ADVERTISEMENT

LWE Penalties

WIU78

Dec 27, 2006
i believe the Griffins have more penalty yards than total yards. 28-0 Griffins witn 6:14 to go in the 2nd Qtr.

35-0 Griffins over St. Charles at the half. A bunch different compared to last years mud bowl game.

Game plan was to take a lot of penalties. That way, the offense could run up their stat numbers without running up the score.

Reactions: USD24
It was an interesting interpretation of IHSA rules that never ended until St. Charles was on the bus. Even a kickoff was whistled dead?

It was an interesting interpretation of IHSA rules that never ended until St. Charles was on the bus. Even a kickoff was whistled dead?
I like the holding call on the opening kick 50 yds behind the play.

There was another with a 30 yd pass going into the left end zone and the flag dropped for a hold on the other side of the field also downfield way past the line of scrimmage.

I have to say that the East 2nd team defense is really good. I mean it. They swarm to the ball, stuff the run, rush the QB... I said it before, East second string would make the playoffs. They had 119 kids on the roster for the game. They brought up 21 kids. Amazing.

Reactions: WIU78
I have to say that the East 2nd team defense is really good. I mean it. They swarm to the ball, stuff the run, rush the QB... I said it before, East second string would make the playoffs. They had 119 kids on the roster for the game. They brought up 21 kids. Amazing.
And most if not all played.

LWE scored 4 touchdowns in the first 6 minutes of the game but only led by a score of 7-0.

Yeah that sucked he had a great run
I was sitting on the SCE side for a different perspective at the start of the game and their coaching staff sold a phantom block in the back near midfield when # 5 was at the 10 yard line on the opening kickoff. The ref then even over sold it by insisting he saw it occur exactly at the 46 1/2 yard line just by the way he maneuvered and adjusted the flag on the field - so they could walk off the yardage. Then a couple solid pancake blocks turned into hold calls on LWE- the sideline judge on the SCE side was a bit intimidated by the Saints staff

Offisides on a kickoff is a dead ball foul
if we are talking about the same play (we must be cuz there was only one kickoff with a whistle), the two sideline judges blew their whistles to confer near midfield on a question re: running clock - the LWE kicker (the Dominator) then kicked the ball right in from of their faces as the refs huddled up just yards from the kicker -

LWE fans...please. Your team is outstanding and probably the best HS team I’ve ever seen play in person but whining about bad calls? Most of the calls made were legit IMO and I saw holding by LWE that didn’t get called on a few occasions (like on the second TD). It doesn’t really matter because bad calls or no calls didn’t change the outcome. The better team won by a large margin. Enjoy the victory and I have nothing but admiration for how well LWE played and how exceptional they are on both sides of the ball. Good luck and my money is on the Griffins to celebrate another 8a championship.

Last edited:
Yeah that sucked he had a great run
I was sitting on the SCE side for a different perspective at the start of the game and their coaching staff sold a phantom block in the back near midfield when # 5 was at the 10 yard line on the opening kickoff. The ref then even over sold it by insisting he saw it occur exactly at the 46 1/2 yard line just by the way he maneuvered and adjusted the flag on the field - so they could walk off the yardage. Then a couple solid pancake blocks turned into hold calls on LWE- the sideline judge on the SCE side was a bit intimidated by the Saints staff
My buddy was on the chain gang and said the same thing.

LWE fans...please. Your team is outstanding and probably the best HS team I’ve ever seen play in person but whining about bad calls? Most of the calls made were legit IMO and I saw holding by LWE that didn’t get called on a few occasions (like on the second TD). It doesn’t really matter because bad calls or no calls didn’t change the outcome. The better team won by a large margin. Enjoy the victory and I have nothing but admiration for how well LWE played and how exceptional they are on both sides of the ball. Good luck and my money is on the Griffins to celebrate another 8a championship.
Not whining, just very unusual non explained calls. What were there , first 6 plays had five flags. Later, I thought a warning for the infractions when the outcome was clear would have been just fine. Personal fouls for both players on pushing after the whistle. A roughing call on a PAT that was picked up. Kick off violation with no flag? Just a weird, drawn out, flag happy bunch.
Just curious as to the Saints option QB selection instead of the starting QB . St. Charles East should have won the match last year and I am sure that went in to the prep for this one.

Not whining, just very unusual non explained calls. What were there , first 6 plays had five flags. Later, I thought a warning for the infractions when the outcome was clear would have been just fine. Personal fouls for both players on pushing after the whistle. A roughing call on a PAT that was picked up. Kick off violation with no flag? Just a weird, drawn out, flag happy bunch.
Just curious as to the Saints option QB selection instead of the starting QB . St. Charles East should have won the match last year and I am sure that went in to the prep for this one.

Sounds like a crazy game. It appears East had extra motivation in this game, since the game was so close last year. You know Coach Z had these boys ready for this game.

Sounds like a crazy game. It appears East had extra motivation in this game, since the game was so close last year. You know Coach Z had these boys ready for this game.
You know, I have seen every East game this year except Thornton and have been puzzled by the stubbornness East opponents had all year long. LWC, BB, St. Charles et. al (except Naperville Central) tried running and running...and when that did not work, they tried running more.

High school football is usually one dimensional at most schools. Think CCL ball. Maine South and Riverside-Brookfield introduced other modes many years ago. Another aspect is most teams are either offense or defensive. The better teams can do both.

You know, I have seen every East game this year except Thornton and have been puzzled by the stubbornness East opponents had all year long. LWC, BB, St. Charles et. al (except Naperville Central) tried running and running...and when that did not work, they tried running more.

Videosurfer
In your opinion have they played teams that could pass the ball. What about HF? In past years East loves to play teams that pass a lot. East puts great pressure on the QB’s causing bad throws and turnovers. Do you feel East secondary is weaker and maybe a good passing team would expose them? Or do you think maybe they just have to try something else because East just stuffs the run.
Interesting comment, just want to know where your coming from and more explanation.

Videosurfer
In your opinion have they played teams that could pass the ball. What about HF? In past years East loves to play teams that pass a lot. East puts great pressure on the QB’s causing bad throws and turnovers. Do you feel East secondary is weaker and maybe a good passing team would expose them? Or do you think maybe they just have to try something else because East just stuffs the run.
Interesting comment, just want to know where your coming from and more explanation.
I think East is strong everywhere but if they have any weakness, it is against the pass. Now, maybe Maine South will exploit it with a short passing game...Naperville Central threw 40+ times and had I think 3 INTs...one was tipped at the line of scrimmage.

But how many 3 and outs can a team go before trying something else? Heck, there are short passes that are almost like runs. But East is strong everywhere and scheming against it must be hard. I hear Oswego has one heck of a QB...

I think East is strong everywhere but if they have any weakness, it is against the pass. Now, maybe Maine South will exploit it with a short passing game...Naperville Central threw 40+ times and had I think 3 INTs...one was tipped at the line of scrimmage.

But how many 3 and outs can a team go before trying something else? Heck, there are short passes that are almost like runs. But East is strong everywhere and scheming against it must be hard. I hear Oswego has one heck of a QB...

I think East is always well prepared for the teams they face. Coach Z is as good as any coach getting his team ready for whatever offense they are facing. I think your best chance would to be to have a well balanced offense and that’s easier said than done.
What do you guys know about the Hitters?

The flag on the XP was picked up because he got a hand on the ball so no roughing, The rest, who knows. The starting QB did not play because of injury,

Reactions: markmacaluso
On the kickoff two refs threw flags, the one you are talking about came back and moved his flag to where the ref in the middle threw his.

That's all anyone has been talking about all year about LWE is how great this defense is, so lol wut?
Mchsalumni...uh no. The talk is usually about the offense sir. Defense is expected from a Zvonar squad, but hardly the highlight of this years version.

Mchsalumni...uh no. The talk is usually about the offense sir. Defense is expected from a Zvonar squad, but hardly the highlight of this years version.

Exactly
I believe the defense is taking a back seat to the offense this year and it appears they shouldn’t. They are making their own statement with 6 shutouts and the last 2 games over quality teams.

Exactly
I believe the defense is taking a back seat to the offense this year and it appears they shouldn’t. They are making their own statement with 6 shutouts and the last 2 games over quality teams.
LWE defense is the shizzle!!

Corey...yes they should take a back seat to the Offense. The eye test is what would sway you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT