ADVERTISEMENT

MI just screwed McCarthy

Little Kin

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2020
JJ just played in his 5th game redshirt just stolen. jim harbaugh is an idiot. To rush the ball twice.

Reactions: kkhawk
If JJ plays the way he can he is not going to be in Ann Arbor for 5 years so why would he need the redshirt? He will be the starter next year in and the draft after an all American junior season.

No
He’s going to keep getting more and more playing time as the year progresses
If Michigan is going to beat the good teams, he needs to contribute

Reactions: corey90
I don’t think he intends to stay there beyond what would have been his senior year if not sooner so no need to red shirt

If you’re telling me a Michigan QB is entering the portal—I would bet it’s McNamara because JJ beat him out during this season

Reactions: corey90
I am not a fan of McNamara. I predict JJ will be the starter before the season is over. IMO He will definitely be the starter next year.

Michigan is 7-0, Harbaugh is not going to upset the apple cart. JJ is getting experience, and playing time for when and if the time is right and preparing for next season. He's not going to be at Michigan, or any other university in 5 years.

Reactions: RPG24
Michigan has a lot of big games coming up. If they are down big in one of those games then they have no choice but to put JJ in and he will get his shot. I think this day is coming soon.

Reactions: RPG24 and corey90
i would wait until he proves himself in the college ranks before anointing him the next coming of a legitimate pro QB.
Who said he was a pro? He needs playing time to see him grow in college. Check back at the end of the season. The kid is talented watch and learn. He will be a top QB in college as long as he stays healthy.

Reactions: RPG24
JJ will play alot in last 4 games when Michigan will need to throw the ball.

OP definitely wanted Andy Dalton to start all season.
A game manager can give the rest of the team a chance to be successful. McNamara is doing that for Michigan. Dalton may have done that for the Bears. Lots of growing pains with Fields. We will never know how JJ would have done starting the first 7 games. He has looked great but they are only giving him limited plays to prepare for.

. He has looked great but they are only giving him limited plays to prepare for.

The more you play the more film other teams have to watch and prepare for you, Clemson and Oklahoma’s QBs had great freshman years and teams got film on them a figured out their weaknesses. Judging a QB on limited reps is tough.

The more you play the more film other teams have to watch and prepare for you, Clemson and Oklahoma’s QBs had great freshman years and teams got film on them a figured out their weaknesses. Judging a QB on limited reps is tough.

Its the risk reward thing. Chance teams don’t know you or chance of turnovers from lack in experience. I guess we will wait and see.

A game manager can give the rest of the team a chance to be successful. McNamara is doing that for Michigan. Dalton may have done that for the Bears. Lots of growing pains with Fields. We will never know how JJ would have done starting the first 7 games. He has looked great but they are only giving him limited plays to prepare for.
Going from Naz/IMG to Michigan is a little different than Ohio State to the NFL.

You can't play two. Harbaugh lost the game today. He's not the guy. Put a fork in MI.

Not sure why MI is rotating him in McNamara looks great today.
Couldn’t agree with you more. I don’t like the two QB rotation. Very awkward for McCarthy. It’s odd and today made no sense when McNamara was playing well. I pin this loss on Harbaugh. Bad coaching can demoralize a team.

Reactions: ClownBaby
You redshirt JJ and let him mature and develop into the stud he's going to be. I don't know why everybody today wants to rush kids development. Just stupid in my opinion.

And it cost MI it's season today

You can’t settle for 4 FGs and hope to win. And their D was terrible against the Spartan rushing attack.

You redshirt JJ and let him mature and develop into the stud he's going to be. I don't know why everybody today wants to rush kids development. Just stupid in my opinion.

And it cost MI it's season today
Because if you don’t play highly recruited players they tend to transfer. Also highly recruited players tend to not need 5 years to get ready for the NFL. This is not the 1990s. JJ has helped the team when he has been provided the chance. Playing him did not cost Michigan their season. The defense not stopping the run did. And if they win out they will still be in the playoff.

Reactions: Gene K. and corey90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT