ADVERTISEMENT

MS4EVER: St. Rita vs. Maine South . . .

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
. . . in basketball at the Hinsdale Holiday Tournament, that is.

Who wins? Game's on TR around 5:00 p.m.

Mustangs started strong this season, but overall, record is 6 - 7, I believe.

Rita wins the Hinsdale Holiday Tournament with huge wins against #12 DePaul Prep and #5 Bolingbrook. Rankings are according to Michael O'Brien's Super 25, the guru of high school basketball.

Does Rita get into the Top 25 with 9 - 7 record?

Reactions: tomloner
Rita wins the Hinsdale Holiday Tournament with huge wins against #12 DePaul Prep and #5 Bolingbrook. Rankings are according to Michael O'Brien's Super 25, the guru of high school basketball.

Not sure. Young team with only one senior that being the last of the Matthews brothers - Jordan according to the on-line roster. Some growing pains to start the year. Should be tougher come tourney time. But there are some very tough teams in their sectional. Circle Jan 30th and Feb 6th when Michigan (Chris Matthews) plays Northwestern (Vic Law).

This may be the most basketball players SR has had playing in college at one time: Chris Williams '16 (Central Connecticut), Charles Matthews '15 (Michigan), Kain Harris '15 (Kent State), Brandon McRoy '15 (Concordia College), Armani Chaney '15 (Tennessee State), Myles Carter '15 (Seattle) Vic Law '14 (Northwestern), Dominique Matthews '14 (UIC), Scott Kingsley '13 (Northeastern State University).

Witt if I missed any please let me know.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
Not sure. Young team with only one senior that being the last of the Matthews brothers - Jordan according to the on-line roster. Some growing pains to start the year. Should be tougher come tourney time. But there are some very tough teams in their sectional. Circle Jan 30th and Feb 6th when Michigan (Chris Matthews) plays Northwestern (Vic Law).

This may be the most basketball players SR has had playing in college at one time: Chris Williams '16 (Central Connecticut), Charles Matthews '15 (Michigan), Kain Harris '15 (Kent State), Brandon McRoy '15 (Concordia College), Armani Chaney '15 (Tennessee State), Myles Carter '15 (Seattle) Vic Law '14 (Northwestern), Dominique Matthews '14 (UIC), Scott Kingsley '13 (Northeastern State University).

Witt if I missed any please let me know.

I think you nailed it. Until last year, the Mustangs were always 4A and had Young-Curie-Simeon in their Segional, so that was always a brute. Last year, Cascia was in 3A, but the likes of Bogan and MoPo share the same Segionals. In the end, Rita has had some awesome teams, but will always have a helluva time just getting out of their Sectionals, as you point out. And maybe one year, they will do it.

Reactions: tomloner
Whatever they did in the 2nd half against my Raiders had to be impressive.

#15 after beating three (3) top 25 teams in a matter of a few days.
https://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.com/2017/12/31/chicago-area-high-school-basketball-rankings-2/

#10 in this poll.
http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/preps-talk/simeon-stays-no-1-latest-preps-power-rankings

Whatever they did in the 2nd half against my Raiders had to be impressive.

It could've been the coach's halftime speech or the fact your best player went down in Q1 after a 12 - 2 Bolingbrook lead. Not doubting SR, but the outcome might've been different if the Raider did not lose their PG early. But, a win is a win.

At this point, I believe the Mustangs have played or are due to play 10 of the Top 25 teams; I gotta believe SOS will benefit a team for the playoffs. They are very young, though. The roller coaster ride will continue, but it'll be fun to follow.

Reactions: RockSoup
And lo' and behold, DePaul avenges its blowout loss to Rita at the Hinsdale Tournament with a 46 - 43 victory at Rita. And the roller coaster ride continues . . . .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT