ADVERTISEMENT

Q: Which High School Football stadiums need a make over?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Again I'm looking at more of places that maybe have the potential to be turned into something much better if they had the ability to throw some $$$ around.

Which ones and what additions/improvements would you make...

Me?

Oswego...great football programs and great support both Oswego's need turf now.

D218 (Richards, Shepard and Eisenhower) was to take the first plunge with synthetic turf, but not sure how current conditions have affected the project's potential readiness for this fall. Anybody driven by one of the campuses lately?

D218 (Richards, Shepard and Eisenhower) was to take the first plunge with synthetic turf, but not sure how current conditions have affected the project's potential readiness for this fall. Anybody driven by one of the campuses lately?
Eisenhower already broke ground I know that Richards is due for 2021.

Again I'm looking at more of places that maybe have the potential to be turned into something much better if they had the ability to throw some $$$ around.

Which ones and what additions/improvements would you make...

Me?

Oswego...great football programs and great support both Oswego's need turf now.
I knew that was going to be your suggestion :)

I think the entire Fox Valley is grass except for Huntley. PR’s field in the playoffs was a disaster.

Reactions: Wolffan64
Peoria Stadium
lol. i love that place. i've never been in the home side bleachers, but looking at them just seems old school 'cool'.

i know the parking sucks. i've coached there once and scouted there twice.

best thing about going there is schooner's across the street. really, really good food.

Last edited:
memorial stadium in siringfield, il.

one non-porta potty bathroom. looks like from the 60's. i think it only has 3 stalls. lighting isn't bad and plenty of seating.

corndogs are amazing!

Reactions: rocketnation
For all the success Cary Grove has had, their stadium and field should be better.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Palatine's lights, they need to switch to 120 watt bulbs or re-angle them because it's dark.

Waubonsee Valley probably should be turf by now.

For all the success Cary Grove has had, their stadium and field should be better.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Palatine's lights, they need to switch to 120 watt bulbs or re-angle them because it's dark.

WV, Neuqua and Metea are all lumped together.

Marmion Stadium set up and stands are fine, outside of the mile walk from the visitors stands to the concessions, but they need field turf in a real bad way!

Reactions: CougsX

You would think that about CG. It was a big deal getting lights in the 80’s. Although the sloppy track did help them beat the highly touted Phillips in the 2018 quarterfinals.

Love to see some hedges or trees put in at LA....enclose the place a little. I miss the tall trees behind the visitors stands as well.

Sachs Stadium has come a long way. Hedges and trees would be nice. What would be nicer would be one of those highway noise abatement fences to run the length of the stadium on the east side.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
Sachs Stadium has come a long way. Hedges and trees would be nice. What would be nicer would be one of those highway noise abatement fences to run the length of the stadium on the east side.

If you’ve ever sat on that side you’ll know that it’s loud. IDOT removed much of the scrub a few years ago, leaving it more unprotected. Usually at around 2pm, the Edens slows to a crawl inbound, which lowers the noise considerably.
I would be in favor of getting back that mature shade tree that covered the student section.

So true. On a positive note, the field is getting a completely new surface (as are the lax fields) which should be completed in a few weeks. Should be amazing. They are installing a sub surface also for extra cushion.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
So true. On a positive note, the field is getting a completely new surface (as are the lax fields) which should be completed in a few weeks. Should be amazing. They are installing a sub surface also for extra cushion.
Wow. Ripping up the old field turf? Do they reuse that field for the hill?

Btw does Peotone still have the light up
Victory V on the school like Joliet East had?

im not sure if the tone has the “V” but we did at least until our new high school was built. Not sure if it still gets used or if they put one on the new building.

Ost is the only good field in the entire park district. All of the baseball fields are an embarrassment.
The turf gets chewed up pretty good by the end of the season. We need a new shed and we may be getting kicked out if the pit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT