ADVERTISEMENT

Nominate: Week 1 IHSA Player of the Week

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Once again I'm looking for the State Wide WWeek 1 IHSA Football player of the Week candidates. Feel free to post any name you feel is worthy and also please supply any backing information/stats etc to support your nominee. I will nominate one player from your nominee's for the Weekly Chicago Bears award.

I read that the QB Benning from Streator had 4 passing TDs, 4 rushing TDs and a pick 6. 9 TDs in a game doesn’t happen very often.
Senior quarterback Christian Benning ran the ball 19 times for 177 yards and four touchdowns, completed 13 of 23 passes for 279 yards and four touchdowns with two interceptions, either threw or ran in five successful two-point conversions and added a pick-6 defensively for good measure.

Carter Button- Morris QB. 8 of 15 passing for 216 yards and three touchdowns and also rushing touchdown.

QB Joliet Catholic Andres Munoz 8/10 114 passing, 16 rushing yds, 3 TDS 48-13W against Iowa City (7th in Iowa Div 5A rankings)

Reactions: BobloJones
JCA HJ Grisby due to his strong outing against an unknown out-of-state team with an individual stat line of 4 touchdowns.

Collin Qualls Triad - 10 att 110yds 5td
Issac Ackerman Triad - 9-11 passing 184yds 1td 8 att rushing 118yds 1td

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT