ADVERTISEMENT

More or Less? General Question

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
In all sports incuding HS, College and Pro would you like to see more or less teams make the playoffs??

I ask this question because MLB may be adding teams.

My vote is less teams are better playoffs but for you it could depend by the sport??

In all sports incuding HS, College and Pro would you like to see more or less teams make the playoffs??

I ask this question because MLB may be adding teams.

My vote is less teams are better playoffs but for you it could depend by the sport??

Not a big fan of MLB expanding the playoffs. I would like to see D1 college football expand to 8 or even 16 for playoffs. NCAA has football playoffs for every other division, why not D1?

Not a big fan of MLB expanding the playoffs. I would like to see D1 college football expand to 8 or even 16 for playoffs. NCAA has football playoffs for every other division, why not D1?

Also not a fan of MLB expanding. What they have now works IMO. Completely agree about D1 football and I haven't heard NCAA give a honest reason on that. In (I believe) literally every other NCAA sport you have a tournament and/or every team at the beginning of the year is eligible to win the championship- meaning you win your conference, you're in, you get a shot.

If middle TN wins conference in basketball, or baseball, or softball then they get to play in a tournament to be a national champion. But if middle TN won every football game next year, no matter what, they wouldn't even be considered for a FBS bowl game. Because of who they play and no tournament style. Just doesn't make sense, especially when NCAA likes to boast about equality and nonsense. You've got FBS college teams that begin August with literally 0 percent chance of contending for a title no matter what.

Manfred needs to get out of MLB. Stop messing it up!

Reactions: USD24
I'm not a big fan of byes. As such, if baseball wants to expand I'd rather see 16 than 14, the best of three wild card round to me would be too much of an advantage for the team with a bye...

NBA & NHL are fine...

NFL, expansion to 16 which would basically make all .500+ teams eligible would be watering down, but better than the byes for me...

College football...FCS seems watered down, why 13 conferences, not all who participate, have 24 teams in the playoffs is beyond me other than letting everyone play. Sure, the third and fourth teams in the Missouri Valley, Big Sky and Colonial likely could win the other conferences...North Dakota State needs to beat everyone to prove they are the best...I can live with the bye here...

D3 football...32 teams, 27 automatic bids. No expansion...

FBS...if FCS & D3 teams can play 5 playoff games with 63 & 0 scholarships, why can't FBS schools? I'd go 24 teams like FCS...but this is my twist. Conference champions are guaranteed home games until a matchup between champions - forcing your power five at large schools to go to MAC & Sun Belt schools. Eliminate conference championship games for the Power 5, division champs get bids...

I'm not a big fan of byes. As such, if baseball wants to expand I'd rather see 16 than 14, the best of three wild card round to me would be too much of an advantage for the team with a bye...

NBA & NHL are fine...

NFL, expansion to 16 which would basically make all .500+ teams eligible would be watering down, but better than the byes for me...

College football...FCS seems watered down, why 13 conferences, not all who participate, have 24 teams in the playoffs is beyond me other than letting everyone play. Sure, the third and fourth teams in the Missouri Valley, Big Sky and Colonial likely could win the other conferences...North Dakota State needs to beat everyone to prove they are the best...I can live with the bye here...

D3 football...32 teams, 27 automatic bids. No expansion...

FBS...if FCS & D3 teams can play 5 playoff games with 63 & 0 scholarships, why can't FBS schools? I'd go 24 teams like FCS...but this is my twist. Conference champions are guaranteed home games until a matchup between champions - forcing your power five at large schools to go to MAC & Sun Belt schools. Eliminate conference championship games for the Power 5, division champs get bids...

Not a big fan of so many automatic bids. Last year John Carroll finished the season in the top 10, but failed to make the playoffs because they lost to Mt Union in the regular season and didnt win the conference. The Blue Streaks were a legitimate title contender, yet didn't qualify while some champions from garbage conferences received an automatic bid and were then drummed out of the playoffs.

At most, I'd add only 1 more team and 1 more WC single-game to the MLB playoffs - it would resemble the current NFL setup bracketwise. There's usually an 87 win dog and two 95+ win teams amongst the division winners most years anyway. Byes or extended breaks can hurt more than help -( I used to call it Oakland As Disease, based on their workd series flops in 88 and 90 after sweeps in the ALCS).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT