ADVERTISEMENT

Pre Season State Championship Predictions.

Thanks for sharing the preview Crusader!!

As expected looks like Edwardsville’s Offense will be a Total juggernaut all season.

Looks like most of Edwardsville’s back 4 return to the Defense and a couple of LB’s also Returning with a good amount of Varsity snaps. Does not sound like the cuboard is completely bare on the defensive side.

The good news (for WV) is that they don’t have a ton of experience coming back on either sides of the line (same could be said about WV as well).

With the brutal schedule EDs has In the first 4 games - it looks like they will be a well oiled machine come week 4.

Edwardsville Season Opener: At the end of 1st Quarter E-Ville 28, McLuer North 0. E-Ville with 2 rushing touchdowns and 2 through the air.

49-0 at the half

Last edited:
Edwardsville Season Opener: At the end of 1st Quarter E-Ville 28, McLuer North 0. E-Ville with 2 rushing touchdowns and 2 through the air.

49-0 at the half

Oh man. That’s crazy.

We in a dog fight at OPRF. 17-14 at half. WV offense has only run about 12 plays but we got two big TD plays (one run and one pass) other than that I don’t think we have a first down. We have turned the ball over once that they turned into 7 points. On the plus side the D is playing pretty well considering they have been on the field the entire first half.

Reactions: playboymixx
Oh man. That’s crazy.

We in a dog fight at OPRF. 17-14 at half. WV offense has only run about 12 plays but we got two big TD plays (one run and one pass) other than that I don’t think we have a first down. We have turned the ball over once that they turned into 7 points. On the plus side the D is playing pretty well considering they have been on the field the entire first half.

Oak Park's usually pretty solid. Sounds like a good game.

Edwardsville is up 56-0 in the third. Reserves are in and the starters are out.

Final score 63-0 Edwardsville over McCluer North.

Last edited:
Oak Park's usually pretty solid. Sounds like a good game.

Edwardsville is up 56-0 in the third. Reserves are in and the starters are out.

Final score 63-0 Edwardsville over McCluer North.

Wow! That is truly scary. I’m thinking another deep run to maybe the final game is possible for Eds. Their D pitched a shutout for goodness sakes! Even with the younger guys in!! They going to be very very scary.

Wow! That is truly scary. I’m thinking another deep run to maybe the final game is possible for Eds. Their D pitched a shutout for goodness sakes! Even with the younger guys in!! They going to be very very scary.

McCluer North isn't exactly stiff competition, so I wouldn't get too excited yet. It'll be one extreme to the next for Eville since next week they will play CBC. CBC is the #1 ranked school in the STL area and #1 in the state of MO I believe.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
McCluer North isn't exactly stiff competition, so I wouldn't get too excited yet. It'll be one extreme to the next for Eville since next week they will play CBC. CBC is the #1 ranked school in the STL area and #1 in the state of MO I believe.

Ok - but if they duke it out and make it past CBC - then I think you have to have them in the top 2-3 teams as the favorites for a title run. To blank a team (any team) is damn impressive!

Ok - but if they duke it out and make it past CBC - then I think you have to have them in the top 2-3 teams as the favorites for a title run. To blank a team (any team) is damn impressive!
If they happen to beat CBC, and that's a big IF, then yeah I think they deserve to be in the conversation for the top teams in 8a to win a title. If they beat CBC and ESL in back to back weeks, then I'll go out on a limb and say that I would favor them to win 8a as long as they stay injury free.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
If they happen to beat CBC, and that's a big IF, then yeah I think they deserve to be in the conversation for the top teams in 8a to win a title. If they beat CBC and ESL in back to back weeks, then I'll go out on a limb and say that I would favor them to win 8a as long as they stay injury free.

Totally agree - but I don’t think they need to beat both (just one). If they lose a tight game to a top notch team - that is going to happen from time to time with a tough week in and week out schedule. Saw that in the DVC before it broke up and as long as injuries didn’t pile up - I liked the chances for deep runs to quarters or better from some of those teams with records like 7-2, 6-3 etc.

I am really looking forward to watching the EDs Offense Live and in person here in a few weeks!

Totally agree - but I don’t think they need to beat both (just one). If they lose a tight game to a top notch team - that is going to happen from time to time with a tough week in and week out schedule. Saw that in the DVC before it broke up and as long as injuries didn’t pile up - I liked the chances for deep runs to quarters or better from some of those teams with records like 7-2, 6-3 etc.

I am really looking forward to watching the EDs Offense Live and in person here in a few weeks!

Yeah, I agree. If they win one of those games, then they're in the conversation. Now if they win both, then I'll favor them to win it all in 8a.

I agree, but even if that happens, I don't think they'll get the top spot in the polls unless LWE loses.

I agree It’s tough to drop a defending state champ in the polls until they get beaten on the field - but up one level (College) they do it all the time on “style points”. The LWE score (20-7) against a team that on paper looked to be an outmatched opponent (but still a very quality teamin their 6A classification) doesn’t wow the voters! Also LWE graduated a ton from that title team. They usually reload,... but.. not sure you can keep them at the top if other teams are blowing the doors off a top drawer game schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: playboymixx
I agree It’s tough to drop a defending state champ in the polls until they get beaten on the field - but up one level (College) they do it all the time on “style points”. The LWE score (20-7) against a team that on paper looked to be an outmatched opponent (but still a very quality teamin their 6A classification) doesn’t wow the voters! Also LWE graduated a ton from that title team. They usually reload,... but.. not sure you can keep them at the top if other teams are blowing the doors off a top drawer game schedule.

Saw that score a couple of times...LWE won 41-13 pulled starters in the third

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Saw that score a couple of times...LWE won 41-13 pulled starters in the third

Ok - that makes more sense. The ScoreStream sometimes is not updated or it isjust flat out wrong. Some Crete fan must have been updating the score and then stopped and hit final when things got out of hand!

Really looking forward to the NC/LWE game next week! That should be a good one!!

Reactions: mommee68
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT