ADVERTISEMENT

Numbers

Back when numbers where very high in freshmen games they played a 5th quarter to get players some game expiernce.

Back when numbers where very high in freshmen games they played a 5th quarter to get players some game expiernce.

In the ESCC, they played a 5th quarter in some of the freshmen games as recently as 5 years ago. Good chance to get everyone some playing time. Kind of a "B" game

What was Naz excuse? The 8th place team would have won that conference correct?
We sucked that game? We were using our #3 QB? No excuse. We couldn't score. Whats the purpose of the this team beat that team exercise. And yes if MCC played the full VH schedule they would've won that conference. The ESCC took its toll on them. As for the 8th place team Pats. They beat Rita who beat MC so yeah they would've done just fine with VH schedule.

5-4 Carmel Catholic gave away a game against 8-1 StC North - 1st Rd 7A in 2016 on the road.

I think I remember correctly StC N made many mistakes in their only loss to conference champion StC E.

CCHS at 5-4 threw a lot of punches. Just couldn't finish.

Pre-season numbers can be tricky. Much depends upon when the list was drawn up. I can't speak for everyone but at times when the week one game arrives they can be lower.

Having said that I came across an early which I consider to be an unofficial total. With several years of overall student (boys and girls) declining enrollment at the school I was pleasantly surprised with the SHG freshman football participation, 41 this season. Around a 20% or so increase for those gridiron warriors from last year if it is accurate. Ratsy P.S. Go Cyclones!

Last edited:
Herscher only 15, over the last 20 years have averaged around 23.. always been a small group during youth years, and then a few didn't go out on top of that,, have heard 5 of the 12 I-8 teams wont have freshman teams

What does the imagined finish of last year's ESCC teams in other conferences have to do with Freshman participation numbers?

Reactions: USD24
Football participation numbers this year for Naper North and Central (unofficially) ....

Varsity: NN 69 NC 66

Sophs: NN 34 NC 59

Frosh: NN 51 NC 45

What does the imagined finish of last year's ESCC teams in other conferences have to do with Freshman participation numbers?
Thats pretty damn good!

Long Beach Poly (a large school national Power) had less than 40 Frosh turn out this year (down from 130 Frosh just 6 years ago). They are going with a Frosh/Soph team and dumping JV. They have about 100 kids in their program spread across 4 grades (granted - they still have like 10 or 12 D1 kids so they ranked 10th in the country and that's the big difference between them and other programs with 100 kids).

Looks like Naz is Baaaaaaaack!!

TK ! You were on that 1 year hiatus like Naz.

Looks like we may have our first CPS forfeit in Uplift. Rumors are they may not field a team this season.

Don't agree. Palatine beat the hell out of ND last year and they finished 3rd in the escc. 2nd place benet squeaked by 4th place msl Hoffman. Conference champ marist lost to new trier who also got drilled by palatine. I also don't consider the msl a top conference. I'd say the msl is 7th or 8th best conference. 1-8 might all win the metro, or finish 2nd behind IC, but not many other Chicago area conferences.

Man, how did this turn into taking shots at the MSL West too? :)

67 freshmen here in PA. We started summer camps with 138 players on the Varsity roster and have it trimmed to 91 as of this mornings scrimmage. I expect to kick off on September 1st with the roster at its 85 max. This School has a male enrollment of 595 and plays in PA's 6A division being the 4th smallest 6A in the state.

ND has 44 freshman. Nephew goes there. I don't know of any program that has over 60 in the freshman program.

MCC - under 20+ Freshman - 11 Sophs - rest are Jr/Sr.
37 on the Var roster.
Pa thet ic

No JV schedule

First two games will be a big test.
Oak Creek 48-0 Wi Lutheran on 8/18/17 (41-0 at the half)
Cumberland, WI was 9-0 last year and lost to the eventual WI D1 (IL 8a) State runner up.

If they can squeak 5 wins, get by Sterling and JCA in the play-offs, Hmm.

Good Luck

I'm telling you this now. JCA will be much improved. If their o-line comes around they will put up points and have the ability to be explosive. I've seen a few practices worked with a few kids I'm very confident that they will be a 6 win team and go deep in 5A.

I'm telling you this now. JCA will be much improved. If their o-line comes around they will put up points and have the ability to be explosive. I've seen a few practices worked with a few kids I'm very confident that they will be a 6 win team and go deep in 5A.
I actually agree with you, who do you see them losing to?

Well I will admit I'm a homer. So 9-0 clearly the best team in state. I'm kidding. I think they might have a rough go of it with Marist, tough Benet team and maybe Naz. I'm interested to see what the offense will look like in a game as opposed to at practices. I think we will still see some wing-T but I could see some newer stuff that teams won't be pegging JCA to do. So a real interesting year.

Well I will admit I'm a homer. So 9-0 clearly the best team in state. I'm kidding. I think they might have a rough go of it with Marist, tough Benet team and maybe Naz. I'm interested to see what the offense will look like in a game as opposed to at practices. I think we will still see some wing-T but I could see some newer stuff that teams won't be pegging JCA to do. So a real interesting year.
Yeah should be fun to follow with a new coach, expect new wrinkles! JCA even at its worst has always played Naz tough so even if Naz is as good as they appear I expect those two to battle it out.

Do you feel Benet is the #2 team in ESCC right now? I just don't have much of a handle on them personally.

Brent #2? No I don't think. I think they could be possibly. But for right now I personally like Naz at the end of the year being the number two. With that said wouldn't be surprised if Benet was right there. I think there are about 3-4 teams that are about on par with each other. So another good year for ESCC football.

JCA will make the playoffs this year and win a round. Next year they will go deep in the playoffs

JCA will make the playoffs this year and win a round. Next year they will go deep in the playoffs

One round? Let me ask you this who will beat them in 5A? Who can you say is a good 5A team? Because I gotta tell you 5A isn't as good as it used to be.

I do agree with you that next year they will be very good. They are still going to be starting a ton of juniors and some sophomores this year.

Reactions: ses7363
One round? Let me ask you this who will beat them in 5A? Who can you say is a good 5A team? Because I gotta tell you 5A isn't as good as it used to be.

I do agree with you that next year they will be very good. They are still going to be starting a ton of juniors and some sophomores this year.
5a is the weakest I have ever seen this year, if we're going off Soucie's preseason projections.

Reactions: mylittlearcher
I think we will still see some wing-T but I could see some newer stuff that teams won't be pegging JCA to do. So a real interesting year.
This is one of the many things I'm interested in seeing about JCA this year. I expect changes from Jaws. I'm not sure how quickly he will implement them, though. I do expect to see a better conditioned team.

Reactions: Gene K.
This is one of the many things I'm interested in seeing about JCA this year. I expect changes from Jaws. I'm not sure how quickly he will implement them, though. I do expect to see a better conditioned team.

I know they had new conditioning programs at Rudys this year. So I think for sure a better condition team.

67 freshmen here in PA. We started summer camps with 138 players on the Varsity roster and have it trimmed to 91 as of this mornings scrimmage. I expect to kick off on September 1st with the roster at its 85 max. This School has a male enrollment of 595 and plays in PA's 6A division being the 4th smallest 6A in the state.
Wilson is more of a water polo school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT