ADVERTISEMENT

MI just screwed McCarthy

BruceAlmighty,

Don't worry about the NFL. You are getting way, way ahead of yourself.

Right now we just want to groom QB's into good college QB's.

Reactions: corey90
Because if you don’t play highly recruited players they tend to transfer. Also highly recruited players tend to not need 5 years to get ready for the NFL. This is not the 1990s. JJ has helped the team when he has been provided the chance. Playing him did not cost Michigan their season. The defense not stopping the run did. And if they win out they will still be in the playoff.
Zero chance for the playoffs

BruceAlmighty,

Don't worry about the NFL. You are getting way, way ahead of yourself.

Right now we just want to groom QB's into good college QB's.
My point is there is no way he was going to redshirt. Unless a team has a top quarterback they are not going to redshirt a top 10 qb recruit.

Reactions: Irish LB
You redshirt JJ and let him mature and develop into the stud he's going to be. I don't know why everybody today wants to rush kids development. Just stupid in my opinion.

And it cost MI it's season today
You don’t redshirt 5* QB’s. It was wrong when you posted it before and it’s wrong now. Getting valuable meaningful playing time is ENORMOUS for JJ’s maturation.

Lincoln Riley is the best QB developer in CFB and he started playing his 5* freshman right away. Rattler went into the tank later on and now the freshman is plug and play and hasn’t skipped a beat. No offense but I think Lincoln Riley knows a little more about QB development then us.

Michigan started the season unranked
O/U was 7.5 wins
Offense has developed nicely
Defense gave up too many big plays and tackled poorly today
Very young team that should win 9 or 10 games this season

Because if you don’t play highly recruited players they tend to transfer. Also highly recruited players tend to not need 5 years to get ready for the NFL. This is not the 1990s. JJ has helped the team when he has been provided the chance. Playing him did not cost Michigan their season. The defense not stopping the run did. And if they win out they will still be in the playoff.

A lot has to happen for them to get in the playoffs they no longer control their own destiny, even if they win out they may not even get to the B10 championship game.

They need to beat OSU and MSU, Cincy, Oregon Bama, OU, ND all need to lose since they will be ahead of them it’s possible but highly unlikely.

ND is not great this year. If Michigan beats OSU and goes 12-1 that trumps anything Cincy can do. Not going to happen but still possible.

Still a chance more than a lot of teams can say.
I say you pick a QB and you stick with him. If your starter gets hurt you go with your back up. I don’t care if the kids a freshman especially if he is a 5 star recruit. This isn’t the days of yester year! I hate the rotating. I think JJ has the bigger upside in the long run but the coach has to have enough balls to pick one and stick with him. Harbaugh failed his QBs and his team by doing this switching back and forth. JJ can’t possibly get into any kind of rhythm getting put in the game for a couple of hand offs/running play and then allowed a very rare pass. It’s stupid and borderline comical.

The MSU running back just scored again
197 yards rushing and 5 touchdowns
You have to tackle and stop the run
Michigan was poor at both today

And they’re far from the garbage you proclaimed them to be a couple of weeks ago
9 or 10 wins in a year Vegas had them at 7.5
Not bad

500 at best in the SEC
Really dude I am a Bama fan and I am sorry they can play above 500 in the SEC. I think you need to put your drink down before you type. They are a good team not a great team. The SEC has a lot of good teams not great. Michigan can play above 500 in the SEC.

You don't play in the midwest today if you are NFL ready, not looking to play 4 years. You go to The SEC, the ACC, The Big 12, then the Big ten. no one who's good wants to play where it's cold. Sorry for the facts.

Are you sure you’re not drinking?
I think you’ve forgotten about a group in Columbus Ohio and I believe ND has made the playoff a couple of times

Alabama
AP, Berryman, Billingsley, DeVold, Dunkel, FACT, FB News, FW, Helms, Matthews, National Championship Foundation, NFF, NY Times, Poling, Sagarin, Sporting News, UPIYes
1980GeorgiaAP, Berryman, FACT, FB News, FW, Helms, National Championship Foundation, NFF, Poling, Sporting News, UPIYes
1983AuburnFACT, Football Research, NY TimesNo
1984FloridaBillingsley, DeVold, Dunkel, FACT, Matthews, NY Times, Sagarin, Sporting NewsNo
1992AlabamaAP, Berryman, Billingsley, DeVold, Dunkel, Eck, FACT, FB News, Football Research, FW, Matthews, National Championship Foundation, NY Times, Sporting News, UPI/NFF, USA/CNNYes
1993AuburnNational Championship FoundationNo
1996FloridaAP, Berryman, Billingsley, Eck, FACT, FB News, FW, NFF, Sagarin, Sporting News, USA/CNN, NY Times, National Championship Foundation, Dunkel, Matthews, DeVoldYes
1998TennesseeAlderson, AP, BCS, Berryman, Billingsley, DeVold, Dunkel, Eck, FACT, FB News, FW, Matthews, National Championship Foundation, NFF, NY Times, Seattle Times, Sporting News, USA/ESPNYes
2003LSUBCS, Billingsley, Colley, DeVold, Dunkel, FACT, Massey, NFF, Sagarin, Seattle Times, USA/ESPNYes
2006FloridaBCS, USA Today, APYes
2007LSUBCS, USA Today, APYes
2008FloridaBCS, USA Today, APYes
2009AlabamaBCS, USA Today, APYes
2010AuburnBCS, USA Today, APYes
2011AlabamaBCS, USA Today, APYes
2012AlabamaBCS, USA Today, APYes
2015AlabamaCFP, USA Today, APYes
2017AlabamaCFP, USA Today, APYes
2019LSUCFP, USA Today, APYes
2020AlabamaCFP, USA Today, APYes
19 for the SEC shut up!

Pac 12
2008Utah13-0Kyle Whittingham
2007USC11-2Pete Carroll
2004USC*^11-0Pete Carroll
2003USC*12-1Pete Carroll
2002USC11-2Pete Carroll
1991Washington*12-0Don James
1990Washington10-2Don James
1990Colorado*11-1-1Bill McCartney
1984Washington11-1Don James

Big 12

2005TexasBCS
2000OklahomaBCS
1997Michigan, NebraskaAP, FWAA, NFF, USA/ESPN
1995NebraskaAP, FWAA, NFF, USA/CNN, UPI
1994NebraskaAP, FWAA, NFF, USA/CNN, UPI
1990Colorado, Georgia TechFWAA, NFF, USA/CNN, AP, UPI
1985OklahomaAP, FWAA, NFF, USA/CNN, UPI

I don’t have the stats nor do I care to look it up but I believe their are plenty of Big 10 players playing in the NFL. Top notch players I might add.

I don’t have the stats nor do I care to look it up but I believe their are plenty of Big 10 players playing in the NFL. Top notch players I might add.
Careful Corey, facts always ruin someone else’s narrative lol
Yah if you don’t think the NFL is populated with numerous talented B10 players, you either don’t watch or don’t care

It's not even close that's the point. If you take Ohio State out of the bigten, it's the MAC
Young Man,

when you get your drivers license and a car, take a drive over and we can discuss football. Till then please understand that until you get an offer from any D1 program your watching and have no clue what it takes to play at any level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT