ADVERTISEMENT

PR.69 Harlem 28 F

Vasey 19 carries 5 td and over 335 yards rushing. Vasey is the new IHSA single season rushing leader.
I mean this as no disrespect to PR or cary Grove (this is actually a compliment to their fb players) but there is no way id send my kid there to play football

I don't think that system offers the exposure they probably deserve

• Wow
Reactions: Gene K.
I mean this as no disrespect to PR or cary Grove (this is actually a compliment to their fb players) but there is no way id send my kid there to play football

Seems like a great place for an OLineman, running back or any defensive player. Also the CG quarterback from last year is on the Illinois roster.

And every year they send kids into college football - quite a few at D1

PR 69- Harlem 28. Vasey 480yds 8td. 4th quarter. I can’t tell how much time is left because it’s not posted

Last edited:
Reactions: RPG24
Iggy defense really impressed me today. Will be interesting to see how they look vs PR.

Seems like a great place for an OLineman, running back or any defensive player. Also the CG quarterback from last year is on the Illinois roster.
Speaking of last year... where did the FB #34 from CG go? ESL is still having nightmares about that kid.

I've watched both those teams play esl the past 2 championships and they have had a few athletes that have been able to matchup with esl. And they didnt seem to get the same attention in recruiting i would have expected. I dont think the triple option is doing them any favors.

Is that what HS sports is about? If your legit schools will be in on you. Your coaches have A LOT to do with it!

I've watched both those teams play esl the past 2 championships and they have had a few athletes that have been able to matchup with esl. And they didnt seem to get the same attention in recruiting i would have expected. I dont think the triple option is doing them any favors.
The system plays a huge part in it. Running backs are going to put up big numbers in that system and do every year. Looks at Glenbard West, they always have good backs but aside from Brodner none of them have gone to D1 schools. Yet they had a WR that did have big stats end up drafted highly this year. Most scouting/recruiting takes place in the summer at camps and 7v7.

Another example of systems making the difference is Charlie Jones. Was mainly a punt returning with pedestrian receiving stats at Iowa. He is going to end up with over 100 catches, 1000 yards and 10 tds in Purdue’s system.

Is that what HS sports is about? If your legit schools will be in on you. Your coaches have A LOT to do with it!
It’s not like the kids have many options unless mom and dad want to sell the house and move to a town with a football program that has more visibility. My kids don’t play football but I didn’t think when I moved back to Cary that just in case my kids were going to be stud football players, I better make sure I’m in the right town. Out here what are you going to do when you have boundaries? If I had a prospect kid, aside from CG they could go to Marian Central in Woodstock, Carmel of Mundelein or St Viator in Arlington Heights. Not real convenient for the parents. You make the best of the situation and if it works out for the kid, great. Again, I think the kids that play out here are grateful for the opportunity and don’t wish they were somewhere else.

You’re aware schools have boundaries, aren’t you?

Reactions: big daddy looch
For some kids it is for sure about getting prepared for the next level. And i agree with you point to a certain extent, but if the qb for example has any desire to play qb in college, he's at a significant disadvantage considering he's run a triple option offense his entire hs career.

The system plays a huge part in it. Running backs are going to put up big numbers in that system and do every year. Looks at Glenbard West, they always have good backs but aside from Brodner none of them have gone to D1 schools. Yet they had a WR that did have big stats end up drafted highly this year. Most scouting/recruiting takes place in the summer at camps and 7v7.

Another example of systems making the difference is Charlie Jones. Was mainly a punt returning with pedestrian receiving stats at Iowa. He is going to end up with over 100 catches, 1000 yards and 10 tds in Purdue’s system.
How does cary groves triple option look on 7v7?

For some kids it is for sure about getting prepared for the next level. And i agree with you point to a certain extent, but if the qb for example has any desire to play qb in college, he's at a significant disadvantage considering he's run a triple option offense his entire hs career.
I’ll speak for CG since it’s our school. I don’t think playing at the next level is as important to the kids as is continuing their education. Believe it or not, not every kid playing football at least in this town is concerned about it after high school. More kids are interested in college education and if they can play football it’s a bonus.

No idea but their QB from last year in on Illinois now. He must have done decent
Thats great for him and i hope he does well. But my point is that i think they could probably have more guys on b10/fbs rosters.

Sheehan is obviously talented enough to make a b10 team. But he could be much further along in his development as a college qb (esp compared to their other qbs) if he wasnt coming from a triple option system

Thats great for him and i hope he does well. But my point is that i think they could probably have more guys on b10/fbs rosters.

Sheehan is obviously talented enough to make a b10 team. But he could be much further along in his development as a college qb (esp compared to their other qbs) if he wasnt coming from a triple option system
CG wouldn’t thrive in a system other than the triple option. They rely on speed and not size. That’s the system that makes them successful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT