ADVERTISEMENT

NBCSC: Team of the Decade Running Backs

I’d add Matt Domer to the “next in” list, edge of top 5. Work horse on MC back to back State Championship team. Was a beast who put up huge numbers.

Reactions: EdgyTim
I’d add Matt Domer to the “next in” list, edge of top 5. Work horse on MC back to back State Championship team. Was a beast who put up huge numbers.
Domer is my MC All-Decade RB for sure. Imagine how gaudy his numbers would be in Lynch's system as well; singleback, defense spread out.

Last edited:
That list is gawdy. Brodner and Isaac were so much fun to watch...

Two RBs, with less name recognition but nevertheless elite players, were Jarvion Franklin (Andrew) and Julian Hylton (LW North). They actually faced off in a regular season game as HS seniors. Franklin starred at WMU where he is the career rushing leader at 4800+ yards. Hylton moved to defense at Illinois where he appeared in 27 games before using his last year of eligibility at SIU.

Reactions: Bwm57
Two RBs, with less name recognition but nevertheless elite players, were Jarvion Franklin (Andrew) and Julian Hylton (LW North). They actually faced off in a regular season game as HS seniors. Franklin starred at WMU where he is the career rushing leader at 4800+ yards. Hylton moved to defense at Illinois where he appeared in 27 games before using his last year of eligibility at SIU.
Both got consideration along with Kapri Bibbs (Plainfield North) among others...

Overall top ones I saw during the decade were Justin Jackson and although not from IL, were Olamide Zaccheaus (currently on Falcons) and D'Andre Swift( will be a 1st round pick out of GA) from Philly St Joe's. When Zaccheaus took one to the house v MC in '14 thought MC was going to get teeth kicked in.

As a high school player, where does Julian Love fall? RB, DB, WR, athlete? Hes got to be on this list somewhere. He was an absolute game changer. In the limited games I saw him play, he was unstoppable on the offensive side of the ball.

Reactions: JolietWest89
DB in my eyes....
Agreed. As good as he was on offense he was that much better on defense and tackling. His brother Mike however should be on this list as WR or Returner. More explosive at the HS level. IMO

Reactions: epicbret
Agreed. As good as he was on offense he was that much better on defense and tackling. His brother Mike however should be on this list as WR or Returner. More explosive at the HS level. IMO
This

That list is absurd.

Bibbs and Franklin are two additional names for me.

On reflection maybe that wasn't the best choice of words.
Maybe if you cannot discern which usage I am using. Should be evident for anyone reading the list with some semblance of HS football knowledge.

Maybe if you cannot discern which usage I am using. Should be evident for anyone reading the list with some semblance of HS football knowledge.
I ended up catching your drift, but it was a double take for me as well.

Since you thought enough to respond, perhaps you could take the time to let us all know what usage you are using.

absurd

Pronunciation /əbˈsərd/ /əbˈzərd/
ADJECTIVE

• 1Wildly unreasonable, illogical, or inappropriate.

‘the allegations are patently absurd’
    ‘so you think I'm a spy? How absurd!’
    ‘she was being absurd—and imagining things’

as noun the absurd ‘he had a keen eye for the incongruous and the absurd’
  • https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/absurd

Since you thought enough to respond, perhaps you could take the time to let us all know what usage you are using.

absurd

Pronunciation /əbˈsərd/ /əbˈzərd/
ADJECTIVE

• 1Wildly unreasonable, illogical, or inappropriate.

‘the allegations are patently absurd’
    ‘so you think I'm a spy? How absurd!’
    ‘she was being absurd—and imagining things’

as noun the absurd ‘he had a keen eye for the incongruous and the absurd’
  • https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/absurd
Do you even Merriam Webster?

But it's absurd as in ridiculous, which when discussing SUPERLATIVES, is a positive...

"Devin Hester you are ridiculous!"

"Deontay Wilder's power is absurd."

That game in 2013 with Hylton and Franklin was one of the best I ever saw. Hylton carries the ball 52 times and had about 325 yards and Franklin was close to those numbers too!

Reactions: epicbret
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT