ADVERTISEMENT

Over /under on # of games played ?

lesna

Jul 12, 2002
While I am hopeful all stay safe this year, and that we have a full season, I am optimistic as to the number of games that will actually be played this year. My over/under is currently at 3. I hope I am wrong.

Your thoughts?

While I am hopeful all stay safe this year, and that we have a full season, I am optimistic as to the number of games that will actually be played this year. My over/under is currently at 3. I hope I am wrong.

Your thoughts?
I normally hate the grammar police but I will make an exception here just to "pull your chain" a little bit.

I Nominate that paragraph as the worst use of the word "optimistic" I have ever seen. :D:D:D

Of course I'm old and somewhat senile and it it may be proper. IDK. :D

Reactions: missingwalter
Zero. JB will intervene in late July. “For the safety of our children and the great state of Illinois, I just can’t take that chance. We have made great progress and I can’t risk going backwards.”

Zero. JB will intervene in late July. “For the safety of our children and the great state of Illinois, I just can’t take that chance. We have made great progress and I can’t risk going backwards.”
Maybe even after late July. He might not want to allow too much time for the lawsuits (inevitable?) to possibly overrule his order before the 8/10 starting date.

Well then JB will show his true colors. He said decisions will be based on the data. The data is not supporting this. Under 3% positive on a rolling average and even lower fatality rate. We will have tested 15% of the entire state by the end of this week (not even counting antibody tests). Studies and data is showing Illinois is working. Going to be difficult IF the current trend continues and Illinois is at 1% positive or lower and only a few hundred in the hospital (only 304 ICU beds with Covid at the end of last week in the entire state). Personally know of senior citizens with Covid and other risks that tested positive 10 days ago and are better know or have been released from the hospital. Treatments and how this virus is being handled gets better every day. It’s going to be difficult for JB to continue all this with the way things are progressing.

Last edited:
Correct @mc140 - I'm hoping it will be treated like other illnesses. But I worry every school will go by the book of ISBE guidelines and try to shut down or quarantine every person that comes in contact with an infected person. And we all know what happens when public reporting and pressure starts mounting....everyone has to benchmark and make decisions quickly, followed by everyone else making brash decisions so that they aren't the ones not doing anything.

I wasn't at first, but by the day I'm becoming more of a fan of just putting out waivers and letting everyone sign to do what they want. At your own risk.

I'm becoming more of a fan of just putting out waivers and letting everyone sign to do what they want. At your own risk.

In Illinois a parent cannot sign away the rights of a minor child. If a child becomes involved in litigation he or she becomes a ward of the court.
In other words the waivers we have been signing allowing our kids to participate in t-ball and every other sport and activity from 5 years old forward, were not worth the paper they were written on.

Last edited:
In Illinois a parent cannot sign away the rights of a minor child. If a child becomes involved in litigation he or she becomes a ward of the court.
In other words the waivers we have been signing allowing out kids to participate in t-ball and every other sport and activity from 5 years old forward, were not worth the paper they were written on.
Yep, I always brought this up at the school/leagues I was involved with. Always ignored.

For the moment, I’m worried a spectator will get a seat at the expense of a parent who unfortunately can’t make it on time. That obviously assumes there are limitations on admission.

Reactions: Formicidae13
Correct @mc140 - I'm hoping it will be treated like other illnesses. But I worry every school will go by the book of ISBE guidelines and try to shut down or quarantine every person that comes in contact with an infected person. And we all know what happens when public reporting and pressure starts mounting....everyone has to benchmark and make decisions quickly, followed by everyone else making brash decisions so that they aren't the ones not doing anything.

I wasn't at first, but by the day I'm becoming more of a fan of just putting out waivers and letting everyone sign to do what they want. At your own risk.

Exactly, this is my point we need to learn how to live with this virus and do what we have always done with other illnesses. Data is showing it is not that different than other viruses in the same family. It amazes me at how quickly we ignore our own history. Two previous epidemic of flu viruses and no shut downs of anything. Last one in 68-69 killed an equivalent of 165,000 Americans (based on today's population) and somehow we still had football, protests and held a tiny event called Woodstock

All eyes will be on "chicken little" Fauci (has a history of doomsday predictions for many virus outbreaks that just don't come true through multiple presidential administrations), again today so we will see

I doubt that cash will be taken at the door this season and likely those that are allowed in attendance will have to pre-purchase tickets, which will be scanned off your phone when you enter.

For the moment, I’m worried a spectator will get a seat at the expense of a parent who unfortunately can’t make it on time. That obviously assumes there are limitations on admission.
This is a big issue in my mind too. Even if attendance isn’t limited, I hope we can see a lot of people step up this season to make it possible for people to follow games from home. Whether it is live-streaming, posting updates to MaxPreps, or updating on Twitter, I’d love it if every game this season was put online somehow. Because even if attendance isn’t limited, there are a lot of people who won’t be able to take the risk, like grandparents

Reactions: gags33
Exactly, this is my point we need to learn how to live with this virus and do what we have always done with other illnesses. Data is showing it is not that different than other viruses in the same family. It amazes me at how quickly we ignore our own history. Two previous epidemic of flu viruses and no shut downs of anything. Last one in 68-69 killed an equivalent of 165,000 Americans (based on today's population) and somehow we still had football, protests and held a tiny event called Woodstock

All eyes will be on "chicken little" Fauci (has a history of doomsday predictions for many virus outbreaks that just don't come true through multiple presidential administrations), again today so we will see
I have been asking from the very beginning...what if an effective vaccine is never found? Then what? It's no guarantee one will be found. And even if one is, many people won't bother to get it. And some who do, will still get the virus.

I haven't seen anyone answering my question. No one. And here is another question. What's the time limit we must wait with no vaccine before we say, to hell with it, open up? I haven't heard that question answered either.

As for Fauci, the guy enjoying his 15 minutes of fame, I have written here before. Go look up the guy's past then decide whether you trust him. I must remind everyone here. Fauci did say that masks wouldn't prove effective...till he changed his mind and said they would be effective. When he stupidly made the first statement is when I stopped listening to that clown.

LTHS, there are many who unfortunately would answer of just doing what we are doing- never opening up, never going back to sports and other things. They are that scared, and there are many who seem to be OK with shutting down forever. Those questions you pose are real and do need to be assessed soon. But in better news...IHSA master schedule was released for football. One step closer....

I have been asking from the very beginning...what if an effective vaccine is never found? Then what? It's no guarantee one will be found. And even if one is, many people won't bother to get it. And some who do, will still get the virus.
AgAg
I haven't seen anyone answering my question. No one. And here is another question. What's the time limit we must wait with no vaccine before we say, to hell with it, open up? I haven't heard that question answered either.

As for Fauci, the guy enjoying his 15 minutes of fame, I have written here before. Go look up the guy's past then decide whether you trust him. I must remind everyone here. Fauci did say that masks wouldn't prove effective...till he changed his mind and said they would be effective. When he stupidly made the first statement is when I stopped listening to that clown.

Agreed, despite all the news from a few states, this epidemic is getting very close to not even meet the standards of an epidemic by the CDC in the next week or two, if current trends continue (case count is not what the use otherwise flu would be an epidemic nearly every year it is the fatalities and hospitalization rates) It is highly probably that a vaccine is not proven to be effective or tested enough due to the lack of study participants that qualify, Europe vaccine development is running into this issue. We need to move on and do what we need to do to protect the most at risk, while the virus is around.

Very Glad that they released the master schedule on IHSA. fingers crossed.

What a joke that is! Like people who are coming and going from here to other states are going to follow that quarantine directive. She should go back to enforcing the no church rules. LOL
I think if you contract Covid-19, they can then go back and trace your movements.

I have a GA/FLA trip planned at the end of August. The boss said I'll have to quarantine then. I asked if I live in Palatine still would that be the mandate?

Made him think. So we as a company are implementing the same as Lori so it applies to everyone in the company - regardless of where they live here or our out of state offices.

Reason being is that I can't go into a deposition and say it applied only to some - and a suburbanite gets the city dwellers sick and dies.

All because Lori decreed it.

Reactions: lookoutforliam

I said early on that I wanted to know the plan if there was never a vaccine or effective treatments...at what point does herd immunity become the goal. The kids in Alabama who are having the contest to see who gets the virus first are onto something there...getter' done & over with. At some point individuals need to be able to make their own decisions...

Youth leagues have opened up. Summer camps are starting...Manteno started full football & basketball today. Kankakee has announced basketball camp...

And the southeast corner of the state, Clay County to Indiana & the Ohio River, I doubt Pritzker wants anything to do with visiting any of those courthouses...

Reactions: lookoutforliam
She can not even enforce her toothless threat to keep boats out of the "playpen" and that is a totally manageable area to control. Tough talk, but minimal follow-through we are seeing.

The playpen, as it is commonly called, is on the US Govt. navigation charts as an anchorage or place of refuge. In other words the Mayor has no jurisdiction over it. She does have jurisdiction over the harbors. Over the weekend a police boat had a camera mounted on the bow. We surmise that pictures were being taken of boats that were overcrowded. If a boat is found to be overcrowded she has the ability to kick you out of the harbor and/or fine you.

The playpen, as it is commonly called, is on the US Govt. navigation charts as an anchorage or place of refuge. In other words the Mayor has no jurisdiction over it. She does have jurisdiction over the harbors. Over the weekend a police boat had a camera mounted on the bow. We surmise that pictures were being taken of boats that were overcrowded. If a boat is found to be overcrowded she has the ability to kick you out of the harbor and/or fine you.
Kindly let us know if you learn of an instance of that enforcement happening. Thanks.

We surmise that pictures were being taken of boats that were overcrowded. If a boat is found to be overcrowded she has the ability to kick you out of the harbor and/or fine you.
A boat operating over capacity is considered a “petty offense” in Illinois. Most likely a minimal fine that must be issued by the harbor master, who is the commissioner of CDOT.

Reactions: mates1
A boat operating over capacity is considered a “petty offense” in Illinois. Most likely a minimal fine that must be issued by the harbor master, who is the commissioner of CDOT.

BOAT CAPACITY*:
Boat Length Max. Capacity (Including kids < 17 years old) Max. # of Adults
<25 feet 6 4
26-36 feet 8 6
>36 feet 10 8

ANCHORING IN SOUTH MONROE HARBOR:

• No rafting of boats will be allowed along the Chicago lakefront.
  • Anchoring will be allowed in South Monroe Harbor, but a 50’ minimum radius must be maintained between vessels.
*These policies will be enforced by the Chicago Harbors and the Chicago Police Marine Unit and failure to adhere to these practices can result in the forfeiture of your Chicago Harbors mooring assignment.
https://www.chicagoharbors.info/covid-19/

Nobody wants to get kicked out of their slip.

Nobody wants to get kicked out of their slip.

This would be something that happens if a boater has multiple infractions and a history of bad behavior, not a first time offense for simply having too many people on their boat.

And as was stated by another poster, I don’t see the Marine Unit worrying about this. if they were really going to be enforcing it they would have done that this weekend.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
This would be something that happens if a boater has multiple infractions and a history of bad behavior, not a first time offense for simply having too many people on their boat.

And as was stated by another poster, I don’t see the Marine Unit worrying about this. if they were really going to be enforcing it they would have done that this weekend.
Is there a harbor wait list still?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT