ADVERTISEMENT

Movin' on Up, Movin' on Up ......

MC has always been 4A in Baseball....BR moving to 3A? So they were Supposed to be in 2A? Impossible

Reactions: Gene K.
MC has always been 4A in Baseball....BR moving to 3A? So they were Supposed to be in 2A? Impossible
MC was going to be 3A in baseball this year because they were not being multiplied. Providence was also slotted for 3A this year

Reactions: McCaravan
MC was going to be 3A in baseball this year because they were not being multiplied. Providence was also slotted for 3A this year

They could have just stayed 3A to give StL a run for their money after their decision to stay 3A last year....I wonder if Vikings will continue to do that

They could have just stayed 3A to give StL a run for their money after their decision to stay 3A last year....I wonder if Vikings will continue to do that
Stl is 3A per the IHSA site. JCA is not multiplied this year and will be in 2A for baseball. :confused:

Disappointed JCA did not elect to move up in baseball. Do they really want to be 2A in baseball? Come on.

Stl is 3A per the IHSA site. JCA is not multiplied this year and will be in 2A for baseball. :confused:
I just checked on that too. Disappointed they are staying in 2A for baseball.

I just checked on that too. Disappointed they are staying in 2A for baseball.
Agree.. But it is not like they have been tearing up 3A. If they had been more successful lately in the 3A tourney, they would still be multiplied.

Disappointed JCA did not elect to move up in baseball. Do they really want to be 2A in baseball? Come on.
I would guess the winner of JCA/Coal CIty will be the overwhelming favorite to win 2A

The Public Private split is coming soon with all these powers playing in lower classes they should not be in. But I think this is what the IHSA wanted when they instituted the new policy. Going the Rochester football, Morgan Park basketball route to win.

The Public Private split is coming soon with all these powers playing in lower classes they should not be in. But I think this is what the IHSA wanted when they instituted the new policy. Going the Rochester football, Morgan Park basketball route to win.

Which powers are playing in lower classes they should not be in?

Which powers are playing in lower classes they should not be in?

Lets start with:

JCA 2a Baseball
St. Laurence 3a Baseball
Mt. Carmel 2a Wrestling

The enrollment of these schools has zero impact on the talent of the baseball or wrestling teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: go_rice
Lets start with:

JCA 2a Baseball
St. Laurence 3a Baseball
Mt. Carmel 2a Wrestling

The enrollment of these schools has zero impacts on the talent of the baseball or wrestling teams.

While I would prefer JCA to be in 3A or 4A, they haven't qualified for state in 3A for a while, so they are clearly not dominating the class. Stl was in 3A last year and did not win the title.

I am not overly familiar with wrestling, so I cannot comment on that.

The Caravan has been in 2A for wrestling before.
Their policy has always been to compete where the IHSA places them.
Given their tradition over the years, I would much prefer to see them in 3A.

Reactions: FalconPadre
I think the basketball one is a mistake? BR to 4A, Rita to 3A, right?
saw that too - maybe the Crusaders are electing to play DOWN to 3A !!! If Rita is making any election, that would have to be from 3A to 4A

Last year, STL's petition to play in 4A was denied. I don't know about this year. Maybe they're staying down b/c others are joining 3A.

A petition up in wrestling was rumored and expected from Mt. Carmel. Didn’t happen as per this comprehensive article. Good luck to them taking out Washington.
I think they can achieve that. Does Washington have any Punkes left?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT