ADVERTISEMENT

NFHS question

MC63

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Lake County
1. Is an NFHS streamcast likely to be any better through Facebook than their website? No difference? (For some reason, I am more likely to pick up a game on my IPad than my laptop.)

2. Both MC and GN will be streaming the game Saturday. Seeing that the transmission site is the same for both, is it likely that one stream could be superior to the other? I tried to tell the difference on a game earlier in the season, but it took so long to get from one to the other that I really couldn't tell. Then, both went dead.

Thank you, boys.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it will be streamed Live through both places. I believe if NFHS has a Playoff Game there is No Live stream anywhere else.

NFHS has been good so far in the playoffs.

The streaming rules via IHSA are different in the Playoffs, more exclusive.

I'm nbrot 100% sure but I don't think it will be streamed Live through both places. I believe if NFHS has a Playoff Game there is No Live stream anywhere else.

The MC Facebook page says the game will be streamed. I went to the NFHS site, and it had links to both schools coverage,

The MC Facebook page says the game will be streamed. I went to the NFHS site, and it had links to both schools coverage,
Yeah I wasn't 100% sure. All my info comes from the guy who does JCA video streaming on Facebook and I thought he said that if NFHS decides to cover the playoff game that he would not be able to stream on Facebook even if he paid the IHSA for streaming rights (which is about $350-400).

But he could make it available as a Delayed Broadcast. (Not sure if that cost $$ for playoff games.)

Oh BTW the JCA vs Mt Zion game was not picked up by NFHS and JCA will be streaming it via Facebook.

I am not sure of the cost to the IHSA, probably about $250-300, but feel free to make a contribution if you wish, if you watch the game. ;)

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it will be streamed Live through both places. I believe if NFHS has a Playoff Game there is No Live stream anywhere else.

Those Hinsdale Central broadcasters were a little rough though.

Those Hinsdale Central broadcasters were a little rough though.
After the experiences I had with NFHS during the regular season I will NEVER complain about the announcers as long as I get a decent video stream.

I'll take good video and bad announcers every day of the week and twice on Saturday. :)

Reactions: Gene K.
After the experiences I had with NFHS during the regular season I will NEVER complain about the announcers as long as I get a decent video stream.

I'll take good video and bad announcers every day of the week and twice on Saturday. :)
I won't disagree and I know they were HS kids, but it was rough. That being said, it was certainly better than a motion sensored camera behind a wet window.

Reactions: Gene K.

In playoffs, NFHS has first rights to broadcast, but they can't always get crews to everything. If both schools are NFHS schools, you might see options for both streams. If a school as a student run video program because of a class or club, they can also produce a stream (but it can't be adults I believe).

If NFHS doesn't cover a game, then it's open to other outlets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT