ADVERTISEMENT

ND - 15 Willowbrook - 12 FINAL

ESCC fan

Nov 15, 2003
That was one of the more fun games I've seen in Niles in a while.

For the first three quarters, it really looked like the Warriors were going to get revenge for the Dons shutting them out @Willowbrook in last year's opener. Willowbrook took a 6-0 lead after a good read and jump by a defender for a pick-6 on an ND screen. Defenses were both playing really strong. The Dons offense was fairly lifeless. A few nice throws by Palicki finally broke the Warrior offense through and they took a 12-0 lead.

It was 12-0 Willowbrook going into the 4th. Then a double pass trick play by ND for a TD early in the 4th opened things up. It seemed like after that play (and a few other nice pass plays), the Don offensive line starting getting a great push off the line and the running game just picked up chunk play after chunk play for another Don TD with a few minutes left in the 4th to take a 15-12 lead. Willowbrook threatened with a nice drive but ultimately fell short.

Was really impressed with Willowbrook QB, Arthur Palicki. Has good size, vision and speed. He made some VERY nice throws. One was a perfect 30+ yard pass down the sideline that would have been a beautiful TD but went right through his WR's hands. He also had what I thought was a game-winning 30 yard TD pass that was an absolute dart, but I think a Don defender got his hand in there. Excited to see where he ends up.

Onward to the Shamrocks next week.

Thought the spread on this game from the Gambletron was ridiculous. It was my lock of the week!

Reactions: eireog
ND started a soph. QB tonight, I thought he started well but he got hit a couple times and may have got banged up a bit. The pick six was obviously a tough way to start for the young man but Leo Fraterrigo , a senior , relieved him and led the Dons back. As usual the Dons want to grind it out behind a big offensive line, that returns 3 starters, and play defense. The defense played well, they held a dangerous QB to 6 points.

Willowbrook QB Palicki is really good. If his receivers held onto some balls I think this game may have been a blowout. He throws a great ball and can put his head down and run hard as well, very impressive. I thought the Willowbrook defense played well all night. 12 ,their DE , with the pick six played exceptionally well too. He brought a lot of pressure and made a great play on the ball for the interception.

So as ESCC fan said it’s on to the evil empire on Belmont now, vile weeds. It’s always great playing the Shamrocks I love the rivalry. Hopefully we can get another win at Triton next week. Go Dons!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT