ADVERTISEMENT

MC vs BR recap?

Carmel looked like Carmel. Or maybe Rice decided to give up on the season before kick off. Hard to say. It was ugly for those wearing maroon and orange.

ct-sta-football-brother-rice-mount-carmel-st-1001-20170929-story.html
Read the Southtown story for yourself ...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...rice-mount-carmel-st-1001-20170929-story.html

Carmel looked like Carmel. Or maybe Rice decided to give up on the season before kick off. Hard to say. It was ugly for those wearing maroon and orange.
A team quitting on its season is a terrible thing. I've seen it happen. I find it hard to believe that a team with the pride and tradition of BR and a good coach would quit. I hope it's just a team that got it handed to them tonight. The next three weeks might answer what you've suggested.

MC dominated the line on both sides of the ball. Defensively, Rice has been bit by the injury bug. Offensively, Bean is developing into a good qb but is often running for his life.

I've been critical of the BR coaching before and will say it appeared to be non existent out there last night. Not sure if the kids gave up or what but as was stated last week Rita had a good game plan v MC, Rice had no game plan.

Rice has a D1 kicker and elected to not go up 3-0 a minute into the game and potentially had another opportunity to kick a FG on second possession and squandered it....a few minutes later they were down 14-0.

I'm not sure Thomas is the best option for MC at QB seems they don't use their whole arsenal with him. The defense looked really good but Rice did not take what was given to them where MC did.

Not sure really what to make of either team but Rice looked disinterested....young or not there was no game plan and real poor decisions from the sidelines up to the onside kick for no reason at all on last play.

I wish I went to Rita game.

I thought BR definitely should have taken the 3 there after the pick. On road, young team, take the 3 ; especially 4th and long.

No..... Badke is not getting fired. One bad year is not a reason.

No..... Badke is not getting fired. One bad year is not a reason.
6 years, 2 no playoffs, 3 one and dones, 1 quarterfinal...not even a Prep Bowl Championship...yeah he's on the hot seat...Nye did a lot more with a lot less talent

Reactions: TPF523
Badke will leave BR when he wants to, which will not be for a long time. Let me reiterate, it will be on his terms.

T
6 years, 2 no playoffs, 3 one and dones, 1 quarterfinal...not even a Prep Bowl Championship...yeah he's on the hot seat...Nye did a lot more with a lot less talent
who's hot seat is he on ? Yours, because he's not on rices?

I am not involved in the MC BR rivalry, but I would agree with the BR contingent that he stays. Taking the element of whether his record dictates if he should go or not, when was the last time a Catholic school let go of a coach for performance? If his kids continue to get good grades, stay out of trouble and compete on the field ( which they do ) he's staying. Let's remember, this isn't college with multi million dollar contracts, tv ratings at stake and crazy boosters /alumni.

All i know is at the frosh game they announced it was tied at half. MC brought up Bruce who now starts on D line and Grant so an L wouldn't concern me. When i saw LA game they went both ways. Both MC BR nice talent on frosh

I don't understand the speculation when it comes to blue coaches' career choices. A couple of years ago, it was about Kuska and this year Badke and Lenti have taken the brunt of speculation. The fact of the matter is that MC, BR, and SR have a great alumni network that would replace quality people with quality people when all parties are ready for such a move. So other than the bar stool, coach speculation is a needless exercise.

All i know is at the frosh game they announced it was tied at half. MC brought up Bruce who now starts on D line and Grant so an L wouldn't concern me. When i saw LA game they went both ways. Both MC BR nice talent on frosh
Love the two freshmen RB's! Horses. #11 on defense is a beast

MC got the sweep. Soph won 22-15, Fresh won 34-27
Congrats to your boy and to the Caravan! He is a special kid! You tell him we are in for donating to Misericordia during baseball season this year again.

Kennena Odeluga...BR announcer had trouble with that one! Ja'shawn Moore #7 is a load to bring down...they are best freshman combo I've seen there in loooong time

So will they beat at Phillips, IMG or other in two years?

But seriously the hardest thing about predicting CCL success off of Freshman is it seems like half of them disappear for various reasons by the time they are Juniors.

Reactions: McCaravan
Best combo i can recall was frosh '99 team had Greg Owens and Pierre Thomas. Obviously Thomas left. Next year the backfield should be loaded. Kyle Davis, Rias, Clark from sophs, I imagine 1 or both of the frosh are up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT