ADVERTISEMENT

Pre Season State Championship Predictions.

8A Loyola
7A Naz
6A Phillips
5A Montini
4A IC
3A Wilimington
2A ????
1A Aurora Christian

8A Loyola
7A Naz
6A Phillips
5A Montini
4A IC
3A Wilimington
2A ????
1A Aurora Christian

Not that many private schools are going to win. 8a is loaded, Naz winning 7a would be a very difficult task, Montini has to get thru the Blue in their first year in the Blue just to make the playoffs.

IC is a great pick and AC don't know much about this year's team.

Is 2018 IC better than 2016 IC with Ricobene and Rowell? If so, I’ll go with IC in 4A.

Is 2018 IC better than 2016 IC with Ricobene and Rowell? If so, I’ll go with IC in 4A.

IC in 2016 would have been competitive in 4A, 5A & 6A....Even with a skill player going to Purdue, they aren't going to be that good again...

The thoughtless no brainer pick: IC v. Rochester for the title.

That said, 4A is hard to pick because: 1) the upper enrollment cutoff greatly affects a pick; and 2) the north/south cut makes a huge difference. If the 4A number runs over 900 again, Morris, Rochelle & Highland come into the mix. If the cutoff is closer to 800, Coal City jumps into the fray big time...win or lose week 1 vs. Morris. IC being forced to play at Morris and/or Coal City is a huge difference from playing at Plunkett...Likewise, if Coal City goes south, are the Coalers in the same quarter as Rochester...or the semis...I-8 didn't do too well in the south last fall...

Reactions: Gene K.
8A LWE v LA part 2
7A *have to reserve judgement until I see MC tomorrow
6A Cary v Phillips
5A Montini v Hillcrest

Reactions: Wolffan64
8A Maine South v Loyola
7A St Chuck N v Lake Zurich
6A Cary Grove v SHG
5A Montini v JCA
4A Rochester v Raby

I really have no clue. I was being a homer with no basis for my predictions.

lol Fair enough. I haven't heard very much about any of the teams in our area. A few local articles have suggested that the Edwardsville offense might be pretty good, but haven't heard much about Eastside, Althoff, Highland or Belleville West. The BV News Democrat usually has more info by now, especially on the Flyers. The STL Post Dispatch hasn't posted much on the 618 teams yet either.

Soucie just put out his state wide top 25 and Edwardsville isn't even in it lol.

That was my bad. I think the jury is out on Edwardsville until we see the defense. What's the scoop on Eastside?

Oh man. Coming off a semi final appearance and a top notch retuRning QB? That’s not exactly what I wanted to hear...:( I was hoping he might head down to Florida like some of the other top recruits from IL hehehehe.

I am dreading the drive down to Eville in week 4 (long drive and I don’t like driving at nite) but looking forward to seeing the Ed’s QB live and in person. I hear he is the real deal. I sure hope WV can give you guys a good game!

Oh man. Coming off a semi final appearance and a top notch retuRning QB? That’s not exactly what I wanted to hear...:( I was hoping he might head down to Florida like some of the other top recruits from IL hehehehe.

I am dreading the drive down to Eville in week 4 (long drive and I don’t like driving at nite) but looking forward to seeing the Ed’s QB live and in person. I hear he is the real deal. I sure hope WV can give you guys a good game!
Edwardsville has CBC (St. Louis) in week 2, ESL in week 3 and WV in week 4. That's a really tough three week stretch. How's WV's offense? The Edwardsville defense could be a big issue for their success or lack thereof, especially during that tough three week schedule.

Edwardsville has CBC (St. Louis) in week 2, ESL in week 3 and WV in week 4. That's a really tough three week stretch. How's WV's offense? The Edwardsville defense could be a big issue for their success or lack thereof, especially during that tough three week schedule.

Holy Hell that is a brutal schedule. The staff must be very very high on The team to put that kind of schedule together!

I just posted some of my thoughts on WV in the upset special thread (I was asked - I didn’t hijack the thread on purpose!;)).

Cautiously optimistic on WV O if the Oline gels. Coach Murph usually has some good game plans and wrinkles he brings in throughout the year and hopefully some of that gets unveiled down south to keep us competitive with the juggernaut!!

Best of luck to WV. You guys always bring it. Unfortunately, the memory of that first round loss you guys put on us a few years ago still lingers! Lol

That was a great game. EDs had a very good team that year. I think if they played 10 times EDs wins 7 of them. We had a workhorse LB and RB that year that really led the team (he’s wrestling at NIU) plus we were fortunate with some turnovers at the right time!

That was a great game. EDs had a very good team that year. I think if they played 10 times EDs wins 7 of them. We had a workhorse LB and RB that year that really led the team (he’s wrestling at NIU) plus we were fortunate with some turnovers at the right time!
Yeah those turn overs killed us, but that's part of the game. WV did what they had to do and earned the win. I was happy to see them survive for a couple more rounds afterwards.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Thanks for sharing the preview Crusader!!

As expected looks like Edwardsville’s Offense will be a Total juggernaut all season.

Looks like most of Edwardsville’s back 4 return to the Defense and a couple of LB’s also Returning with a good amount of Varsity snaps. Does not sound like the cuboard is completely bare on the defensive side.

The good news (for WV) is that they don’t have a ton of experience coming back on either sides of the line (same could be said about WV as well).

With the brutal schedule EDs has In the first 4 games - it looks like they will be a well oiled machine come week 4.

Reactions: Gene K.
8A LWE
7A St Rita
6A Philips
5A Lemont
4A Raby

Of these division. I think 5a is the most wide open and 6A due to philips is the least

Reactions: R15D8G3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT