ADVERTISEMENT

MC and LA

MC63

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Lake County
According to an article by Michael O'Brien in Monday's
Sun-Times .... (and I paraphrase, here)

Mt Carmel and Loyola academy are 102 - 10 against the rest of the state since Since Jordan Lynch took over at Mount Carmel in 2018.

In fact, LA hasn't lost to anyone in that time except for Lockport and the Caravan.

Who has MC lost to in that window?

Also, he must mean only 2020 and onward. Loyola lost four in 2019. Twice to Marist.

Last edited:
Perhaps you should direct this information to Mr O'Brien.

I don't know specifically about any such loss, all I know is that we're incredibly fortunate to have him as coach and I hope we can keep him in that position

Reactions: Silver Rain
Looks like the LA vs. Mt. Carmel game this year is shaping up to be a pretty interesting game, given these two teams are the defending 8A and 7A state champs......and at least at this point and time in the season are very much looking the part again this year..... time will tell !

For sure Brother Rice beat both superpowers in the 2004 regular season.
22-0 over Loyola and 10-7 over Mt. Carmel in back-to-back weeks.

By my unofficial count, in 7 seasons included 2017-2023 (4 weeks this year and counting the covid 2020 season), I have Loyola and Mt. Carmel a combined 132-20 (Loyola 68-9, Mt. Carmel (64-11).
Not including 6 games vs. each other, the teams are 126-14 (Loyola 65-6 & Mt. Carmel 61-8.
Loyola won head-to-head in 2017, 2020 and 2021. Mt. Carmel won in 2018, 2019 and 2022.
Loyola's 9 losses are to Mt. Carmel (3), Brother Rice (1), Montini (1), Marist (2), St. Ignatius of Ohio (1), Lockport (1).
Mt. Carmel losses are to Loyola (3), Brother Rice (2), St. Ignatius (1), Maine South (1), St. Charles North (1), St. Rita (1), DeLaSalle (1), Lake Zurich (1).

Last edited:
Carmel Catholic beat both LA & MC in 2002.

Beat the Ramblers in the opener and the Caravan in week (3) @ Gately. Obviously, this was a LONG time ago.

Reactions: stumpyjoe8
Carmel Catholic beat both LA & MC in 2002.

Beat the Ramblers in the opener and the Caravan in week (3) @ Gately. Obviously, this was a LONG time ago.
Ah yes! The glory days directed by Carmel coaching legend Andy Bitto.
It's been more than 20 years, but I think that at the dinner celebration to promote the Prep Bowl a few days before the Prep Bowl in which the Catholic League champ (Carmel of Mundelein) met the Public League champ (Dunbar)...
I think that one of the speakers at the dinner celebration thought that the Catholic League rep in the Prep. Bowl was Mt. Carmel and said something to that effect at the banquet.

Ah yes! The glory days directed by Carmel coaching legend Andy Bitto.
It's been more than 20 years, but I think that at the dinner celebration to promote the Prep Bowl a few days before the Prep Bowl in which the Catholic League champ (Carmel of Mundelein) met the Public League champ (Dunbar)...
I think that one of the speakers at the dinner celebration thought that the Catholic League rep in the Prep. Bowl was Mt. Carmel and said something to that effect at the banquet.
I can do you one better. About 20 years ago, at the funeral for the father of one of my friends, the priest, who was brought in at the last moment due to illness, referred to him, several times, as "she" and "her." The name of the deceased was "Francis," and the priest misunderstood. He finally noticed that several mourners were frantically waving their hands at him. One took him aside and explained the problem. BTW, if you could actually add to the tension, the church was packed with high ranking CPD officials.

Just to show respect, I try to attend as many CFD and CPD funerals as possible, especially for those men and women who died in the line of duty. With the pipes and drums, the sea of blue, these affairs are sad but beautiful. A heartfelt salute to those on this board who have served or continue to serve, including Gene, McCaravan, and SOUTHSIDECFD.

So, when does Coach Lynch make the move to the college ranks? Can’t believe he will be a lifer at MC. Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT