ADVERTISEMENT

NBCSC: Chicagoland Player of the Year candidates

Why would I be on this site otherwise ? I'm at every home game and will be heading down to Champaign . I have a child that graduated last year and a Soph. Both my kids were / are involved in the sports program , just not football.
to post incorrect info the day before a Championship game?

If you think posting that info, in this thread on this day, is how this site should work... Nazareth needs to start screening parents.

to post incorrect info the day before a Championship game?

If you think posting that info, in this thread on this day, is how this site should work... Nazareth needs to start screening parents.
Why should it be a big deal ? If the kid and his family are doing what's best for him . The athletic department and alumni should wish him the best. It's not like the kids on the team aren't going to do their best this weekend no matter who is QB next year . It's not like I said he is a bad kid or did something wrong . I hear he's a great kid . I'm done . Go Naz

Why should it be a big deal ? If the kid and his family are doing what's best for him . The athletic department and alumni should wish him the best. It's not like the kids on the team aren't going to do their best this weekend no matter who is QB next year . It's not like I said he is a bad kid or did something wrong . I hear he's a great kid . I'm done . Go Naz

Best thing you posted yet. Sweet.

It wouldn't shock me if it went down though. IMG loves this type of kid.

Wow you must be the Head of the Insane Naz Posse people have been talking about . Way to make a new guy feel welcome
Posting for the first time on the board is like rolling up on a blackjack table. You better know what you’re doing or you’ll get a can of whoop ass real quick from those who’ve been camping out all night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
You've been around Naz football for 5 years but just joined last week and posted the first time today???

Reactions: ThunderPapa
tumblr_muvirtVM5z1s2yegdo1_400.gif

I still don't get why you think I'm against you as we are both Naz fans?
I just stated what I heard , as this is a message board for high school football talk . Not the Trib or Sun-times where I have to verify everything . Glad that it was proven wrong but was said as the JCA guy stated.
If I have to explain why the timing and content of your post would be not necessarily pro-Naz, it's just a waste of typing.

If you are truly I Nazareth fan, welcome, but learn common sense please. Posting unsubstantiated rumors about players on social media the day before a title game is not smart, in any way shape or form. When someone says, "Hey that's not smart," maybe consider why instead of doubling down...

Again, you can post what and however you want, just expect people to call a bad post a bad post.

Offensive player of the year Payton Thorne. Defensive Player of the year Matt Lenti. I know Edgy doesn’t have him the list but he was a true leader and field General on that and had an outstanding year.
I will trade you lenti for your sophomore LB as the anchor and MVP of MC defense
But if you are throwing lenti in for DPOY
I will put Fitzgerald and Jefferson in the mix

I heard McCarthy is an outstanding hockey player. I don’t think he’d give that up for IMG.

I will trade you lenti for your sophomore LB as the anchor and MVP of MC defense
But if you are throwing lenti in for DPOY
I will put Fitzgerald and Jefferson in the mix
I definitely considered Joey Fitz. He’s had a great year and I’ve known his father since we were kids, he’s a Field General as well, but Lenti got the home team vote from me. Kennena Odeluga will get many honors the next two years, possibly both ways, so I figured I’d wait until at least his junior year.

Wow you must be the Head of the Insane Naz Posse people have been talking about . Way to make a new guy feel welcome

Stick around Jocas! Don’t let anyone run you off the boards!

I do agree that the day before the title game is not the time to bring up possible transfers though. Naz already has one distraction they are dealing with (crazy ref/dad) and probably don’t need another 24hrs before the title game.

Transfer season starts next week and runs thru first day of practice next summer! But naming specific names is usually not a good thing unless it is confirmed thru social media from the players account or families account or the regular media. Example I have heard rumors of a couple kids playing for a private school in the western burbs that might transfer back to public schools - but I would never name names for a couple reasons:
1. It might not be true.
2. Even if it was true they might change their minds (they are kids after all and change minds all the time)
3. It’s not my place to share it -

Hang tough and don’t let anyone on here push you around! You have as much right to be here as anyone else!

Have fun this weekend!!

I'm hearing J.J isn't staying 2 more years at Naz. Heading to IMG academy in Florida . Not sure if next year or Senior year

Stick around Jocas! Don’t let anyone run you off the boards!

I do agree that the day before the title game is not the time to bring up possible transfers though. Naz already has one distraction they are dealing with (crazy ref/dad) and probably don’t need another 24hrs before the title game.

Transfer season starts next week and runs thru first day of practice next summer! But naming specific names is usually not a good thing unless it is confirmed thru social media from the players account or families account or the regular media. Example I have heard rumors of a couple kids playing for a private school in the western burbs that might transfer back to public schools - but I would never name names for a couple reasons:
1. It might not be true.
2. Even if it was true they might change their minds (they are kids after all and change minds all the time)
3. It’s not my place to share it -

Hang tough and don’t let anyone on here push you around! You have as much right to be here as anyone else!

Have fun this weekend!!
Jocas 1259: When I first joined the board, I got a real ass searing from something I posted. Ticked me off but Voodoo Tatum as he did above with you let me know not to take anything as a personal attack and got some good advice which I never forgot. Welcome aboard and keep posting!

Googled it. Even that was not at all helpful, I already figured it was a special sports prep school, but nowhere can I find what IMG stands for.

Googled it. Even that was not at all helpful, I already figured it was a special sports prep school, but nowhere can I find what IMG stands for.

Who cares what it stands for.

Top 200-300 players in the country have options to focus on their sport while going to school.
Kid from MC whose at notre dame is an example.

I don’t like it becuase it loses the whole high school football feel of playing with the kids you grew up with. But also understand parents and athletes decision to do what they see is best for their kid

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT