ADVERTISEMENT

Q: Best IHSA Football Rivalries

CoM vs JCA mid to late 2000's it seemed like every year it was a game that decided conference champs. 2003 gm was featured on ESPN and believe both won state that yr. 2010 was another classic with 3 D 1 RB's Malin Jones, Josh Ferguson and ty Isaac.
2011 classic. Back and forth in the fourth qtr. With Isaac catching a 70 yard td with under a minute to go. Inexplicably, he was in single coverage when he was clearly the only target for that last drive.

Way back in the 1970s, Lockport had a pretty good rivalry with Joliet Catholic. They had some great teams and we had some solid teams too. It was such a good rivalry partly because there was a good handful of guys on the Catholic team who lived in Lockport.

Way back in the 1970s, Lockport had a pretty good rivalry with Joliet Catholic. They had some great teams and we had some solid teams too. It was such a good rivalry partly because there was a good handful of guys on the Catholic team who lived in Lockport.
Rest in Peace Coach Bill Zimmer.

LA vs GT.
Not a lot of love there.

Saw one of the last decent games between the two schools in 1992 at Lane Stadium. LA won pretty easily, but the Gordon kids were real testy in that game. I know that the schools probably fought over kids back then so I can see some bitterness but did a real rivalvry exist?

Saw one of the last decent games between the two schools in 1992 at Lane Stadium. LA won pretty easily, but the Gordon kids were real testy in that game. I know that the schools probably fought over kids back then so I can see some bitterness but did a real rivalvry exist?

Back in the years when Gordon enrolled 2500+ boys, the LA/GT rivalry was huge.

They fought over coaches too...

They fought over coaches too...

I am pretty sure you are talking about John Hoerster. I am also pretty sure he applied for the SF job in the early 80s and didn't get it. A few years later he got hired at Loyola and the rest is history. I know John lived in Elmhurst and I sometimes wonder how he would have done at SF had he gotten the job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT