2) St. Viator
3) Carmel
4) Marian Catholic

RED
1) Marian Central
2) DePaul Prep
3) Leo
4) TBD

Thank God I put subject to change disclaimer on my post Sunday! Well when my source is right 51% of the time that means he’s wrong 49% of the time!

SR Schedule:
3 at LA
4 Benet
5 Pat's
6 Naz
7 at Marian CC
8 PC
9 at ND

I have heard MC at Rita week 1 but not official yet

SR Schedule:
3 at LA
4 Benet
5 Pat's
6 Naz
7 at Marian CC
8 PC
9 at ND

I have heard MC at Rita week 1 but not official yet
Love to switch out Marian with MC. Week 2 SR is at Trinity H.S. in Louisville. They are currently rated #10 nationally. MC-Trinity-LA three weeks in a row would be a tough start.

Reactions: Brin22
Tough break for StL, I don’t see Burbank Viking winning a conference game the next two years.

Tough break for StL, I don’t see Burbank Viking winning a conference game the next two years.
Agreed. I think Fenwick or Marmion may have been a better fit there. But I do love the fact JC, PC, and Montini are together. Should be some dogfights.

It sounds like JC has Rice as a crossover. That would make PC, Montini, and Rice three of their nine games, which is a good start for JC. Maybe one more real good test in crossover or nonconference games and that should be good.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Why did the Blue not change?
I really don’t know. The problem with 4 team conferences is that it can easily be ties. Over 2 years MC and LA were both 4-2 and Rice and Marist were both 2-4. Maybe instead of getting too deep into tie breakers they agreed to keep it as is. I would think that SR would have had to agree to it too but that’s just speculation.

Last edited:
I really don’t know. The problem with 4 team conferences is that it can easily be ties. Over 2 years MC and LA were both 4-2 and Rice and Marist were both 2-4. Maybe instead of getting too deep into tie breakers they agreed to keep it as is. I would think that SR would have had to agree to it too but that’s just speculation. If Rita does have MC, Kentucky and LA to start the year then maybe adding BR and Marist wasn’t in there best interest because that would be a tough year competition wise but also physically. Again, just my speculation.

My understanding is they used the original formula with conference W/L, school enrollment and program head count to determine realignment so it wasn’t a true promotion/relegation.

As you can see, Providence and Montini both dropped from Green to White and Naz and Benet both went up.

Again, still waiting for this to made official or see a Michael O’Brien/Pat Disabato tweet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
Agreed. I think Fenwick or Marmion may have been a better fit there. But I do love the fact JC, PC, and Montini are together. Should be some dogfights.

It sounds like JC has Rice as a crossover. That would make PC, Montini, and Rice three of their nine games, which is a good start for JC. Maybe one more real good test in crossover or nonconference games and that should be good.
JC schedule:
3 DLS
4 Prov
5 open
6 StL
7 @Rice
8@Benet
9 @Montini

My understanding is they used the original formula with conference W/L, school enrollment and program head count to determine realignment so it wasn’t a true promotion/relegation.

As you can see, Providence and Montini both dropped from Green to White and Naz and Benet both went up.

Again, still waiting for this to made official or see a Michael O’Brien/Pat Disabato tweet.
When they went to smaller conferences with merger the mindset was to qualify as many teams as possible for the playoffs. If you think back Fenwick wanted out of the Blue and was willing to walk to the ESCC before then. ⁸NO one wants to be in a closed conference of 10 teams playing a 9 game schedule. Teams 6-10 in that conference would never see the playoffs. My OPINION just minor tweaks this year because it was only a 6 game spring and a do over in December. I'd love for SR to open with JCA and trade Marian for MC.

There is a different buzz when SR MC and BR play each other just like Pat's vs ND or Marist vs Naz. I wouldn't want to be one of the AD's when they redo this.

Rita and Mt Carmel HAVE to schedule for Week 1. I mean c'mon!! These 2 rivals should be playing every f'ing year
Heck have the game be at Rita since they've got Trinity and LA the following weeks. Regardless Rita will still win the Green even if they started 0-3. Plus if there is anytime Rita has a chance to beat MC its in Week 1 where MC still has big ? at QB and on the OL. Cmon Lynch and Kuska - get this done.

Rita and Mt Carmel HAVE to schedule for Week 1. I mean c'mon!! These 2 rivals should be playing every f'ing year
Heck have the game be at Rita since they've got Trinity and LA the following weeks. Regardless Rita will still win the Green even if they started 0-3. Plus if there is anytime Rita has a chance to beat MC its in Week 1 where MC still has big ? at QB and on the OL. Cmon Lynch and Kuska - get this done.
Let's see Brother Rice is in the Blue.
Mount Carmel is in the Blue.
If St. Rita plays Mount Carmel
Mount Carmel has a 50/50 change of losing
do you have a vested interest?

ps - Could someone post the MC schedule for weeks 3-7 please.

ND
Marist
Iggy
BR
Laurence
Viator
LA

A Green vs Blue game is irrelevant in my mind - whoever loses has not bearing on what they do in their respective conferences. What would be shameful is if they didn't take advantage of the one remaining open date each had and played each other? How long since last time?

A Green vs Blue game is irrelevant in my mind - whoever loses has not bearing on what they do in their respective conferences. What would be shameful is if they didn't take advantage of the one remaining open date each had and played each other? How long since last time?

Thank God I put subject to change disclaimer on my post Sunday! Well when my source is right 51% of the time that means he’s wrong 49% of the time!

As a high school football fan I try to read all these threads.
But too often I wonder about the same annoying thing. A gentleman listed the 7 divisions for football in the fall and made it clear it’s not official. In the days that have passed no one has offered up a source to confirm or correct this list. Further some schedules have been listed here that imply that it is accurate. Yet when someone asked where could look to check out schedules all he got was a joke answer. The problem I have Monday morning is that most all the takes on this thread seem to imply fact and not opinion or hope. The fact I see for sure is the trinity high school that’s ranked 10th in the nation. I like facts. I think it’s a total disservice to present opinion as fact. So someone please answer where or how we can look at all these schedules to confirm we are being presented with facts and not just wishful thinking. I credit the first poster for making it clear his list is not official but either done AD gave him the info or he is guessing. It’s frustrating for me to read this stuff and not know if it’s fact.

Reactions: chicago73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT