ADVERTISEMENT

My Mount Carmel preview

For the reasons I mentioned in another post, I would not mind SR playing in the Green. That's me. I believe given a choice that TK would not go to the Green. And when they do reconvene, the CCL should combine the Blue with the Green. Here is an example of what I would love to see. After two years, switch things around.

Blue: SR-MC-LA-Fenwick-SL

Green: BR-PC-MA-Bronco-Meteor
Why would BR get dropped? I have no problem with Laurence’s program but pump the brakes, they’ve been doing damage in 5A & 6A. Little known fact, Crusaders haven’t lost a football game to the Vikings since 1993. 25 years.

Why would BR get dropped? I have no problem with Laurence’s program but pump the brakes, they’ve been doing damage in 5A & 6A. Little known fact, Crusaders haven’t lost a football game to the Vikings since 1993. 25 years.

Pump the brakes on what? It's an example; no one is being "dropped" here. Will it make it better if I switch BR and Rita. Here is the new example:

Blue: BR-MTC-LA-FW-SL

Green: SR-PC-MA-MC-DL

Let's switch the names of the division then. The fact is both divisions would be considered equal; no more dominant Blue.

Reactions: caravan8
Pump the brakes on what? It's an example; no one is being "dropped" here. Will it make it better if I switch BR and Rita. Here is the new example:

Blue: BR-MTC-LA-FW-SL

Green: SR-PC-MA-MC-DL

Let's switch the names of the division then. The fact is both divisions would be considered equal; no more dominant Blue.
Thats fine, no biggie either way, I just noticed that you put us in the green while effectively bumping MC and a school we havent lost to since '93 into the Blue. Intended or not, that is a bit of a slap in the face. I think in this instance we could name the divisions "Lenti" or "Cronin" & "Mitchell" perhaps as there would be no more true "Blue" division.

Thats fine, no biggie either way, I just noticed that you put us in the green while effectively bumping MC and a school we havent lost to since '93 into the Blue. Intended or not, that is a bit of a slap in the face. I think in this instance we could name the divisions "Lenti" or "Cronin" & "Mitchell" perhaps as there would be no more true "Blue" division.
Should MC be in the Blue? Absolutely. Is it fair criticizing MC stepping down to the Green? Absolutely. But, they are definitely an elite program. They also scheduled Maine South and will be playing Rambler. MC barely lost to an outstanding LZ team last year in the semifinals.

Awesome you are a fan of the Blue. Any views about Rita's chances this year. Always good to get another perspective.

I did not see the need to move MC out of the blue. MC is rated #25 and MCHS #24. That’s wash to me. I saw no need for the re-alignment. If it was because MC missed the playoffs one year that’s only a small hiccup in their history. If it had to be done I would have gone with lifo (last in first out). PC first then BR and so on. Not having a game with St. Rita or BR on the southwest side takes them out of the conversation in this area of the city with the exception of MC alumni. That was a disservice to them. I’ll kind of miss Carmel week

I did not see the need to move MC out of the blue. MC is rated #25 and MCHS #24. That’s wash to me. I saw no need for the re-alignment. If it was because MC missed the playoffs one year that’s only a small hiccup in their history. If it had to be done I would have gone with lifo (last in first out). PC first then BR and so on. Not having a game with St. Rita or BR on the southwest side takes them out of the conversation in this area of the city with the exception of MC alumni. That was a disservice to them. I’ll kind of miss Carmel week
I don’t know why they kept LA and PC on their schedule and not BR and SR. Unless they had prior agreements

you haven't explained then why they aren't in the CCL Blue....if they are an elite team.

Dad, you argue like a girl. You think that you're quite clever, but all you do is repeat yourself, which indicates a shortage of ideas.

Last edited:
I don’t know why they kept LA and PC on their schedule and not BR and SR. Unless they had prior agreements

I don't think that is a school call.

Also let's be honest that is a brutal crossover for the blue teams to play MC. Rice and Rita are 7/8 A and tougher playoff roads than Providence (lower class) and Loyola who I put in class all by themselves.

Reactions: Gene K.
Disabato just posted that Rita is loaded with speed / playmakers this year and kicker Gavin Mottl is clutch. Last season their 3 losses came from 6a, 7a & 8a teams playing in the final game (Providence, LZ, Loyola) and they made it to quarterfinals with backup QB who's now full year starter. My 2 cents prediction ... 8-1 or 7-2 and schedule is set up for a nice deep playoff run this year.

Last edited:
Disabato just posted that Rita is loaded with speed / playmakers this year and kicker is clutch. Last season their 3 losses came from 6a, 7a & 8a teams playing in the final game (Providence, LZ, Loyola) and they made it to quarterfinals with backup QB who's now full year starter. My 2 cents prediction ... 8-1 or 7-2 and schedule is set up for a nice deep playoff run this year.
I think Rita will be good this year but Providence didn’t play in final game. They lost in semis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT