ADVERTISEMENT

NBCSC: Chicagoland Player of the Year candidates

I'm biased but the way Love impacts the game us something I haven't seen in a while. IMO more dynamic than even Julian was with the ball.

Reactions: dtlove3434
I look at this the same way I look at MVP talks. Whose team would miss them the most. For me that's Nubin, Thorne, Browne, and Gavin. Their teams are significantly worse off without them.

I look at this the same way I look at MVP talks. Whose team would miss them the most. For me that's Nubin, Thorne, Browne, and Gavin. Their teams are significantly worse off without them.
IMO MVP and POTY are 2 different things

agree. value to team versus best HS talent
Agree to an extent. Whose stats are helped significantly by who is around them? Either way, I feel like it all ends up being an eyeball test anyways. I'm sure there's a kid in the smaller schools that dominates all listed in stats, but that doesn't matter because there are other factors. Either way, it's usually pretty impossible for there to be a unanimous pick.

Bean has led his team to a 13-0 record and state...you sandbagg'n son-of-a-gun!
I really wasn’t though. The stats are very close, but Markett put up bigger numbers. Nearly identical QBs who play very similar game. If anything it’s a nod to Rice’s team being slightly better than Marist. Of course I hope Bean gets it.

But like everyone else says, Love rules the day.

J.J. McCarthy will be there next year and the year after that and probably be one of the most recruited quarterbacks this state has ever seen.

CG's West is long shot but the recognition is very cool.
I agree he is a long shot but I will say he was the best lineman that I saw play this year. I saw Trevor Keegan the number one recruit in the state during ND’s playoff run and thought that Addison West was the better linemen. I know I only saw each player in one game and that certainly not a sufficient sample size. I also know that recruiting is based more on measurables than performance. Addison West was the best player on the field in the CG/ND game. Everyone knows that lineman are the smartest and best looking players on the field (my gratuitous plug for linemen) so I’ll second the nomination.

Love or Gavin. Love probably gets the nod because Gavin missed a few games. Gavin still very worthy but Love is on another level.

I think a lot could depend on this weekend. If hailey leads JC to a stunner or Nubin helps SCN pull off the upset, then I think they go from dark horses to leading contenders. If one of them has a huge game and leads a team to a title over a team with more talent, that makes a strong case for them.

I think a lot could depend on this weekend. If hailey leads JC to a stunner or Nubin helps SCN pull off the upset, then I think they go from dark horses to leading contenders. If one of them has a huge game and leads a team to a title over a team with more talent, that makes a strong case for them.

Exactly why I'm waiting on my POY and All State team...

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
Don’t think it has to be someone playing this weekend. Haven’t seen Love, but everything that has been said about him makes me believe he is the total game changer that deserves the award. Gavin missing some time hurts and he is probably the MVP as most valuable player to his team. Billingsly put his team on his back and have to give some props to LWE Baltz who delivered week after week with an enormous target on his back.
End of the day, I think Love is the winner.

Exactly why I'm waiting on my POY and All State team...
I know POY is a 14 week award, but to make it to week 14, you need to have a lot of big time players on the team. In IL HS football a great player should get his team to the playoffs and into second or third round...But the best of players with not much support will never get through a LA or Beast defense. IE Rashard Mendenhall. Edgy, have you ever locked up POY after week 9?

Reactions: Cross Bones
I'm hearing J.J isn't staying 2 more years at Naz. Heading to IMG academy in Florida . Not sure if next year or Senior year

Reactions: USD24
Offensive player of the year Payton Thorne. Defensive Player of the year Matt Lenti. I know Edgy doesn’t have him the list but he was a true leader and field General on that and had an outstanding year.

Nubin or Gavin POY!! Without them either team is in playoffs or one and done! The other candidates have better supporting cast around them!
If that is the criteria,Keenan Hailey. JCA doesn't make the playoffs, let alone title game without him.

I really wasn’t though. The stats are very close, but Markett put up bigger numbers. Nearly identical QBs who play very similar game. If anything it’s a nod to Rice’s team being slightly better than Marist. Of course I hope Bean gets it.

But like everyone else says, Love rules the day.

J.J. McCarthy will be there next year and the year after that and probably be one of the most recruited quarterbacks this state has ever seen.
Hey EPICBRET - just replying to this post . Sorry didn't know you were part of the Mccarthy family to be so sure . I guess sophmore child at Naz heard the words coming out of his mouth wrong .

so you thought this post was the right place to just slide in a rumor?

And yes, your kid doesn't listen attentively it seems.

so you thought this post was the right place to just slide in a rumor?

And yes, your kid doesn't listen attentively it seems.
My bad , thought this was exactly for this kind of stuff . Rumors , thoughts , ideas. Ok I won't post anymore . Sorry to have offended you .

My bad , thought this was exactly for this kind of stuff . Rumors , thoughts , ideas. Ok I won't post anymore . Sorry to have offended you .
You didn't offend me, you just have a lot of things clearly going over your head.

i don't think you actually have kids at Naz, but I'm glad I know I am right.
Why would I be on this site otherwise ? I'm at every home game and will be heading down to Champaign . I have a child that graduated last year and a Soph. Both my kids were / are involved in the sports program , just not football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT