ADVERTISEMENT

PR.69 Harlem 28 F

For some kids it is for sure about getting prepared for the next level. And i agree with you point to a certain extent, but if the qb for example has any desire to play qb in college, he's at a significant disadvantage considering he's run a triple option offense his entire hs career.
Coach Lynch @ MC ran triple

Roger Staubach ran triple

Antwan Randal El ran triple @ Thorton

Donovan McNabb ran triple

Mike Alstot played wing @ JCA

the list goes on.

great players find a way

Reactions: SWsuburbs4
Coach Lynch @ MC ran triple

Roger Staubach ran triple

Antwan Randal El ran triple @ Thorton

Donovan McNabb ran triple

Mike Alstot played wing @ JCA

the list goes on.

great players find a way
You are talking about NFL HOFers and/or guys that played high school 30 years ago. Probably a little unfair to say hey if that HOF guy can do it i expect you to do it too

How does cary groves triple option look on 7v7?
I think the only positions that may get the short end of the stick in a triple option or wishbone or wing t offense are the quarterback and wide receivers. And even then, they are likely going to make a 6-5 pocket qb into a TE/DE type and the WR type can excel as a DB, TE, or one if the two slot wingbacks.

the qb’s wont throw as much and the WR wont get many targets, but other that that, there is no downside. If you can play, the next level will find you.. triple option is easier to compete regularly. You can win with less talent than your opponent. When you run the spread, you need superior qb’s and wr’s to win most of the time. It is hard to sustain that influx of talent over a period of years.

especially in collar county and rural areas, I don’t think these schools are worried about not losing a big ten caliber qb or wr to the local private school. They are worried about making the most out of the 15 to 50 freshmen who walk through their doors each year. And if a simple to understand and practical system gives them the best chance for success, then you do that.

Cary-grove doesn’t beat ESL last year running the spread or traditional I even if you give them a few extra D1 players. Same goes for PR this year.

You are talking about NFL HOFers and/or guys that played high school 30 years ago. Probably a little unfair to say hey if that HOF guy can do it i expect you to do it too
My point was about running the offense you described.

The running stats for the PR QB are just flat out great. Is he the reincarnation of "superman" Samson Evans? Is there some special type of water given to QB's at Prairie Ridge? If so, get some of that water to Montini.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT