ADVERTISEMENT

Minooka leading Barrington 19-14

Minooka D looks fast. They really bring it. #1 is flying around out there. Still think Barrington wins this by a couple of scores. Theyre dominating the time of possession Minooka just has two huge plays.

Ok who just saw the throwback to the LT for a TD? Slowest play ever, how’d he score? Between that and the 2 pt conversion to the DT earlier Barrington deserves to lose.

Ref question. How was 55 able to carry that ball? It was a backward pass to the LT #55 and he scored.

Ref question. How was 55 able to carry that ball? It was a backward pass to the LT #55 and he scored.
If I’m correct any number can carry the ball, only eligible numbers can go out for/catch a pass. I think that’s the rule. If it was a backward pass it would be considered a carry.

If I’m correct any number can carry the ball, only eligible numbers can go out for/catch a pass. I think that’s the rule. If it was a backward pass it would be considered a carry.
Thats where I was confused. It was a covered offensive tackle, catching the pass. He caught it around the 9 or 10 and bowled his way in. Almost dropped it.

Thats where I was confused. It was a covered offensive tackle, catching the pass. He caught it around the 9 or 10 and bowled his way in. Almost dropped it.
Sure did, and then sauntered his way in lol. He wasn’t downfield and it was a backward pass.

After that Notre Dame game I really wasn't impressed by Minooka but man did they come to play. Big plays were a factor but they did a great job containing Barrington in the first half. That was the difference. The two goal line plays were amazing calls. The 2 pt conversion and the Td in OT.

I left with 10 min left in the 4th because my 8 year old was cold! Cripes! Beautiful night for football! The fullmoon in the backdrop. Ray Niro is really special.

Play was legal because it was a backwards pass. Funny thing is the officials talked to the Barrington coaches before the game about the play.

Not sure how good minooka is because neither team really could stop the other. Until the end of course

Minooka seems pretty good. Probably should give them their due.

Last edited:
Lots to like about Minooka. Running game is powerful, o line is huge. Qb isn’t flashy but isn’t the kind of guy that will make a game changing mistake.

Defense is good I guess but hard to say when they just gave up over 350 yards on the ground. Barrington offense is very good so it’s a small sample size to go off of

Lots to like about Minooka. Running game is powerful, o line is huge. Qb isn’t flashy but isn’t the kind of guy that will make a game changing mistake.

Defense is good I guess but hard to say when they just gave up over 350 yards on the ground. Barrington offense is very good so it’s a small sample size to go off of
Hey, maybe the SW Prairie is a decent conference. And maybe, just maybe, PN has a chance against LZ tomorrow. Who woulda thunk it, eh Newt?

Niro is pretty much Barrington’s entire team. He single handedly kept them in the game. Barrington’s D was completely unimpressive. Season high in points for Minooka.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT