ADVERTISEMENT

Numbers

Thats pretty damn good!

Long Beach Poly (a large school national Power) had less than 40 Frosh turn out this year (down from 130 Frosh just 6 years ago). They are going with a Frosh/Soph team and dumping JV. They have about 100 kids in their program spread across 4 grades (granted - they still have like 10 or 12 D1 kids so they ranked 10th in the country and that's the big difference between them and other programs with 100 kids).

Looks like Naz is Baaaaaaaack!!

Thats pretty damn good!

Long Beach Poly (a large school national Power) had less than 40 Frosh turn out this year (down from 130 Frosh just 6 years ago). They are going with a Frosh/Soph team and dumping JV. They have about 100 kids in their program spread across 4 grades (granted - they still have like 10 or 12 D1 kids so they ranked 10th in the country and that's the big difference between them and other programs with 100 kids).

Looks like Naz is Baaaaaaaack!!
Huh? Wasnt aware they went anywhere. They have been loaded with talent lately

FYI - 1 thru 8 in the ESCC would win lots of conferences.

Which ones?

I don't see the 7 or 8 team from the ESCC winning the DVC, Southwest Suburban, West Suburban, Mid suburban, SouthWest Prarie ((Oswegos) etc. etc.

As usual, most CPS schools have horrible numbers. Unfortunately I see a couple forfeits next weekend.

Which ones?

I don't see the 7 or 8 team from the ESCC winning the DVC, Southwest Suburban, West Suburban, Mid suburban, SouthWest Prarie ((Oswegos) etc. etc.

7-8 is a stretch perhaps 1-4 would win a lot of conferences. But this year will be a good year to watch. I think the ESCC could put three to four teams in deep play off runs.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
FYI - 1 thru 8 in the ESCC would win lots of conferences.

I don't think he's talking about any of the big conferences, some people need to chill! Conferences like the Metro Suburban etc. St Joe's won a conference because they beat two teams (Leo and DePaul).

i might disagree.

"4 out of 5 dentists agree" ....Theres always that 5th dentist out there that disagrees with the cavity protection study.

Hell you could be right, the 8th place team might win one of those conferences in some alternate universe in a bad episode of The ill fated Sliders TV show.

I wish I could find that meme on the 5th dentist and post it. i will try and find it tomorrow.

I don't think he's talking about any of the big conferences, some people need to chill! Conferences like the Metro Suburban etc. St Joe's won a conference because they beat two teams (Leo and DePaul).

I promise to never stir up the Naz Posse and ESCC posse again. Hell all I said was Naz is back (back at the top) and the vitriol rolls that they never left the top tier of the ESCC and their 7th and 8th place teams would win conference titles elsewhere. And I guess I should not have been curious as to which conferences they would win?

I am now a true believer. In fact how about all ESCC teams would win conference championships in other conferences. All hail ESCC!! Everyone happy now? Lol o_O

Reactions: Gene K.
I promise to never stir up the Naz Posse and ESCC posse again. Hell all I said was Naz is back (back at the top) and the vitriol rolls that they never left the top tier of the ESCC and their 7th and 8th place teams would win conference titles elsewhere. And I guess I should not have been curious as to which conferences they would win?

I am now a true believer. In fact how about all ESCC teams would win conference championships in other conferences. All hail ESCC!! Everyone happy now? Lol o_O

i just want JCA to win another title, damn it.

Reactions: Gene K.

Oh geez don't play the victim card like someone's fighting with you.

7-8 is a stretch perhaps 1-4 would win a lot of conferences. But this year will be a good year to watch. I think the ESCC could put three to four teams in deep play off runs.
Don't agree. Palatine beat the hell out of ND last year and they finished 3rd in the escc. 2nd place benet squeaked by 4th place msl Hoffman. Conference champ marist lost to new trier who also got drilled by palatine. I also don't consider the msl a top conference. I'd say the msl is 7th or 8th best conference. 1-8 might all win the metro, or finish 2nd behind IC, but not many other Chicago area conferences.

Libertyville freshmen numbers are up from last year (mid-30's) to low 40's this year, so far.

Hold on, Voodoo. There is only one posse....the one and only Insane Naz Posse. Although they've suffered some key losses, I have faith that it will return to its former glory and ride again. :cool:

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
So St. Pats was #8, They beat playoff qualifier Rita. I think outside of the top 6-7 conferences they are #1-2 most others? And I hate Pat's but I think you're mistaken. I'd even take a 1 win JCA team in any conference their size. I know the ESCC was down last year but there is still good football top to bottom.

Reactions: JCHILLTOPPERS
Hold on, Voodoo. There is only one posse....the one and only Insane Naz Posse. Although they've suffered some key losses, I have faith that it will return to its former glory and ride again. :cool:

The one, true ICP is in Elmhurst.
See you at the next Gathering.

So St. Pats was #8, They beat playoff qualifier Rita. I think outside of the top 6-7 conferences they are #1-2 most others? And I hate Pat's but I think you're mistaken. I'd even take a 1 win JCA team in any conference their size. I know the ESCC was down last year but there is still good football top to bottom.
I agree. The ESCC from top to bottom is very tough week to week. There are no more gimme wins like a lot of other conferences who are very top heavy from 1 to 3.

They are drinking some serious preseason koolaid that is for sure.

I would not take the 7 or 8 team in the DVC or any other major conference to win a conference title in "A lot" of other conferences. Playoff spot? For sure! Conference champs? No way...

ESCC must be stacked this year! I guess we will see in due time. I do like Marist to run the table in the ESCC and they should be one of the big time contenders for semi's and state title.

Last year Vernon Hills defeated both Naz and Marian Central on their way to a title game appearance. Vernon Hills was third in a weak conference and lost to 4-5 Maine West.

I like I'm assuming all of you want high numbers. I miss the days and they weren't that long ago that JCA and most schools had just an abundance of kids coming out. Switching gears a little bit do FRosh games still do the 5th quater?

Last year Vernon Hills defeated both Naz and Marian Central on their way to a title game appearance. Vernon Hills was third in a weak conference and lost to 4-5 Maine West.
you realize MCC had to play their freshman QB that game.

I like I'm assuming all of you want high numbers. I miss the days and they weren't that long ago that JCA and most schools had just an abundance of kids coming out. Switching gears a little bit do FRosh games still do the 5th quater?
Just think of it as a varsity squad if you get 2 classes in a row of 39 you have 70-80 on varsity due to attrition. That's a healthy sqauad. What's a 5th quarter. Never heard of it so I doubt it happens anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT