ADVERTISEMENT

Need some help

stonedlizard

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2009
Alright team it’s June…or at least I think it’s June…this pandemic timeline has thrown me for a loop. Sports seasons paused, ending, restarting, spring football, is this still the same NBA season that started in 2019?

There’s really no way to know.

What I do know though is the start of June is typically the start of summer football and the hype building for the fall. What’s the deal this year? Are we on track for a normal slate of fall football? Did spring ball tell us anything? Did seniors actually graduate? Do conferences still exist? Is privates vs publics still a thing?

Your man here needs a level set. Someone lay down the story line.

Reactions: Bowie50 and Gene K.
I think we're on a wait and see sorta thing. I'm optimistic about a normal season in the fall, but thats just me. Optimistic.

Chicago and the State of Illinois are going to stage 5 which I understand is a full reopening. If I am correct on that I believe we will have full HS football participation. This last spring HS football season was a real downer for me. HS baseball playoffs are now going on with state titles waiting for the successful teams.

Most teams are conditioning in June then are planning to open up team camps in early July....still no solid confirmation on when we will start the season but most coaches are planning on a "regular" schedule and start time...also remember IHSA cut the contact days from 25 to 20 this summer....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT