ADVERTISEMENT

Pop Warner D1 JR Varsity game on

The announcer just said the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard about youth football. Said Hoffman’s running back was ranked no 1 in IL.what a joke

The announcer just said the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard about youth football. Said Hoffman’s running back was ranked no 1 in IL.what a joke

Yeah the Announcers are tough to listen to.
Hoffman Estates getting blanked 28-0. Coach bad call seconds before halftime sealed their fate.

Where do those kids go to high school at? Hoffman Estates gets split between a few schools I think??

Reactions: bronco man

A few years ago there was a guy on here pumping up 8th grade rankings talking about the #1 player in the state who was ranked #40 in America. Kid was a good high school player but from day 1 you could tell what a joke those rankings were.

Your bias makes that opinion pretty worthless. TCYFL might be the best for Northern Illinois that’s where it stops tho.

And you speak so highly of it which must make you an expert. And I never said TCYFL was the best. Pop warner isn’t.

Our program nearly joined the Pop Warner and I’m glad they didn’t.

Since you’re the foremost expert on well, everything, share your deeply detailed knowledge of youth football in this state. It’s xhisymas I’ve got extra time.

Your bias makes that opinion pretty worthless. TCYFL might be the best for Northern Illinois that’s where it stops tho.
Tcyfl is a very large league.which makes competing against youth football programs with similar helmet counts very competitive.i just looked at bill George football league wow only 9 Teams left.Apples and oranges comparing TCYFL to any other league because of its size.

Tcyfl is a very large league.which makes competing against youth football programs with similar helmet counts very competitive.i just looked at bill George football league wow only 9 Teams left.Apples and oranges comparing TCYFL to any other league because of its size.

Bill George silk is a high quality league. I know they’re are a couple in the SW burbs that are very good as well. In terms of down state there is one in the greater Springfield area and another down by Edwardsville.

TCYFL is the largest independently run league in the country. Just because it’s the biggest doesn’t make it the best. It’s veey well organized for a league with close to 4,000 kids in it.

Bill George skill is a high quality league. I know they’re are a couple in the SW burbs that are very good as well. In terms of down state there is one in the greater Springfield area and another down by Edwardsville.

TCYFL is the largest independently run league in the country. Just because it’s the biggest doesn’t make it the best. It’s veey well organized for a league with close to 4,000 kids in it.

Yep played in both leagues bill George was strong steams always was tough!Tcyfl very organized and fun with a lot teams for different levels of Competition

My nephew Jadon Thompson played Popwarner up until 7th grade with the Harvey Colts. They crushed everybody in the Midwest to get to Florida. Popwarner is big time in Florida. The kids are beast in Florida. The Colts never got blown out in Florida. But the talent is totally better there. They played for the National Championship in 7th. It was televised on ESPN. Harvey had a good showing. Lost in overtime. He played with the Orland Pioneers in 8th grade because his best friend played there. And they wanted to play with each other before high school. Not sure what League was that. But Popwarner was better by far.

If I can ask who did you play for in the TCYFL?
My nephew Jadon Thompson played Popwarner up until 7th grade with the Harvey Colts. They crushed everybody in the Midwest to get to Florida. Popwarner is big time in Florida. The kids are beast in Florida. The Colts never got blown out in Florida. But the talent is totally better there. They played for the National Championship in 7th. It was televised on ESPN. Harvey had a good showing. Lost in overtime. He played with the Orland Pioneers in 8th grade because his best friend played there. And they wanted to play with each other before high school. Not sure what League was that. But Popwarner was better by far.
Harvey has always been one of the top programs in Pop Warner.Great talent from colts program

Tcyfl is a very large league.which makes competing against youth football programs with similar helmet counts very competitive.i just looked at bill George football league wow only 9 Teams left.Apples and oranges
comparing TCYFL to any other league because of its size.

Bill George has 19 franchises in the league currently

Only shows 9 on website.

Slide over to the other side of the website if your on mobile. It shows only 9 at first glance but when slide I’ve you get the other part.

Arlington Heights
Bartlett
Bloomingdale
Carol Stream
Downers Grove
Elk Grove
Elmhurst
Glen Ellyn
Glendale Heights
Hanover Park
Hinsdale
Lemont
Lombard
Lyons Township
Palatine
Plainfield
Tri City (Batavia, Geneva, St Charles)
West Chicago
Wheaton

BGYFL has been around 55 years, I have some great memories playing in it back in the 80’s.

Slide over to the other side of the website if your on mobile. It shows only 9 at first glance but when slide I’ve you get the other part.

Arlington Heights
Bartlett
Bloomingdale
Carol Stream
Downers Grove
Elk Grove
Elmhurst
Glen Ellyn
Glendale Heights
Hanover Park
Hinsdale
Lemont
Lombard
Lyons Township
Palatine
Plainfield
Tri City (Batavia, Geneva, St Charles)
West Chicago
Wheaton

BGYFL has been around 55 years, I have some great memories playing in it back in the 80’s.
Yep my bad.I played in bill George in the 70s great competition

Reactions: ClownBaby
A few years ago there was a guy on here pumping up 8th grade rankings talking about the #1 player in the state who was ranked #40 in America. Kid was a good high school player but from day 1 you could tell what a joke those rankings were.

There was a similar player who was pumped up by his parents by some type of middle school rankings. The truth was he was a year older than everyone which was why he was so much better in 8th grade. Ended up at a CCL school and had a solid high school career but that was it. Pretty much stopped growing though by the time he hit high school.

Reactions: ClownBaby
I always thought Pop Warner was unfair as a kid. I wanted to play bad in Joliet but by age 12 I was already too big (5'10" 205 lbs) and only got bigger the next 2 years.

I googled Pop Warner now and it looks like they have an Unlimited Division, but that wasn't available in Joliet in the mid-1970s.

Today I understand the size limitations but I wasn't very happy about it as a 12-14 yr old. :( But I did enjoy whooping the asses of the kids who thought they were Pop Warner studs my freshmen year at JCHS/JCA. :D

It took me a few hours to remember the web site that the guy was touting. It was Youth1.com. It is a pay to play website from what I can decipher.
https://youth1.com/rankings/football/elite-101/2017

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
The messed up thing is Hickey’s youngest boy is a top-rated Sophomore (next year) at SLU High.

He’s a receiver and DB. I asked Hick if he ever caught a pass at Althoff - not once. We played during the Power I days of Glenn Schott.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT