ADVERTISEMENT

LWE tosses Gauntlet at LA

Great defense this week. Loyola was ripe for the taking last year. But three points is not going to get it done. LWE coaches have to be more imaginative on offense this year.

I asked Griffins DE Caden O’Rourke if he was annoyed Loyola and Mount Carmel have received more attention this year:

They baited this kid into a response. Stir the pot writers! Lots of football before a State rematch of LWE vs Loyola. Instead of asking "attention" questions, ask about football. Most writers have never played though.

I asked Griffins DE Caden O’Rourke if he was annoyed Loyola and Mount Carmel have received more attention this year:

They baited this kid into a response. Stir the pot writers! Lots of football before a State rematch of LWE vs Loyola. Instead of asking "attention" questions, ask about football. Most writers have never played though.
Especially because he's the "reporter" who placed both of them ahead of East and wrote a lot of stories about both all year.

I’m sorry I’m not sure what the issue is. Would you expect the kid to say they don’t want Loyola or that they aren’t as good? The kid was honest, nothing wrong with that. I’d expect him and all of his teammates to say that
Billboard material! Stay away from it. 2 games with 2 great opponents before even a chance to play Loyola. Focus on your locker room first and don't poke the Bear. Silence is golden.

Reactions: chiliconcarne2
Billboard material! Stay away from it. 2 games with 2 great opponents before even a chance to play Loyola. Focus on your locker room first and don't poke the Bear. Silence is golden.
Lol
Poke the bear! Hahahaha
Like these two teams need poking to get motivated. I agree about still needing to win to get there. I have been saying this the last two weeks. Loyola needs to also take care of business. This only gets tougher from here.

Reactions: USD24
Billboard material? BS! If a team needs billboard material to get ready this time of year then shame on them. Billboard material, what a joke.

We should be thankful any of these athletes have a chance to talk with “real” media reporters. The attention brought to the efforts these youngsters put out is fantastic and well earned. Keep the media involved to grow HS sports. EDGY does it right as well.

Original poster proving my point "Crusader_of_90." True blue Main South fan. If LWE wins next round, they are likely to meet a strong Main South team. My bet is Coach Inserra already building the narrative LWE has already looked past you guys to Loyola! "How arrogant of them!!!!"

Football is just as emotional and mental as it is physical. So yes additional little things matter especially to teenage boys. Bulletin Board material IS effective. Anger beats fear and focuses nerves.

Well played Crusader_of_90. We all bit!!

You must be in marketing.

Congrats on the win over Belleville East. That was a good team MS beat.

• Haha
Reactions: crusader_of_90
If you think any of the 8A teams are not aware of the remaining competition you are lost. They ALL have to respect the next opponent and there are no byes left. Good to see any press out there supporting HS sports. Would you rather be reading about the NCAA world of Northwestern or Michigan?

LA isn’t worried . Don’t think anyones scores a TD against the 1st team D rest of the way

Original poster proving my point "Crusader_of_90." True blue Main South fan. If LWE wins next round, they are likely to meet a strong Main South team. My bet is Coach Inserra already building the narrative LWE has already looked past you guys to Loyola! "How arrogant of them!!!!"

Football is just as emotional and mental as it is physical. So yes additional little things matter especially to teenage boys. Bulletin Board material IS effective. Anger beats fear and focuses nerves.

I’m sure he did build that up, “looking past us”. We are Maine South! That’s the chant. Well we are Maine South, and about 7 other towns they recruit too! That’s the real chant.

Bit of a setup question for the kid to comment on a team they won't see until the title game but definitely don't want to look ahead. Tough game this week and then will need to beat Maine South or Barrington in the semis first.

Reactions: WIU78

I doubt Maine South coach is making mistake of looking ahead himself. They have a tough matchup at Barrington on Saturday. Need to get through that first.

Actually, LA has beaten LWE the last three times they have played them .......13-3 Last year .......the 1/4 finals 3-0 and the semi's two years before that 24-16........(prior to the "covid" year") ! So LWE - I am sure will be looking for revenge against LA if they wind up getting there this year! A lot of football left on both sides of the bracket first against very good teams that have revenge in mind as well. I am also sure if these two programs meet in the championship game this year - no-one is taking anything for granted!!!!!

All great games versus ANY of the remaining 8 teams. Barrington being the only recent new comer.

Billboard material? BS! If a team needs billboard material to get ready this time of year then shame on them. Billboard material, what a joke.
I 100% agree on this. Billboard material and Revenge factors get you through the opening kickoff then they have to play the game, and the team that plays better and is better prepared will win. Doesn’t make you any bigger, faster or stronger and if you need extra motivation in the playoffs then your in the wrong sport.

I 100% agree on this. Billboard material and Revenge factors get you through the opening kickoff.....
The great orator Mike Tyson said everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

If I was Loyola the second or third play of the game I’d run a couple of misdirection plays and see if LWE over pursues the play.

Some classic games when Loyola and L-W East play but my worst gut check was the Griffins 3-0 loss at Loyola. Easier to live with the other outcomes in big games against quality opponents but a score of 3-0???

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT