ADVERTISEMENT

MC vs. NND streaming

MC very sloppy with 2 horribly dumb penalties to give ND first downs (roughing the punter and roughing the passer).

I really do not recall the last time the Dons were blown out in back-to-back games. It's demoralizing as a fan...can only imagine how the young men are feeling.

In prior years, ND could hang its hat on a really great defense, even against teams that had more 'skill' (such as giving LWE (eventual state champ) its closest game of the season in the 2019 playoffs or giving Cary-Grove (eventual state champ) its closest game of the season in the 2018 playoffs). This year's defense seems a step slow and lacking 'ball hawks'.

To add salt to the wound, Mount Carmel ran a highlight package from the 1989 state championship game. Not very hospitable!

Reactions: Gene K.
NND just doesn't have the weapons and athletes this year. Saw this when they lost to Glenbard North. MC loaded like usual.

It is so nice seeing MC taking advantage of all the athletes they have....Dupree, Davis, Arrington, De Rosa, Furlong all scored....Dowling, Bossie, McHugh, also pitching in offensively....they are really opening it up and spreading it around this season.

MC very sloppy with 2 horribly dumb penalties to give ND first downs (roughing the punter and roughing the passer).
That was no roughing the passer. Defensive guys can’t catch a break anymore. Hard stopping that momentum and avoiding the QB.

MC right side of the O-line is massive. Jr & Soph. This team is so young. Need a little discipline, but tons of talent. Future is bright, and present is really good too.
The 2 juniors on the other side not to shabby either. Asher Tomaszewski who led varsity defense in tackles as a sophomore has switched to taking most of his snaps on the offensive line. Junior Eddie Fleck who was in the varsity mix a sophomore also playing well. Future is bright but the present is looking pretty darn good too!

I really do not recall the last time the Dons were blown out in back-to-back games. It's demoralizing as a fan...can only imagine how the young men are feeling.

In prior years, ND could hang its hat on a really great defense, even against teams that had more 'skill' (such as giving LWE (eventual state champ) its closest game of the season in the 2019 playoffs or giving Cary-Grove (eventual state champ) its closest game of the season in the 2018 playoffs). This year's defense seems a step slow and lacking 'ball hawks'.

To add salt to the wound, Mount Carmel ran a highlight package from the 1989 state championship game. Not very hospitable!
Been watching MC football for 40 years, they have a lot to be proud of. But I couldn’t agree more with your sentiment. That opening high light reel doesn’t sit well with me either. Seems like it would give their opponents a bit of unnecessary motivation.

If it takes a highlight reel 5 minutes before kickoff to get you up to play MC, you're probably in trouble.
Most of the clips are before these kids started playing football, anyways. Not like it's designed weekly to degrade each opponent.

If it takes a highlight reel 5 minutes before kickoff to get you up to play MC, you're probably in trouble.
Most of the clips are before these kids started playing football, anyways. Not like it's designed weekly to degrade each opponent.

My stuff about the highlights was mostly in jest. It is obviously the most relevant game between the two programs so it makes sense to show highlights from the game. If ND had a jumbotron like that, I'd love to see highlights from memorable games against whoever we are playing that day. I'm sure it got a smile from Coach Hennessey as he was in his early days of patrolling the ND sidelines in '89. That was the closest he came to winning a title.

I went back and read an article from that game (https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1989-11-26-8903130192-story.html). Things were much different back then. Coach Lenti, regarding the debate over whether MC or Richards should be #1, said "They play in the SICA (North), which is a conference that doesn't want to play us. What's that they say--you can run, but you can't hide?" I wish we had that type of brevity still!

Although Coach Hennessey's quote about MC from that game is still extremely applicable: "They don't do anything real fancy, but they do it well and quick and fundamentally sound."

Truthfully I couldn't tell you what teams are in most of the highlights. Still trying to pick up on who all the MC players are.
Either way it's a hell of an addition to the field.

My stuff about the highlights was mostly in jest. It is obviously the most relevant game between the two programs so it makes sense to show highlights from the game. If ND had a jumbotron like that, I'd love to see highlights from memorable games against whoever we are playing that day. I'm sure it got a smile from Coach Hennessey as he was in his early days of patrolling the ND sidelines in '89. That was the closest he came to winning a title.

I went back and read an article from that game (https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1989-11-26-8903130192-story.html). Things were much different back then. Coach Lenti, regarding the debate over whether MC or Richards should be #1, said "They play in the SICA (North), which is a conference that doesn't want to play us. What's that they say--you can run, but you can't hide?" I wish we had that type of brevity still!

Although Coach Hennessey's quote about MC from that game is still extremely applicable: "They don't do anything real fancy, but they do it well and quick and fundamentally sound."
That was definitely a good Lenti quote. I also like the DVC soph team quote and JC parking lot quote from 2000.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT