ADVERTISEMENT

Proposed CCL/ESCC 2021-2022 Divisions

As a high school football fan I try to read all these threads.
But too often I wonder about the same annoying thing. A gentleman listed the 7 divisions for football in the fall and made it clear it’s not official. In the days that have passed no one has offered up a source to confirm or correct this list. Further some schedules have been listed here that imply that it is accurate. Yet when someone asked where could look to check out schedules all he got was a joke answer. The problem I have Monday morning is that most all the takes on this thread seem to imply fact and not opinion or hope. The fact I see for sure is the trinity high school that’s ranked 10th in the nation. I like facts. I think it’s a total disservice to present opinion as fact. So someone please answer where or how we can look at all these schedules to confirm we are being presented with facts and not just wishful thinking. I credit the first poster for making it clear his list is not official but either done AD gave him the info or he is guessing. It’s frustrating for me to read this stuff and not know if it’s fact.
The list put out there was the preliminary list of schedules/divisions made out by the AD's. It was not an opinion, but rather the proposed schedule/divisions. A few adjustments were made to that initial schedule and divisions.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
As a high school football fan I try to read all these threads.
But too often I wonder about the same annoying thing. A gentleman listed the 7 divisions for football in the fall and made it clear it’s not official. In the days that have passed no one has offered up a source to confirm or correct this list. Further some schedules have been listed here that imply that it is accurate. Yet when someone asked where could look to check out schedules all he got was a joke answer. The problem I have Monday morning is that most all the takes on this thread seem to imply fact and not opinion or hope. The fact I see for sure is the trinity high school that’s ranked 10th in the nation. I like facts. I think it’s a total disservice to present opinion as fact. So someone please answer where or how we can look at all these schedules to confirm we are being presented with facts and not just wishful thinking. I credit the first poster for making it clear his list is not official but either done AD gave him the info or he is guessing. It’s frustrating for me to read this stuff and not know if it’s fact.

Unless it's coming from @EdgyTim this is an opinion and rumor board, not a news service.

I'd have Rita, Rice, Marist and Mt Carmel in one and Loyola, Notre Dame, DePaul and Pats in the other

Then rope in St Edwards of Elgin and have a Marian Central Catholic, Viator, Eds and Carmel

Reactions: RockSoup
I'd have Rita, Rice, Marist and Mt Carmel in one and Loyola, Notre Dame, DePaul and Pats in the other

Then rope in St Edwards of Elgin and have a Marian Central Catholic, Viator, Eds and Carmel
No thank you. I’m certain the feeling is mutual with Pats and DePaul.

Reactions: eireog and go_rice
Why do people keep trying to get Loyola out of the Blue?
Loyola has been the best CCL team over the past decade, the Blue is considered the best division of the CCL/ESCC. Take Loyola out of it and you lose some of that mystique, until Loyola is no longer a top 4-5 team in the CCL/ESCC they belong in the Blue, and there is no valid argument for them to be in any other division.

Reactions: Gene K. and eireog
Can’t speak for everyone but I loved when ND and LA would go at it week 2 every year.
I would love to get NND back on the schedule. Good for both schools. I just don’t think pats and DePaul would be competitive.

Reactions: caravan8
Can’t speak for everyone but I loved when ND and LA would go at it week 2 every year.
Me too.

LA has been in a division with the southside powers (plus PC up until recent years) for so long that I, for one, am curious about what it would be like to play schools that draw from the same Chicago neighborhoods and suburbs. That's something that the southside schools have had (for the most part) year in and year out that LA doesn't have. I think it makes for more intense football rivalries (see Marist vs Rice and Rita vs MC).

I think LA vs NDCP is a great example of an awesome football rivalry that should have been but has never really materialized. I wish that Carmel Catholic and Viator were more competitive than they have been in recent years because then I could definitely see a geographic division of LA, NDCP, Carmel Catholic and Viator making sense.

Reactions: caravan8
That's something that the southside schools have had (for the most part) year in and year out that LA doesn't have. I think it makes for more intense football rivalries (see Marist vs Rice and Rita vs MC).
Hopefully one day schools like ND and Carmel and Viator can give Loyola those rivalries. It really is great to have those rivalries with SR & BR & Marist to a degree. Those rivalries exist because both teams in those games have a competitive history against each other and it gives each team a realistic chance to win the games most years. I’m not sure ND, Carmel or Viator stand a chance against Loyola for the foreseeable future.

more intense football

I can't think of a more intense game than the SR/LA playoff game in 1963 that Rita won with a last second two-point conversion. I wasn't there, and I wasn't a student at either school, but the intensity of that game reverberated through the city like the largest earthquake ever recorded.

Reactions: ignazio
I can't think of a more intense game than the SR/LA playoff game in 1963 that Rita won with a last second two-point conversion. I wasn't there, and I wasn't a student at either school, but the intensity of that game reverberated through the city like the largest earthquake ever recorded.
I understand, but you took my words out of context. I said more intense football rivalries and you said more intense football. Two different things, IMO.

If you asked Rita guys who their most intense football rival is, none would say Loyola. If you asked Loyola guys who their most intense football football rival is, none would say Rita. I seriously don't know who that would be right now for Loyola other than perhaps NT. When I was at Loyola, our biggest rival was Gordon. Prior to that, it was probably St. George.

Do we have to bring our own tent for the team to get changed into uniform?

Not only a tent, Montini will bring the speakers and music with them to the Library, I mean Naz.

Hitting Frankies on the way to this game.

What's the date of this game?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
If you asked Loyola guys who their most intense football football rival is, none would say Rita. I seriously don't know who that would be right now for Loyola other than perhaps NT.
What about Maine South? It seemed like an intense rivalry a few years back.

It's not a geographic rival, but it seems LA and Marist are developing a nice rivalry after Marist had some success against the Ramblers with the two wins in 2019.

Loyola has no rivalries until playoff time.

They are a great regular season team but never know what will happen in the playoffs. Kind of like the Milwaukee Bucks.

• Wow
I understand, but you took my words out of context. I said more intense football rivalries and you said more intense football. Two different things, IMO.

If you asked Rita guys who their most intense football rival is, none would say Loyola. If you asked Loyola guys who their most intense football football rival is, none would say Rita. I seriously don't know who that would be right now for Loyola other than perhaps NT. When I was at Loyola, our biggest rival was Gordon. Prior to that, it was probably St. George.
If you ask the Rita alumni the big game is MC.

If you ask the Rita general student body I think they may say BR.

But if you want to measure the intensity level of hate -
It has to be Marist girls vs Mother McCauley - it can get vicious.....

Not only a tent, Montini will bring the speakers and music with them to the Library, I mean Naz.

Hitting Frankies on the way to this game.

What's the date of this game?
Does MCHS students even know what a Library is ?

• Haha

When I was at LA, we played MC every two years. That was the game we circled on the calendar. No one gave a shit about NT unless it was hockey or lacrosse.

Ha you got me. I changed a word and didn't read it again. But in all seriously @Wassup13 what was meant by the Library comment? Is it that quiet at Naz games?

Just kidding. Naz fans are loud. I do think Naz has to keep the music down due to their close neighbors but at Montini the music is loud.

Also like to hear the Naz band.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT