ADVERTISEMENT

PC at St Laurence

emdee91

Gold Member
May 26, 2015
Braidwood
Don’t know what to make of this game, I don’t know anything about Laurence. Any experts on this?

Also, never been to St Laurence, do y’all have a tailgate area, parking, etc?

Last edited:
A lot of their lots will be opened but it's a little trek to the visitor stands once the couple hundred spots are taken right next to the football field. Visitor stands are on the smallish side. Had a visitor concession stand at SR game which was nice because main concession area was crowded. Can't comment on tailgating since I'm a Rita guy so don't know StL's policies and of course the IHSA frowns upon it but creative fans can get creative.
You'll probably come in off 55 and 79th st. Plenty of eating spots around 79th and Harlem but can't tell you the good ones anymore. Might want to google eats around Toyota Park.
Solid team with great back. Good fans. Good PA announcer. Bottle up Clinton and you should go home winners but easier said than done.

Last edited:
Reactions: superac777
First it's St. Laurence. Not a major mistake. Just a friendly FYI. A lot of their lots will be opened but it's a little trek to the visitor stands once the couple hundred spots are taken right next to the football field. Visitor stands are on the smallish side. Had a visitor concession stand at SR game which was nice because main concession area was crowded. Can't comment on tailgating since I'm a Rita guy so don't know StL's policies and of course the IHSA frowns upon it but creative fans can get creative.
You'll probably come in off 55 and 79th st. Plenty of eating spots around 79th and Harlem but can't tell you the good ones anymore. Might want to google eats around Toyota Park.
Solid team with great back. Good fans. Good PA announcer. Bottle up Clinton and you should go home winners but easier said than done.
Pepe's is good(Cicero Ave),Kojacks(down the street from St.Laurence) and they have Nick's BBQ and Chuck's BBQ(Both In between Harlem and the school which is off Central) which has been on national tv among other places.Dukes Drive In on Harlem and Geo's Gyros right off Harlem are good places.Uncle Sam's on Cicero is good too.Durbin's after the game near St.Laurence is good too.Pizza and Italian Beef.I'm from Burbank so glad to help

Pepe's is good(Cicero Ave),Kojacks(down the street from St.Laurence) and they have Nick's BBQ and Chuck's BBQ(Both In between Harlem and the school which is off Central) which has been on national tv among other places.Dukes Drive In on Harlem and Geo's Gyros right off Harlem are good places.Uncle Sam's on Cicero is good too.Durbin's after the game near St.Laurence is good too.Pizza and Italian Beef.I'm from Burbank so glad to help
Yep. You're right. Those places got a lot of my money. Thanks for the gastrointestinal trip down memory lane.

First it's St. Laurence. Not a major mistake. Just a friendly FYI. A lot of their lots will be opened but it's a little trek to the visitor stands once the couple hundred spots are taken right next to the football field. Visitor stands are on the smallish side. Had a visitor concession stand at SR game which was nice because main concession area was crowded. Can't comment on tailgating since I'm a Rita guy so don't know StL's policies and of course the IHSA frowns upon it but creative fans can get creative.
I’m sorry, but isn’t it St. Rita?

Reactions: RockSoup
Yep. You're right. Those places got a lot of my money. Thanks for the gastrointestinal trip down memory lane.
I was nice & left out White Castle on Harlem lol.I'm still sad Capri on 87th is gone.My Uncle owned it.Great guy, worker and pizza/food.Also Danny's Deli & Geno's Pizza are missed too.Had the best sandwiches ever and best pizza like Capri at Geno's.Jr's closed in Burbank too :( With only 2 teams I guess playing in the Catholic playoffs if Larry gets beat they play the winner? Surely they won't give a bye to the Fenwick/Iggy winner

Don’t know what to make of this game, I don’t know anything about Lawrence. Any experts on this?

Also, never been to St Lawrence, do y’all have a tailgate area, parking, etc?
They are hard to figure out. They took Rita to the Edge then they lost to Ignatius, in fact they got their ass kicked by Iggy. Extremely fast RB, over 2,000 yards rushing. Their line is very small, PC should be able to push them around both ways. If they shut down the run game and force them to pass, it's PC in a blowout.

They are hard to figure out. They took Rita to the Edge then they lost to Ignatius, in fact they got their ass kicked by Iggy. Extremely fast RB, over 2,000 yards rushing. Their line is very small, PC should be able to push them around both ways. If they shut down the run game and force them to pass, it's PC in a blowout.
Nothing against PC but love to see Vikings win

I was nice & left out White Castle on Harlem lol.I'm still sad Capri on 87th is gone.My Uncle owned it.Great guy, worker and pizza/food.Also Danny's Deli & Geno's Pizza are missed too.Had the best sandwiches ever and best pizza like Capri at Geno's.Jr's closed in Burbank too :( With only 2 teams I guess playing in the Catholic playoffs if Larry gets beat they play the winner? Surely they won't give a bye to the Fenwick/Iggy winner
After two rounds in state, I don't think your eligible for prep bowl playoffs at least that's the way it was. Got friends from both schools. Not picking a winner.

In that direction, I'd recommend Los Comales at 79th and Cicero.
Or save your appetite and head over to Grand Dukes at 63rd and Harlem. You'll thank me later.

Chuck's is where it's at. On Saturdays, the have a cochinita pibil special that is out of this world. Slow roasted pork shoulder cooked in a banana leaf. Yum! Tailgating will be a no go. The former Queen of Peace lot is fenced off, and your other lots are either school or Burbank municipal related. I'm guessing you won't be able to tailgate at either one. Pregame at Chuck's is good though (they have a pretty large bar attached), and the food is fantastic.

Billy Boy's right on 95th and Ridgeland. Across the street from Tilted Kilt...

IXO1obx.jpg

PC big in this one.

As far as the game goes, Laurence had the penalty bug this week, too. Their lines hung with Rita pretty well on both sides. They only gave up 24 (with one TD coming on a VERY short field), and were ripping off 8-10 yards per carry on a couple of first half drives. RB28 was out for most of the 4th quarter with injury, StL was leading 13-10 at the time, and had the ball at the start of that quarter. That's when they committed that TO that changed the game. I'd be shocked if it were more than a one possession game either way.

Providence should watch the Benet film and replicate. My guess is you match Benet's size and can impose your will on the Vikings. Their speed will probably create a couple of scores, but they will have trouble stopping the Celtic offense. That was way back in week one, but probably still a winning formula.

Chuck's is where it's at. On Saturdays, the have a cochinita pibil special that is out of this world. Slow roasted pork shoulder cooked in a banana leaf. Yum! Tailgating will be a no go. The former Queen of Peace lot is fenced off, and your other lots are either school or Burbank municipal related. I'm guessing you won't be able to tailgate at either one. Pregame at Chuck's is good though (they have a pretty large bar attached), and the food is fantastic.
Chucks hands down. Not even up for debate.

Reactions: RockSoup
Any YouTube videos this year of the Hoops coach leading chants of "We want xxxxx" this year?

As far as the game goes, Laurence had the penalty bug this week, too. Their lines hung with Rita pretty well on both sides. They only gave up 24 (with one TD coming on a VERY short field), and were ripping off 8-10 yards per carry on a couple of first half drives. RB28 was out for most of the 4th quarter with injury, StL was leading 13-10 at the time, and had the ball at the start of that quarter. That's when they committed that TO that changed the game. I'd be shocked if it were more than a one possession game either way.

While Clinton is indeed a ton, St. Laurence is going to need someone else to step up offensively to take some pressure off of him. Providence seems to be very good defensively and most assuredly will be keying on StL's top weapon. Not really sure what the prospects are regarding the Vikings' D against the Celtics' O.

Don’t know what to make of this game, I don’t know anything about Lawrence. Any experts on this?

Also, never been to St Lawrence, do y’all have a tailgate area, parking, etc?

We went to Durbins for tailgating prior to our game, good dive bar with good pizza, and get this 50¢ Miller Lite bottles (buckets) the Friday night we were there. It is about 1/2 mile from St. L.

Parking is not impossible, just might have to walk from municipal/businesses across the street.

Visitor stands were tough. Not much room over on that side of the field between the field and property line so stands were small and narrow, meaning there is not a walkway at the bottom, you step over first row fans legs to walk to the other end.

As to the play, which was first week, their line is not overly big and their offense got bogged down when unable to run the ball. Then again that could have just been first game jitters/settling in. The game got away from them, then just snow balled. Since then it looks like they have had some great results, so must have corrected some of it.

As a favor, is there any chance the original poster could spell check St. Laurence in the title? Thanks in advance.

Providence 35 - St. Ignatius 6

St. Ignatius 28 - St. Laurence 13

Does it mean anything?

StL is such a huge wild card. I have not seen them in person. I have to think they show up at home though. I saw PC week 9 at MC and round 1 at Richards. Defense a little suspect. Vs Richards they allowed Castro to throw for some yards employing a bend but don't break philosophy. He missed on just enough throws on key downs and PC won rather easily. They didn't allow the big play. Big question for me is can StL defense slow down PC at all. I would think PC wins something like 35-20, 42-28 but who knows.

Last edited:
Providence 35 - St. Ignatius 6

St. Ignatius 28 - St. Laurence 13

Does it mean anything?
Montini 56 DLS 20
DLS 21 MC 14
MC 35 Montini 18
You never know with High School football. STL got caught looking ahead the week of Iggy and Iggy punched them in the gut. Iggy had a bigger line and they pushed STL around and controlled the clock. PC line is outstanding and should do the same. I like PC by 2, possibly 3 scores. But as said above, you never know in high school football, that's why I love it!

As a favor, is there any chance the original poster could spell check St. Laurence in the title? Thanks in advance.

Like I told someone else in another thread I posted, I have no idea on how to change it, otherwise I would for sure. No disrespect meant.

A big thank you to RockSoup and Wittymoniker1 for passing along the secret on how to change titles!! Appreciate it fellas!

Our pleasure. It was all Witty, I just knew the right man for the job. We don't ask much in return. But, if you do have another dominating defensive lineman in the family, how would he look in the red and blue?:D

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
A big thank you to RockSoup and Wittymoniker1 for passing along the secret on how to change titles!! Appreciate it fellas!

Our pleasure. It was all Witty, I just knew the right man for the job. We don't ask much in return. But, if you do have another dominating defensive lineman in the family, how would he look in the red and blue?:D

Sorry to disappoint, but he is my youngest and only boy!! However, there are a few youngins in the family about to come up through the high school levels, I’ll work on their parents lol!!

Now that the season is over though, I will share the secret.

My son went and trained with the Starts Up Front group, right next to all the Naz lineman. Enoch knows his craft, and has a true passion for teaching young lineman. I would highly recommend!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the effort!
I have plenty of Laurence friends and they all shudder when they see the "w". Emdee's one of the good guys around here so I knew he meant no harm and that it'd be an easy fix.

Reactions: emdee91
I have plenty of Laurence friends and they all shudder when they see the "w". Emdee's one of the good guys around here so I knew he meant no harm and that it'd be an easy fix.
Yeah, it drives me crazy, but I could tell that there were no bad intentions here. I hope he enjoys himself at the game (just not the final score).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT