ADVERTISEMENT

Montini - In or Out Come Week 10?

guerinfbfan

Sep 25, 2005
MCHS guys and Bronco fans alike. I'm sure there is more optimism after last year's 6-4 campaign.

I pose the question, how do you all feel about making it back to the playoffs in 2018?

The 1st half of the schedule is pretty light, but the final five weeks is a murderer's row of Rita, Loyola, Fenwick, Providence, and Brother Rice.

In or out come playoff time?

Aug 24 7:00 H Chicago (Hyde Park) 0-0 850.00
Aug 31 7:30 H Chicago (Christ the King) 0-0 332.00
Sep 7 7:30 H Aurora (Marmion Academy) 0-0 1755.60
Sep 14 7:30 H Westchester (St. Joseph) 0-0 335.00
Sep 21 7:30 H Chicago (St. Rita) 0-0 1897.50
Sep 29 1:30 A Wilmette (Loyola Academy) 0-0 3314.85
Oct 5 7:30 A Oak Park (Fenwick) 0-0 1965.15 Triton College
Oct 12 7:30 A New Lenox (Providence Catholic) 0-0 1537.80
Oct 19 7:30 H Chicago (Brother Rice) 0-0 2290.20

They will start out 4-0. I'd favor them against Fenwick and Provi. They have a chance against Rita and Rice. Loyola is the only game I'd say is a sure loss. They're in.

I would say definitely in. i think if you did an OVER/UNDER on total reg season wins it might be at 6.

Who knows maybe if they are 5-3 come week 9 v Rice they just rest everyone and get healthy for 5A playoffs. Bottom line though i think they are in.

not sure how healthy MCHS is going to be for Fenwick. if healthy they have a good chance to win 5. not sure if they have a qb that can throw. we will soon see.

In or out come playoff time?

The will make it in easy. Even at 5-4 they will have more than 35 points.

MCHS will absolutely win 3 of the first 4 games. Marmion may be a problem BUT I think they win. At 4-0 they will beat Fenwick and 1 of those last 4 games. I say a win against PC to go 6-3.

They should make a nice run in the playoffs in 5A

The will make it in easy. Even at 5-4 they will have more than 35 points.

MCHS will absolutely win 3 of the first 4 games. Marmion may be a problem BUT I think they win. At 4-0 they will beat Fenwick and 1 of those last 4 games. I say a win against PC to go 6-3.

They should make a nice run in the playoffs in 5A
35 points won't be enough. They would likely need 38-39

IN!! Providence is a win for sure.
Jchill - why so quick to say Montini over Providence? Neither team has taken an official snap yet. Just curious to know your basis. I actually have this as s bubble game for Provi and potentially their only Blue win.

I said all along they need 2 blue victories go get in.

If they don't get 2 blue wins then I say they don't make the playoffs. If they get the 2 blue wins then they get in 5a and will be dangerous.

It's all about the blue.

IMO Montini will get enough wins and points to make the playoffs. Not into predicting who they beat but their early games favor them coming in 4-0. Coach Bu said they were going to run the ball more and that is exactly what they should have done last year. They were averaging 4-5 yards a carry had the lead and then let the other come back instead of pounding the ball. This year they again have several good running backs and I hope they control the ball and the game clock. Last year 6-4 team was a major disappointment which I don't foresee happening this year.

Reactions: ChrisitanBros84
Jchill - why so quick to say Montini over Providence? Neither team has taken an official snap yet. Just curious to know your basis. I actually have this as s bubble game for Provi and potentially their only Blue win.
I have a buddy who’s kid plays for providence. He is a senior. Just going by what he tells me. They are not as good this year at all. A lot of question marks. He’s been right on his opinions the last three years. No reason to doubt him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT