ADVERTISEMENT

NND @ Willowbrook

stl705

May 9, 2006
7-0 NND.. 1st possession D stop by NND followed by failed punt and ensuing TD. Next drive an illegal motion called back TD for WB. 7:30 left in 1st.

7-0 NND.. 1st possession D stop by NND followed by failed punt and ensuing TD. Next drive an illegal motion called back TD for WB. 7:30 left in 1st.

Dons up 14-0 at half. Game getting a bit chippy. Very large ND contingent (sea of Green in the visitor stands) here in Villa Park. ND defense looks stout as ever.

Dons up 14-0 at half. Game getting a bit chippy. Very large ND contingent (sea of Green in the visitor stands) here in Villa Park. ND defense looks stout as ever.
NND DL the best unit on field - pretty sure WB’s Punter leads the team in rush yards by like 10. WB defense playing well too but haven’t been able to do anything on O.

Reactions: WBWarriorWatcher
Nothing against Willowbrook, but I'd like to see the Dons have a good year.

Gotta think Coach Henn is in his last few years at ND (just speculation, no inside knowledge). Would be good to see him have another deep run.

The Dons of Notre Dame win 28-0. Very nice win. Despite some chippy behavior on the field, I had a nice time in Villa Park. Fans were friendly. Left a few minutes early and got home quickly. On to the Shamrocks.

Well that was deflating. The Dons controlled the clock and the defense was sharp. Big and tough like was expected. Did not expect 4 turnovers out of the Willowbrook O. Lots of young players out there that looked a little lost.
Oh well. On to DGN. Hoping that WB does their usual steady improvement through the season.

Turnovers hurt the Warriors. Palicki is the real deal and I expect him to rebound and have a great season. Tumilty is a good player on both sides of the ball. ND controlled the line on offense and defense. I was very impressed by ND’s secondary they played very well against a really good QB with 2 picks. If this unit can continue to improve the Dons will be a good team. Time to renew the old Rock rivalry. I’m already looking forward to next Friday. Go Dons!!

Only 4 returning starters on offense, and it showed. Mistakes, mental and physical cost them. Palicki had no time, so I don’t put it on him. The line play on both sides for ND was dominant, giving them the open spaces on offense to make plays.

Knowing WB, they will improve over the season. Tough game in week 2, hope there is improvement over week 1.

Reactions: eireog
Only 4 returning starters on offense, and it showed. Mistakes, mental and physical cost them. Palicki had no time, so I don’t put it on him. The line play on both sides for ND was dominant, giving them the open spaces on offense to make plays.

Knowing WB, they will improve over the season. Tough game in week 2, hope there is improvement over week 1.
I’m glad we played them week 1 rather than week 9.

Reactions: WBWarriorWatcher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT