ADVERTISEMENT

Minooka leading Barrington 19-14

It’s a damn good conf. I don’t think I ever posted that PN didn’t have a shot tomorrow. Clearly they do.

Minooka impressed me offensively a lot. Hard to gauge their defense but their offense was impressive.

Minooka’s defense is great. Offense, not so much. They gave up yards to a great player. No shame in that.

If I’m correct any number can carry the ball, only eligible numbers can go out for/catch a pass. I think that’s the rule. If it was a backward pass it would be considered a carry.
That is correct. It is considered a run

Niro is pretty much Barrington’s entire team. He single handedly kept them in the game. Barrington’s D was completely unimpressive. Season high in points for Minooka.

That's the kicker...he's not the whole team, they had a number of good skills players, but they decided to put it all on his shoulders. The announcers made a great point I thought at the start of OT, that the 10 yard field may actually hinder Niro's ability to find a seem...and it sure seemed to. They got too one dimensional and it killed them when they couldn't adjust. The receiver was open on 3rd and 4th and they just could not connect..tired QB overthrew. Bummed to see Barrington out so early..

I was really impressed by the size of the crowd of Minooka. Visitor stands were nearly packed. For a Friday night game - making it through rush hour with an hour plus drive, impressive. Also impressed with how both teams played. No extra-stuff after the whistle. Helping kids up, giving the pat on the back after a good play - kind of refreshing and reflective of two very good head coaches.

Reactions: MarkBuduris
I was really impressed by the size of the crowd of Minooka. Visitor stands were nearly packed. For a Friday night game - making it through rush hour with an hour plus drive, impressive. Also impressed with how both teams played. No extra-stuff after the whistle. Helping kids up, giving the pat on the back after a good play - kind of refreshing and reflective of two very good head coaches.
I wonder how many parents took Route 59 all the way down on a Friday night?

Coach McCombs has the program going the right direction.

Reactions: MarkBuduris
Taking 59 is funny. A lot of us left around 3 to meet up at The Onion for a little pre-gaming. Very exciting game!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT