ADVERTISEMENT

LWE schedule

corey90

Aug 27, 2005
Crown Point, IN
LWE vs Crete in fall 1st game.
Naperville Central 2nd game.
This should give the Griffins a good idea on how the season will go in the fall. I don’t have a lot of access to their lower levels Fresh/Sophomore teams and how they looked in the spring? LWE fans chime in if you have the inside scoop. I am coach Z will have them ready.

This should give the Griffins a good idea on how the season will go in the fall. I don’t have a lot of access to their lower levels Fresh/Sophomore teams and how they looked in the spring? LWE fans chime in if you have the inside scoop. I am coach Z will have them ready.
I read that none of their levels lost a game in the Spring.

Reactions: corey90
Saw lower levels twice. Good, not dominant. Regardless, LWE will still be better than Warren, don't worry Corey.

Saw lower levels twice. Good, not dominant. Regardless, LWE will still be better than Warren, don't worry Corey.

I am not worried just didn’t know anything about the lower levels since I don’t have kids involved in the program. LWE will compete with anyone in the state. Sounds like you know more about the program than I do? Any kids to watch? How many returning starters? Juniors or Sophomores to watch? Regardless East will be a tough out even if no D-1 talent.
I can’t remember East ever playing Crete? Maybe when in 7A playoffs? Does anyone know? I like seeing them playing new teams it makes things interesting.

Can you add the conference games?

Can’t say enough about Crete. That’s adding two tough programs to their schedule. If they make the playoffs it will pay huge dividends.
Crete has created a monster non-conference schedule. Any AD scheduling LWE & JCA would, in just about any other circumstance, be sent for psych evaluation if the coach thought the playoffs might be in trouble. But the Warriors have lost one conference game since 2006, pre-dating the Southland. They beat Kankakee the year the Kays ran to the semis; they have a 6A title, and runner-up seasons of 11-3 and 10-4. They certainly aren't just hoping to make the playoffs, they are preparing for a deep run. The 60-0 drubbings the Warriors & Kays have been dropping on their Southland foes aren't helping them much, they need tough non-con games, and I figure some Catholic schools are going to benefit.

Reactions: Gene K. and mates1
I agree
They will have their hands full with these two opponents but will grow from the experience. It will also give them a good gauge on where they stand compared to some of the top schools in Illinois.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT