ADVERTISEMENT

Q of the Week: Player of the Year

I'd consider two from the Southwest Conference.

Robert Battle of East St. Louis who, in 11 games, has thrown for 1,959 yards at a clip of 60.5 percent for 23 TDs and two interceptions. He has also rushed 88 times for 658 yards, or 7.5 per carry. He may end up with two IHSA state titles and a runner-up.

Jake Curry of Edwardsville who has thrown for 1,972 yards at a clip of 64.2 percent for 28 TDs and two interceptions. He has also rushed 111 times for 439 yards, or 4.0 per carry.

Both are four-year starters who began their careers in the spring of 2020. Both, I believe, are all-time leading passers for their respective schools.

Hands down, Alessio Milivojevic of St. Francis. The kid is a stud and has been on fire all season long. Big numbers against playoff caliber teams all season.
Has thrown for over 3100 yards at an insane 74% completion rate. 36 TD's and 4 int..
44 rushes for 252 yards for 5.7 per carry and 9 TD's
His numbers are insane as teams inaugural year in the CCL/ESSC

Hands down, Alessio Milivojevic of St. Francis. The kid is a stud and has been on fire all season long. Big numbers against playoff caliber teams all season.
Has thrown for over 3100 yards at an insane 74% completion rate. 36 TD's and 4 int..

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I would wait a few games. 8 more significant quarters to be played. Every play will matter now.
I would also suggest 8A 7A or 6A. Its a different level of football on the field.
Much more competitive 11 players across the line for 13 games.

100% Yes

Him

Don't see how Barrington QB Nick Peipert can avoid this conversation. Taken Barrington to an undefeated season and in the semifinals in 8A. All while throwing for 35 touchdowns to 3 interceptions including 2800 passing yards and 234 on the ground with 2 rushing TD's. He threw for 500 yards and 5 touchdowns against Maine South in the Quarterfinals alone.

I know these always tend to go to the Chicago teams/players because that's the basis of this forum.... BUT Henry Buecker from Rochester plays both ways and his stats are amazing. Don't have time to run them down right now, but if we want to consider the ENTIRE state (including little ole 4A), he would be my pick... kid is just simply athletic
Ive been including the entire State of Illinois for almost 30 years now....and I also live South of I80 FYI.

Ive been including the entire State of Illinois for almost 30 years now....and I also live South of I80 FYI.
I know this is your choice and your forum, but more speaking to the others who would be giving suggestions. Most are Chicagoland it seems...that's all!

@RockSoup, much appreciated.

Congrats to Rochester WR-DB Henry Buecker on being named to the All-State team. Here are his stats for the season: 992 yards receiving with 14 TD's, 130 yards rushing with 1 TD, and 7 Interceptions with 2 returned for scores. Henry is a 3-year starter on defense who has really stepped it up on offense this year.

Roxana owes much of their 12-0 start to senior RB/LB Evan Wells. He has complied 1526 rushing yards off of 172 carries for 8.9 yards a carry. Wells also leads with the Shells with 28 touchdowns and convert 5 two-point conversions. On the other end of the ball, he has 36 tackles, 4 sacks and a pair of fumble recoveries.
According to this article the STLToday put out last week, he’s tied for the #1 class rank while doing it all https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hig...cle_970f9202-7c58-11ee-acef-a37a6e5d3f04.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT