ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts on Br. Rice

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
I firmly believe that this coming week is the most important game of the year for Rice. They are playing an incredibly well coached team in OPRF. If Rice gets past OPRF I think they'll win the whole thing. They'll walk into the championship against LWE as a huge underdog. I think they match up against LWE really well. As most people here know, I'm not a big fan of BR, but I've got to admit, they're an outstanding team this year.

I'm not just talking about their win last night (which was very impressive), I'm talking about an entire season of dominance. They've only given up 51 points this entire season.

Talk about a huge game for both head coaches and their respective programs...

Badke is now only 3-4 career in the IHSA playoffs. Only 1 quarterfinal appearance in his tenure and the round 1 loss to Fremd in 2016 will always be black mark.

Hoerster is now 3-6 and has qualified 7 of 8 seasons but has never advanced passed the second round.

Both quality coaches that have brought stability to their programs but need deep playoff runs to elevate to the next level.

This will definitely be a tightly contested game. Two good defenses and both have impressive dual-threat QBs.

November football.

Talk about a huge game for both head coaches and their respective programs...

Badke is now only 3-4 career in the IHSA playoffs. Only 1 quarterfinal appearance in his tenure and the round 1 loss to Fremd in 2016 will always be black mark.

Hoerster is now 3-6 and has qualified 7 of 8 seasons but has never advanced passed the second round.

Both quality coaches that have brought stability to their programs but need deep playoff runs to elevate to the next level.

This will definitely be a tightly contested game. Two good defenses and both have impressive dual-threat QBs.

November football.

I don't know if "stability" is the correct word for Rice. Going from 1st place in the Blue, to a 2 win season, to undefeated....is not my definition of "stability".

I don't know if "stability" is the correct word for Rice. Going from 1st place in the Blue, to a 2 win season, to undefeated....is not my definition of "stability".

Feeto, my good friend, I understand your point and I agree in that respect. I was more referring to the the health of the program in general (participation solid despite declining private school enrollment, moderate regular season success; 6-2 vs SR, did beat MC three straight at one point - I think your average BR alum would be happy about that). But any season in which 5 wins is not achieved should be considered unacceptable.

I know it’s title or bust as an MC supporter and I could only dream of having those annual aspirations. The gold standard.

Can we at least agree that BR has been a stable member of the CCL Blue? We’ve just entered into an agreement to remain in that division through the 2020 season.

Good luck next Saturday in LZ. Go CCL!

I firmly believe that this coming week is the most important game of the year for Rice. They are playing an incredibly well coached team in OPRF. If Rice gets past OPRF I think they'll win the whole thing. They'll walk into the championship against LWE as a huge underdog. I think they match up against LWE really well. As most people here know, I'm not a big fan of BR, but I've got to admit, they're an outstanding team this year.
Oh no!!!! Not Brother rice??? Please don’t pick them. What did they ever do to you 0feet0???? Looks like your next Rice. There you have it.

Feeto, my good friend, I understand your point and I agree in that respect. I was more referring to the the health of the program in general (participation solid despite declining private school enrollment, moderate regular season success; 6-2 vs SR, did beat MC three straight at one point - I think your average BR alum would be happy about that). But any season in which 5 wins is not achieved should be considered unacceptable.

I know it’s title or bust as an MC supporter and I could only dream of having those annual aspirations. The gold standard.

Can we at least agree that BR has been a stable member of the CCL Blue? We’ve just entered into an agreement to remain in that division through the 2020 season.

Good luck next Saturday in LZ. Go CCL!

Agreed. I think it's good for the league and the neighborhood when Rice has a quality team.

Why do I have a feeling this thread is going to go South and get way off topic much like “Get annoyed, Br. Rice” thread of last week?
Because that's what feeto wanted when he started this post...
It's too bad and we conniving

Because that's what feeto wanted when he started this post...
It's too bad and we conniving

Not true. I've said nothing but good things about BR. in this thread. Like it or not, I tell the truth. I know a bunch of really good hardworking kids playing at Rice, and I wish them the best. MC and BR guys taking shots at each other is fun, and expected.

Go Rice ... beat 'em all. Beat LWE before they get all those transfers next year.

ps: I like your stadium Seriously. I can see very well and you have good hot dogs. Plus, your staff people are very nice and I can park on 99th street for a quick getaway.
Their burgers are solid

No one said that other than the author of this thread.

I'll say it. The 2 most dominant teams in Illinois this year are LWE and BR. I don't see anyone who can beat "The Beast" other than Rice. I also think that if Rice gets past OPRF next week, they'll upset LWE for the 8a Title.

I'll say it. The 2 most dominant teams in Illinois this year are LWE and BR. I don't see anyone who can beat "The Beast" other than Rice. I also think that if Rice gets past OPRF next week, they'll upset LWE for the 8a Title.

So you have seen the other 14 teams left in 8a play?

Reactions: kitty_bintingot

You just managed to jinx whatever chance the Crusaders have in this thing.

A sincere good luck to the Caravan against LZ.

Reactions: McCaravan
I can't believe I'm on this board defending BR. The fact is that they and LWE are the 2 best 8a teams.

I like BR but as I said before I will root for them unless they play East. I think East is playing at a different level.
Until you play the best you don’t know what your in for and to me East seems to be playing at a different level. People you do realize they won it all last year right? They know what to expect and how to finish.

I like BR but as I said before I will root for them unless they play East. I think East is playing at a different level.
Until you play the best you don’t know what your in for and to me East seems to be playing at a different level. People you do realize they won it all last year right? They know what to expect and how to finish.
Very fair statement. It’s why teams like Maine South or Mount Carmel have three losses, yet manage to get into a championship game. It’s a state of mind. Until LW East loses, they will be one of the best of this century. And even after they lose someday, they’ll pick it up again and start a new streak. I don’t think anyone beats them this year.

Reactions: Queen4
I can't believe I'm on this board defending BR. The fact is that they and LWE are the 2 best 8a teams.
I can’t believe it either. If you were on fire like last year, we’d take it.

And for the record, I’ve always been one of your defenders. You’re one of the reasons I still come back.

Reactions: Queen4
Have you been drinking, or are you just another suburban “meat- head” who may have gotten roughed up by a Rice boy once upon a time?
Good one! Very creative. East is a better team. I’m sure you’re sitting around in your jean shorts in your mom’s garage watching “da bears” over by der. I bet you have a sweet ND calf tattoo,as well. Hang in there buddy. Things will eventually pick up for you. “CrusaderPride” an oxymoron.

Last edited:
Good one! Very creative. East is a better team.
Yes, because we all know how creative you are. Many of us have even agreed that East is the better team. But you continue to take shots just because you read some negative commentary by a few people on this board. You don’t know anything about any school outside of Loyola. Stick to that. And just so you know, I have several friends who went to Loyola and based on your geography, seem to know who you are. I’ll spare you their disparaging remarks. You should have gone to Fremd, wannabee Richy Rich.
meh. Also, I doubt you have friends.

Couldn’t disagree more with “they’ll walk through the rest of the field into the championship game” if they happen to win this weekend.

I agree that rice is in for all they can handle this weekend. If they happen to move forward to Warren or HC both teams have weapons that will give rice trouble. ( warrens 2 d lineman will be by far the best lineman they have seen to date.) To say that rice would roll over a potential rematch against Marist is also borderline ridiculous. You predicted Marist to win 38-8 or a score close to that. Marist was winning in the 4th quarter and the talent level between the 2 is very close.

(I just used marist as a reference they also have tough teams in front of them. No disrespect to NC or HF)

No one deserves to be in the same breath as LWE. Defending champs and killing every team in its path.

I do agree rices staff has done an excellent job so far this season. But as I stated preseason. Badke is currently still remembered for the palatine and fremd post season debacle.

He has a chance to make that all go away the next few weeks.

I believe he and this team has what it takes to make a far run but that continues on Saturday.

Last edited:
Reactions: crusaderpride
Good we got Back to point in the last couple posts. If I was BR - I would be solely focused on OPRF. They have an outstanding Defense and they are playing well right now. This is a very very dangerous team that they will be playing in round 2. I would not be looking past that game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT