ADVERTISEMENT

LZ offense-worst ever?

I thought it was taboo around here to single out players for criticism?

I thought it was taboo around here to single out players for criticism?
Not QB's fault. LZ coaches for putting it all on him. Like asking me to run a 4.6 40 yard dash. Not going to happen. I could maybe do 8 or 9 seconds with a stiff wind behind me . . .

At some point don’t you have to give credit to the opponent or no? Asking for a friend
Agree that Warren has a good team, they were blocking well up front, good runner, QB had some nice passes in second half. D was good against the run (although LZ never tried much). But LZ's offense is not even playoff caliber at this point. They would have been better off trying to run and punting every single time versus 4 or 5 offensive turnovers. Back to the drawing board with that. The LZ HC said he would do anything to win so we will see if he makes the necessary changes.

Agree that Warren has a good team, they were blocking well up front, good runner, QB had some nice passes in second half. D was good against the run (although LZ never tried much). But LZ's offense is not even playoff caliber at this point. They would have been better off trying to run and punting every single time versus 4 or 5 offensive turnovers. Back to the drawing board with that. The LZ HC said he would do anything to win so we will see if he makes the necessary changes.

LZ is not the only team with a struggling offense. I will present Waubonise Valley’s Offense as Example A. The O is struggling and is also not playoff caliber - but that’s what practices, modifications to the game plans, new plays and formations, etc are for! Have to trust in the coaching staff to make adjustments and try some new things. If not - then early first round exit for both LZ and WV.

At some point a really good defense is going to slow down any offense. I’ve stayes mainly quiet but today/last night was the fifth time in 7 games the defense has held an opponent without a TD.

The warren defense is very much for real. Criticize the LZ offense all you want but they got manhandled against warren. McGraw was sacked 9 times and hit another dozen plus the two lost fumbles and 4 picks.

At some point that’s not wrong outcoached that’s getting your butt kicked.

LZ is not the only team with a struggling offense. I will present Waubonise Valley’s Offense as Example A. The O is struggling and is also not playoff caliber - but that’s what practices, modifications to the game plans, new plays and formations, etc are for! Have to trust in the coaching staff to make adjustments and try some new things. If not - then early first round exit for both LZ and WV.
Agree. At the beginning of the year they were alternating QB's a bit (which disrupted the rhythm and did not work) so they obviously knew there was an issue at that spot. Time to try something new as you say.

At 4-3 I'm sure LZ will be able to take care of Mundelein and Waukegan and qualify at 6-3...then it's win or go home...keep the faith..BTW...how big is that win against Stevenson now?

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT