ADVERTISEMENT

Per Tim Racki....

That’s what all the college coaches say before they walk out of a meeting with a multi million dollar contract and a suitcase full of cash and leave your school looking for a new coach!!

Good thing this is only High School Football.

I mean what else do you want......seriously

Nothing. Just pointing out the huge difference between College and High School. You can believe what Racki is saying BEACUSE it’s high school and there is NOT multiple millions involved. It’s a purer game at the high school level in my opinion.

HEnce my statement “good thing this is High School Football”.

“I hear rumors about me it seems at the same time every year. I’m not going anywhere I love or here. I have a son who’s a freshman who loves it here.”

Last edited:
I’m not sure I would if I was run out like he was.

Was at the ESCC all-conference banquet. He gave a very classy speech.

Only heard him speak 3 times. ESCC banquet last year (after tough season), ESCC this year and then the first time, when at the end of the Freshman game in 2014 after the catastrophic injury to the Benet player in the Varsity game the night before. At the end of the Freshman game, he gathered all the players for BOTH teams at center of field, spoke about injuries and the randomness that they can happen and led a prayer by both teams.

Both of the ESCC banquets speeches focused on his players, not him.

Quality guy.

Was at the ESCC all-conference banquet. He gave a very classy speech.

Only heard him speak 3 times. ESCC banquet last year (after tough season), ESCC this year and then the first time, when at the end of the Freshman game in 2014 after the catastrophic injury to the Benet player in the Varsity game the night before. At the end of the Freshman game, he gathered all the players for BOTH teams at center of field, spoke about injuries and the randomness that they can happen and led a prayer by both teams.

Both of the ESCC banquets speeches focused on his players, not him.

Quality guy.
It sounds to me like Coach Bitto did it right and his priorities were, in my opinion, in order! 1st, the kids came first(FAMILY)! 2nd the LOYALTY to the school, how many years has he been there? 3rd, then and only then, himself!

Last edited:
Reactions: lkhammer57
'How many years?' Started coaching in the Fall of 1985. He had nine siblings go through Carmel at one point. His parents worked hard to provide them all a Carmel education.

Tragedy struck when his sister was killed in a car accident. Carmel Catholic helped him cope and heal, and he knew he wanted to come back 'home' to work/coach/teach there.

Quality guy for sure regardless of his recent record.

Reactions: Snetsrak61
'How many years?' Started coaching in the Fall of 1985. He had nine siblings go through Carmel at one point. His parents worked hard to provide them all a Carmel education.

Tragedy struck when his sister was killed in a car accident. Carmel Catholic helped him cope and heal, and he knew he wanted to come back 'home' to work/coach/teach there.

Quality guy for sure regardless of his recent record.
Its to bad for him as a coach. I believe that the program now has the nucleas to be real good. You could see the progression this year. They will be good next year. The one good thing is that I believe he is still the AD and should have a role in picking his successor!

Yes he is still AD, weird situation. Would love to hear the true story on this whole thing. Could he re-hire himself since he's AD?

Yes he is still AD, weird situation. Would love to hear the true story on this whole thing. Could he re-hire himself since he's AD?
The hire would probably have to be approved by the board.

He has no input in the football program and no input in selecting the next football coach, from what I am hearing.

He has no input in the football program and no input in selecting the next football coach, from what I am hearing.

I am not familiar with how most schools hire head coaches, but isn't it odd that the AD would not be involved in the hiring of a head coach for any of the athletic programs? That would be like the English Department Head having no input on what English teachers are hired.

I am not familiar with how most schools hire head coaches, but isn't it odd that the AD would not be involved in the hiring of a head coach for any of the athletic programs? That would be like the English Department Head having no input on what English teachers are hired.
I heard just football and I agree with you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT