ADVERTISEMENT

LWE and the buses.

JCHILLTOPPERS

May 29, 2001
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my two inside sources reported LWE had two regular size school buses full of kids at this past weekend's 7s.

A few years ago, the board argued, based on numbers that Morton was the most under producing school. Ultimately, I believe Bones convinced me and others that you have to factor a lot into numbers; and can't just make the assumption that with all those kids, there must be talent somewhere.

All of the above is the long way of arguing, with LWE's numbers, football history, demographics, and great coach, what is the blind expectation?

Is it reasonable to say that not reaching the semis is underperformance?

Reactions: Bulldog 3
The Morton argument drives me bonkers. The student body makeup matters. Morton's lacks football talent and interest.

That said, LWE has the right student body

Yes at this point not reaching semis or title game is failure, just like last year. We talked about Alabama territory now. It's a great thing and a tough one with the expectation. Have to make that far otherwise it's underperforming with the talent they have.

QB will be big question this year

The Morton argument drives me bonkers. The student body makeup matters. Morton's lacks football talent and interest.

Makes Morton’s failure in soccer even more head scratching. They should be in the state semis or better ever other year. Has not been the case.

Reactions: JCHILLTOPPERS
The only issue I see is that there are other schools with enough of all the needed factors as well. I always bring it up, but how many schools do we see people say should be an annual semi-finalist? Stevenson? Neuqua Valley? Homewood-Flossmoor? Hinsdale Central? Lyons? Marist? Sandburg? Barrington? Rice? Naperville Central?

The only issue I see is that there are other schools with enough of all the needed factors as well. I always bring it up, but how many schools do we see people say should be an annual semi-finalist? Stevenson? Neuqua Valley? Homewood-Flossmoor? Hinsdale Central? Lyons? Marist? Sandburg? Barrington? Rice? Naperville Central?

And Lockport. I think they have almost 4,000 kids. They should win state every other year if we are using numbers alone for expectation.

Naperville Central's transfer enrollment alone puts them in a class all their own.

Makes Morton’s failure in soccer even more head scratching. They should be in the state semis or better ever other year. Has not been the case.
Top soccer players are participating in Club soccer year round.

Top soccer players are participating in Club soccer year round.

I am well aware of that but by sheer numbers Morton should have enough quality. If all the top players are participating in club then many schools are missing their top players.

And Lockport. I think they have almost 4,000 kids. They should win state every other year if we are using numbers alone for expectation.
We hear they have the talent in the building. I could add Warren. Also some here said Evanston when they got that one coach since they also had talent in the building. I'd also add Waubonsie Valley and Naperville North.

We hear they have the talent in the building. I could add Warren. Also some here said Evanston when they got that one coach since they also had talent in the building. I'd also add Waubonsie Valley and Naperville North.

How can LWE & Bolingbrook compete with their sheer numbers we don’t have a chance.
I say we wave the white flag and forfeit the season.
Lol

The new coach wil make a great difference:
I agree, but assembling a staff will likely be a big factor. Coach Czart was a fantastic program leader during his time at LW North along with attracting an enviable stable of assistants through his tenure there. Difficulties in this area could impede the Porter success curve early?

Reactions: Bulldog 3
It is going to take a while for Lockport to be playoff competitive again. Certain cultures don't change overnight. The hiring of coach Czart was a huge step in the right direction. But as Woody said, he will have to surround himself with capable coaches as well, especially at the lower levels. All I know is, some of the guys they had at the lower levels...and now that I think about it, at the varsity level, couldn't tie their shoes without help. Some, not all. But, winning comes from the top too...as in AD.

I agree, but assembling a staff will likely be a big factor. Coach Czart was a fantastic program leader during his time at LW North along with attracting an enviable stable of assistants through his tenure there. Difficulties in this area could impede the Porter success curve early?

Time will tell. I hope they can turn it around because the Griffins need the competition. LP should have plenty of athletes to mold and the coach has a blank canvas to paint his story.

Time will tell. I hope they can turn it around because the Griffins need the competition. LP should have plenty of athletes to mold and the coach has a blank canvas to paint his story.
Czart will change the culture there. May take a few years.

Need the competition? Really? Lockport isn't going to get better just so we can give LWE some "competition." We plan on kicking your asses in the near future and making it a yearly thing. LOL!!

The OP cites a lot more than the size of the school.

I think we should wonder, can LWE do what Rambler has done?

Need the competition? Really? Lockport isn't going to get better just so we can give LWE some "competition." We plan on kicking your asses in the near future and making it a yearly thing. LOL!!

Lol
I got you but you no the saying crawl be for you walk and walk before you run. Czart has his work cut out for him. You need to change the culture and that’s not an easy task. It will be a few years if he is able to accomplish it and then we can talk about kicking East A#%s.

Lol
I got you but you no the saying crawl be for you walk and walk before you run. Czart has his work cut out for him. You need to change the culture and that’s not an easy task. It will be a few years if he is able to accomplish it and then we can talk about kicking East A#%s.
Didn't Lockport have a left handed qb, his dad was a coach. I think they won state ,they should get that dad to coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT