ADVERTISEMENT

Outdoor sports can hold 20% capacity

Yet another "one size fits all" policy thrown against the wall to see it if "sticks."

I'm hearing from multiple schools that even with new rules, many ADs will allow attendance nowhere near their new cap. Likely still 2 - 4 tickets per player.

Biggest issue will be how to manager entrance and exits.

I'm hearing from multiple schools that even with new rules, many ADs will allow attendance nowhere near their new cap. Likely still 2 - 4 tickets per player.

Even 4 tickets per player is much better than the original amount of spectators. Also, I don't think managing exits is going to be a problem. The technology to do this, as well as the ability to do it without using technology is plentiful.

Reactions: King MJ
Hearing some rumors about the SWSC. No away fans at all! and 20% is not a 20% of stadium but 20% of seats in the stands. So these 7-10k caps are more like 3500 to 4000. My guess is 800-1000 peeps. 400 tickets for parents, 400-600 for students and band.

Even 4 tickets per player is much better than the original amount of spectators. Also, I don't think managing exits is going to be a problem. The technology to do this, as well as the ability to do it without using technology is plentiful.

agreed it is much better than before. However, there will likely be lots of protocals in place and no walkup tickets available.

Regarding exits, the challenge is how to prevent everyone leaving at once. schools will need some type of ushers involved elminating big buildups. (obviously limited people helps plus having mostly familys who are likely waiting for player afterwords).

Concessions will be another big point of debate. obviously encouraging eating removes masks, but these are a MAJOR fundraising for most booster clubs.

agreed it is much better than before. However, there will likely be lots of protocals in place and no walkup tickets available.

Regarding exits, the challenge is how to prevent everyone leaving at once. schools will need some type of ushers involved elminating big buildups. (obviously limited people helps plus having mostly familys who are likely waiting for player afterwords).

Concessions will be another big point of debate. obviously encouraging eating removes masks, but these are a MAJOR fundraising for most booster clubs.
I really don't think any of that is going to be a problem. They will have procedures in place, they will announce those procedures both ahead of time and during the game(s). The crowds will be small and manageable. The AD's have been preparing for this.

Reactions: McCaravan
For the CCL I’d give each player a parent pass good for 2 people so parents can attend the away games, then the home team can do what they want with the remaining tickets. Home games maybe the players get a couple additional for siblings or others. With so many other sports going on and nothing at stake I don’t think the student demand will be real high.

Reactions: missingwalter
Joliet Catholic has it made at Memorial stadium!
I was thinking the same thing. If they really try to maximize capacity, they will use the 10k number. But even if they only call it 8k, that is 1600. Each player getting four is around 200. Do the same for the visitors. That’s 400. Then maybe 300 for student body. That still leaves 900 or so they could use for general admission. Set up an online sale the week before each game.

Really hoping they do because that’s a lot of revenue that they can recoup.

No visiting fans is obscene. No family member in attendance at away contests in the event of major injury? Make it happen!
Not letting visitors in is a major dick move. You have to at least let the parents in...at the absolute least the senior parents...as I posted above the Conf ADs should agree on parent passes and then the home team get the remaining availability

The whole idea of no visiting fans is ridiculous. There is going to have to be so much flexibility and accomodation thru this thing. Say, for example, a game switches venue due to covid, field conditions, etc and now your telling one of the teams they can have no fans. Heck, I'd play in 6 inches of water before giving up that home game if that's how it's gonna be with the fans and visiting teams.

Not letting visitors in is a major dick move. You have to at least let the parents in...at the absolute least the senior parents...as I posted above the Conf ADs should agree on parent passes and then the home team get the remaining availability
Well at least Mount Carmel has a home stadium. Benet and Lisle HS are being hosed by even a bigger dick move by Benedictine University. Are not allowing any spectators so Home team parents will not get to see a single game in person even with the new rule.

Reactions: Anomalyout28

Will better tha draconian policies of Benedictine U. Zero fans still. Been waiting for a year to watch a game of my kids in three different sports finally looks like I might be able to watch one it now looks like I get to keep watching a damn stream. Would be happy with 2-4 per player he gives them to whomever. Restrict entry to one gate most fields are fenced. If you leave no re-entry no one gets in to replace.

Reactions: Gene K.
What is the consequence of allowing more than 20%?

Is it the honor system on the home team to enforce it?

I know of at least one school who will not turn away any fans.

Hearing some rumors about the SWSC. No away fans at all! and 20% is not a 20% of stadium but 20% of seats in the stands. So these 7-10k caps are more like 3500 to 4000. My guess is 800-1000 peeps. 400 tickets for parents, 400-600 for students and band.
So the visitor stands are left empty or 20% filled with more home fans?

"

What is the consequence of allowing more than 20%?

Is it the honor system on the home team to enforce it?

I know of at least one school who will not turn away any fans.
I mean if you can allow 600 and 700 end up there, no way they can tell...if 2,000 show up in a 3,000 stadium then you got some explaining to do.....If it's MC vs LA or a bigger match up like that you can bet a IHSA rep will be there....if it's 2 lower profile teams then highly doubtful.

I’d be surprised if anyone has a packed house.

So many people are still afraid to go out. Certainly won’t “risk it” for a Hs football game that means nothing.

I mean if you can allow 600 and 700 end up there, no way they can tell...if 2,000 show up in a 3,000 stadium then you got some explaining to do.....If it's MC vs LA or a bigger match up like that you can bet a IHSA rep will be there....if it's 2 lower profile teams then highly doubtful.

IHSA doesn't care how many people are in the stands. Its gonna be local health departments. Which probably wont be enforced in most places. Well maybe in Chicago.

I was thinking the same thing. If they really try to maximize capacity, they will use the 10k number. But even if they only call it 8k, that is 1600. Each player getting four is around 200. Do the same for the visitors. That’s 400. Then maybe 300 for student body. That still leaves 900 or so they could use for general admission. Set up an online sale the week before each game.

Really hoping they do because that’s a lot of revenue that they can recoup.

All.... Consideration 1 definitely to the players. Would next in line be the ever faithful season ticket holders. I like that idea a lot. I'm one. (lol) Ratsy

Well at least Mount Carmel has a home stadium. Benet and Lisle HS are being hosed by even a bigger dick move by Benedictine University. Are not allowing any spectators so Home team parents will not get to see a single game in person even with the new rule.
No reason why Benet can't play games on their home field. They have a nice stadium. And they can keep the $$. They don't need IBC.

Reactions: USD24 and ClownBaby
No reason why Benet can't play games on their home field. They have a nice stadium. And they can keep the $$. They don't need IBC.
Field is fine very small stands and the removed the old crows nest last spring. So really not an option to host a football game

All we can hope for is a revision after the IDPH change last week. The decision for zero spectators at Benedictine was announced on 2/12/21, so hoping for a change as things are quite a bit different from the middle of February already

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT