ADVERTISEMENT

Q: What was your favorite all time Christmas/Holiday gift?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Q: What was your favorite all time Christmas/Holiday gift?

Hard one no question. Here are a few of mine....feel free to add yours as well.

818993814c1005c4ed5603aaa524c39f.jpg
5c12a138cf954-super%20toe.jpg

Attachments

• 818993814c1005c4ed5603aaa524c39f.jpg
    818993814c1005c4ed5603aaa524c39f.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: superac777
As dorky as it sounds, when I was a kid my aunt knitted me blue and yellow mittens for my favorite team then, the LA Rams. Back in the day of my favorite running back Wendell Tyler.

Reactions: ignazio
As dorky as it sounds, when I was a kid my aunt knitted me blue and yellow mittens for my favorite team then, the LA Rams. Back in the day of my favorite running back Wendell Tyler.

I was a huge Rams fan as a kid as well. One year, I got a Rams robe, bedspread, garbage can, lunch box and a full Lawrence McCutcheon uniform.

Another one we had the Hawks versus the Canadians version

d86ed947c9369fcfc44a272fdf36aa46--hockey-games-sports-games.jpg

Attachments

• d86ed947c9369fcfc44a272fdf36aa46--hockey-games-sports-games.jpg
    d86ed947c9369fcfc44a272fdf36aa46--hockey-games-sports-games.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: USD24
Electronic Quarterback was SO AWESOME for its time. I loved that game. Glorified Pong but in a handheld. I could score with my 3 guys every time!

Another top one was techmo bowl for Nintendo. Bo Jackson could not be stopped!!

Intellivision game system.

What was a big hit gift you gave to someone else for Christmas?

Favorite memory - coming home from Christmas Eve mass as a youngster and on the way home saw a neighbor on top of his roof in a Santa outfit fixing the decorative lights.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdgyTim
Besides Atari 2600, Christmas 1983 I asked for a real Bears Jersey, not those knock offs USD24 posted above, which were awesome by the way USD24 I had one but I wanted a real mesh Bears Jersey. My Mom is off the boat Irish, even though her three boys played football for years, she didn’t know Walter Payton from Carlton Fisk and really didn’t care too....well I was in the 7th grade and dropped numerous hints and just assumed it would be a Payton Jersey. Well Christmas morning I opened my gift, saw it was a Bears Jersey held it up in delight and displayed my #29 Dennis Gentry Jersey!!! I looked over at my Mom and she was excited and hoping she did right. I told her I loved it and she smiled....until my older brother said “Dennis Gentry? He sucks!”.....typical Rice guy he was!! Anyways I did spend a lot of time explaining why I got Dennis Gentry to my friends but I learned all about the Baylor great and rooted him in for all 7 TDs he got in his 11 year career on the Bears...but 11 years he was with the Bears and always chipped in! I was #29 my freshman year too.

Besides Atari 2600, Christmas 1983 I asked for a real Bears Jersey, not those knock offs USD24 posted above, which were awesome by the way USD24 I had one but I wanted a real mesh Bears Jersey. My Mom is off the boat Irish, even though her three boys played football for years, she didn’t know Walter Payton from Carlton Fisk and really didn’t care too....well I was in the 7th grade and dropped numerous hints and just assumed it would be a Payton Jersey. Well Christmas morning I opened my gift, saw it was a Bears Jersey held it up in delight and displayed my #29 Dennis Gentry Jersey!!! I looked over at my Mom and she was excited and hoping she did right. I told her I loved it and she smiled....until my older brother said “Dennis Gentry? He sucks!”.....typical Rice guy he was!! Anyways I did spend a lot of time explaining why I got Dennis Gentry to my friends but I learned all about the Baylor great and rooted him in for all 7 TDs he got in his 11 year career on the Bears...but 11 years he was with the Bears and always chipped in! I was #29 my freshman year too.
Pinky! I see a lot of Dennis Gentry in Tarik Cohen and a great story thanks for sharing

Reactions: Bowie50
Intellivision game system.

What was a big hit gift you gave to someone else for Christmas?

Favorite memory - coming home from Christmas Eve mass as a youngster and on the way home saw a neighbor on top of his roof in a Santa outfit fixing the decorative lights.

My son I got him his first gaming system a PS2...which he still has and still works.

Reactions: Wassup13
Either first or second grade (73/4), my Uncle was a big Miami Dolphins fan from the Griese/Czonka/Morris back to back & undefeated era and I was right there with him. He got me a Dolphins rain poncho, aqua with the jumping Dolphin on the chest, orange on the inside. I took it to school for show & tell...I loved that poncho. Then in fourth or fifth grade he got me a Mr. Quarterback - I had no hands to begin with, and the rock hard plastic football left welts when it hit you. Mom got me my letter jacket and a boom box as a sophomore...

Gifts I've given? My freshman year at Illinois I gave my younger brother, 8th grader, an Illini basketball practice jersey with Illlini-Michigan hoops tickets in the neckband. And my favorite Wildcat has always gotten tickets to a ballgame somewhere he has never been before (I've taken him to every state school but Western for a game or camp)....His 8th grade Illini hoops game and Hooters for lunch is memorable (yeah, his mother gave me some grief over the lunch choice). And his 8th grade graduation gift was priceless - football & basketball camp at SIU, with my first return to Carbondale since the summer I graduated...

Christmas 1970 or 1971 my super cool Aunt gave me and my cousin Jim aluminum hockey sticks. The blade and neck were fiberglass and the shaft was aluminum. No chance of that ever breaking. Absolutely nobody else in Evergreen Park had one of those

Reactions: EdgyTim
Christmas 1970 or 1971 my super cool Aunt gave me and my cousin Jim aluminum hockey sticks. The blade and neck were fiberglass and the shaft was aluminum. No chance of that ever breaking. Absolutely nobody else in Evergreen Park had one of those
Where did you play with those sticks? Lagoon in Marquette Park? Flooded concrete courts at the 92nd & Millard Park? That small lake in Oak Lawn SE of 95th & Central?

woody6- Mostly at Klien park at 96th and Homan. I went to Southwest Christian School which was next to the park K- 6th grade. At recess we where allowed to go to the park and either ice skate or play hockey. The village of Evergreen Park flooded and built ice rinks in the winter. Sometimes on the weekend we'd walk to 92nd and Millard. Imagine that- we actually walked.

We weren't allowed to skate on the Oak Lawn lake at 95th and Central. Mom was convinced we fall through the ice and drown

Me and my brother got a Honda Mini Trail 70.
Turquoise. We were 10-12. I think we road that bike in the fields by our house everyday that summer.

]
TEMPLATE%20hh%20coleco%20quarterback%20console%20front%20EX%20blue%20buttons.JPG

i still have this game
some of the best tho, pair of boxing gloves, pair of ice skates(yes the old style with metal tuck) bobby hull signature, and new hockey stick(yes wood)
couple of these past years, brand new boxing gloves, new hockey sticks, looking for some new roller blades.

Received: I was a Steelers fan - got a mug, bath set (football soap and beach towel), and a knockoff jersey. I still have that mug.

Given: My parents retired to the Tampa area and I was living in the city. I got my Dad and I tickets to the season finale against the Bears - was the last regular season game in the Old Sombrero.

So Dad and I go inside - but TONS remained outside to tailgate. We go to get beers and food - then we realized why everyone stayed outside: no beer sales until 11:00 AM, meaning kick off. Stadium was rather empty until the first series was played.

Here is the game recap:

Week 17: Chicago
The final regular season game at Tampa Stadium saw Tampa Bay take on division rival Chicago, with playoff seeding on the line. A win by Tampa Bay would clinch the #4 seed in the playoffs, and secure a home game for the wild card round.

Karl Williams scored a dramatic 61-yard punt return touchdown at the end of the first quarter, en route to a 21–3 halftime lead. Tampa Bay padded the lead in the second half, particularly with Warrick Dunn's 119 yards rushing.

Tampa Bay won 31–15, won the final regular season game at Tampa Stadium, and secured a home game against Detroit for the wild card playoffs. In only head coach Tony Dungy's second season, the Buccaneers had a winning record and a return to the postseason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT