ADVERTISEMENT

No senior season - but played college football

Sparty Jones

Oct 28, 2004
I was wondering how often this has happened. My son tore his ACL in his first basketball game junior year. Wasn’t cleared to play until a year later in November so he missed his whole senior football season. He ended up playing football all four years at DePauw.

I’m not bragging about it, but I was just curious if you know anyone else who wasn’t able to play senior year but ended up playing in college.

Reactions: MS4EVER and mmca
Happened to my college roommate. He got a ton of playing time as true freshman and started the next 3 years.

I was wondering how often this has happened. My son tore his ACL in his first basketball game junior year. Wasn’t cleared to play until a year later in November so he missed his whole senior football season. He ended up playing football all four years at DePauw.

I’m not bragging about it, but I was just curious if you know anyone else who wasn’t able to play senior year but ended up playing in college.
Yeah it happens pretty much every year but it's a very small number....one of the biggest reasons I still hold a Senior Showcase despite the limited opportunities out there is for kids in this scenario....

Reactions: Gene K.

Go Tigers!!!!!

Reactions: Sparty Jones
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT