ADVERTISEMENT

Q of the Week: Are we (Illinois) getting better as a football state?

More than you know, but still think Illinois is putting out a better product. One example I'll give you is North Central's dominance in recent years. Mount Union is still strong though. I think D3 ball really where a state shows depth in football talent and Illinois has an advantage over them right, albeit slight.

At first your example was a game that never actually happened and now it’s a flash in the pan D3 program having moderately more success the last 4 years than Mount Union has sustained for decades? You are clueless and do not know more about Ohio football than that guy you are arguing with. I am surprised you can even afford the internet with your intelligence level being so low.

Reactions: brucealmighy
A lot is due to CPS sucking balls as a team, but producing yearly talent. Chicago's population throws off the balance. Then we get tons of farm and suburban teams, playing good solid ball and producing a "talent" on occasion, but to support kwamizee, thosee kids populate North Central, as well as SIU, ISU, Lindenwood and others like Miliken and McKendree.

Ohio to me is right behind us. I still think our best beats their best handily. There is recent examples too. LA v St Edwards
Loyola didn’t play st Ed’s, although I wish we had. We played St. Xavier on a down year on espn. I disagree, I think we would’ve probably lost. Ohio football is definitely better than Illinois.

Maybe everyone knew this but me, but I just looked up Cincinnati Moeller and saw that Tom Waddle played on two of their state championship teams.

Maybe everyone knew this but me, but I just looked up Cincinnati Moeller and saw that Tom Waddle played on two of their state championship teams.
Those Moeller teams got Gerry Faust the head coach job at Notre Dame that ended up being a total bust. Turns out recruiting in college is different than high school especially when the majority of your competitors can’t play by the same rules. Once the field was evened for Faust his mediocrity was revealed much to the chagrin of Notre Dame administration.

Loyola didn’t play st Ed’s, although I wish we had. We played St. Xavier on a down year on espn. I disagree, I think we would’ve probably lost. Ohio football is definitely better than Illinois.
Top tier football in IL is very good but we only go 3-5 teams deep as opposed to Ohio which is probably 7-10 teams deep. Cleveland St Ed plays Philly St Joe this year which has to be one of the best match ups in the country.

As for U of I, they need to get Shad Khan to take an interest in bankrolling the football team.

Reactions: ClownBaby
Top tier football in IL is very good but we only go 3-5 teams deep as opposed to Ohio which is probably 7-10 teams deep. Cleveland St Ed plays Philly St Joe this year which has to be one of the best match ups in the country.
Loyola also played st ignatius of Cleveland about 5 or so years ago. It was probably Loyolas worst team under holecek though. I’m hoping they play the best from Ohio with one of their best teams sometime down the line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT