ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks for the great nominations.....

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
My Week 4 Bears High School nominee's are

Coach: Morris HC Alan Thorson won his 100th career game last Friday

Player: Marian Central Catholic senior QB Cael McThenia 34/43 461 yards 5 TD passes 12 carries 83 yards rushing 2 TD's last Friday over Chicago Christian.

Reactions: JG3585 and nardo69
Always enjoy the banter Edgy and catholic, south and west sub favoritism on this board but really Coach of the week goes to a guy that got his 100th career win? Have to call you out on this decision and you are usually better than that. You could coach that program to 100 wins and its not intended to be a lifetime achievement award is it? Disappointed you once again leave the up and comers on the outside looking in. #recount

Reactions: bccanwin
Always enjoy the banter Edgy and catholic, south and west sub favoritism on this board but really Coach of the week goes to a guy that got his 100th career win? Have to call you out on this decision and you are usually better than that. You could coach that program to 100 wins and its not intended to be a lifetime achievement award is it? Disappointed you once again leave the up and comers on the outside looking in. #recount
Sorry to break it to you but your guy isn't going to get coach of the week after beating perennial power Waukegan by 20.

you want some cheese with that wine?!

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
Would love some but cholesterol a little higher than it needs to be
Winning 100 games at Morris is pretty much equal to winning 200 games at pretty much any other school in Illinois. The overall job, pressures within the community etc no question factored into my decision. And Morris is a program I've known and covered for years and feel I have a pretty good handle on it. Again you can have hundreds of worthy coaches every weekand selecting one is a challenge....and I can just as easily select one without telling the general public like everyone else does.....but I feel you guys deserve to know these things.

Also...people need to also undxerstand that one ofg the criteria is that the coach can not have won the award previously within the past 10 plus years.....and in many cases coaches have won it once before FYI

My Week 4 Bears High School nominee's are

Coach: Morris HC Alan Thorson won his 100th career game last Friday

Player: Marian Central Catholic senior QB Cael McThenia 34/43 461 yards 5 TD passes 12 carries 83 yards rushing 2 TD's last Friday over Chicago Christian.
Congratulations to Cael McThenia on an outstanding performance. But why did it have to be against my Chicago Christian Knights ??

Winning 100 games at Morris is pretty much equal to winning 200 games at pretty much any other school in Illinois. The overall job, pressures within the community etc no question factored into my decision. And Morris is a program I've known and covered for years and feel I have a pretty good handle on it. Again you can have hundreds of worthy coaches every weekand selecting one is a challenge....and I can just as easily select one without telling the general public like everyone else does.....but I feel you guys deserve to know these things.

Also...people need to also undxerstand that one ofg the criteria is that the coach can not have won the award previously within the past 10 plus years.....and in many cases coaches have won it once before FYI
Dan Darlington is not walking through that door!!!!

classic Catholic favoritism picking Alan Thorson, Head Coach of Morris Community High School.

I just have to take a pill, that's easy. You probably should head back to the 3rd grade to catch up.
LmdpZg.gif

small daddy looch every time he posts an absolute zinger

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT