ADVERTISEMENT

Phillips - What would their record be if....

sixersball

Nov 18, 2004
What if they played Rochesters schedule? Would they make the playoffs? Would they still make it to Champaign if they had to go through the tougher Southern Bracket (a Northern Bracket team hasn't won since 2007)?

See how dumb all this is? Give teams credit for what they accomplished, and stop with all this "what if" bs

This post was edited on 12/2 9:41 AM by sixersball

Originally posted by sixersball:
What if they played Rochesters schedule? Would they make the playoffs? Would they still make it to Champaign if they had to go through the tougher Southern Bracket (a Northern Bracket team hasn't won since 2007)?

See how dumb all this is? Give teams credit for what they accomplished, and stop with all this "what if" bs

A standing ovation for you Sixers!

I too, think that is all so silly...juvenile really. "What if" is for kids when used in this context. I have a real problem with some who come here and say team A "would" beat team B etc,. How in hell could they possibly know unless team A plays team B? Then they say, team A beat team B, so team B would beat team C. Really?

I realize some of you guys are suffereng from post season depression and withdrawl, but get a grip and spend some more time talking about issues in the real world. The real world of football anyway.

Originally posted by Dr. Mirakle:

Originally posted by sixersball:

A standing ovation for you Sixers!

I too, think that is all so silly...juvenile really. "What if" is for kids when used in this context. I have a real problem with some who come here and say team A "would" beat team B etc,. How in hell could they possibly know unless team A plays team B? Then they say, team A beat team B, so team B would beat team C. Really?

I realize some of you guys are suffereng from post season depression and withdrawl, but get a grip and spend some more time talking about issues in the real world. The real world of football anyway.
But isn't that the whole point of message boards like this? To kick around hypothetical situations. I really don't see the harm in asking the question. I find it interesting to hear what different people have to say on the matter.

Originally posted by USD24:

But isn't that the whole point of message boards like this? To kick around hypothetical situations. I really don't see the harm in asking the question. I find it interesting to hear what different people have to say on the matter.
The timing of the question, and the fact that it was basically posed just a little differently in two different threads by a fan of a school that lost to SHG in the title game for the second consecutive year, smacks of sour grapes at worst and detracting from SHG's extraordinary season at best.

When Montini was winning all those titles, Montini fans and others (myself included) were happy to talk about how Montini's tough schedule prepared them well for their title runs. When a southern bracket team like SHG wins two straight 5A titles, some of these same people are dancing around the idea that somehow that team had an easier run to their titles because they didn't have to face such tough regular and post season competition. Sorry, but that doesn't pass the smell test.

Originally posted by ramblinman:

The timing of the question, and the fact that it was basically posed just a little differently in two different threads by a fan of a school that lost to SHG in the title game for the second consecutive year, smacks of sour grapes at worst and detracting from SHG's extraordinary season at best.

When Montini was winning all those titles, Montini fans and others (myself included) were happy to talk about how Montini's tough schedule prepared them well for their title runs. When a southern bracket team like SHG wins two straight 5A titles, some of these same people are dancing around the idea that somehow that team had an easier run to their titles because they didn't have to face such tough regular and post season competition. Sorry, but that doesn't pass the smell test.
Very well said and very true. A team from south of I-80 beats a team from north of I-80 and you get this from some up north.

I don't recall anyone from JCA asking how Montini would do if they played their schedule when Montini was beating JCA.

I wouldn't see SHG losing many games no matter their schedule this year. Very fun team to play against... no matter the outcome. THEY WON and deserve the respect and admiration of THIS Montini fan. For whatever the hell that's worth.

Emillika,

I have not forgotten about your IMG question but have gotten very little in addition to what I had. I will see some of those coaches face to face at Christmas and will try to get more then.

Tyler had a great game Saturday, was enjoyable to watch him play.

Come on ramblr, lighten up.

No worries! Thanks, they laid it all on the line and got back to state where not many thought they'd be this year.

Within days most of the kids where back in training... Great dedication and focus pays off year after year.

Congrats to Naz on a tremendous season!

Originally posted by JCHILLTOPPERS:

Come on ramblr, lighten up.
This is my lighter side.

In the past, I've been pretty critical of southern schools, and the IHSA penchant for geographic representation in the semifinal and final games. Do you recall my Edwardsville rant last summer?

Regarding SHG and their schedule, I just felt like this seemed more like a case of soothing a bruised ego than of a hypothetical question posed out of genuine curiosity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT