ADVERTISEMENT

LWE and Loyola on a collision course?

Hopefully it works out that LA, LWE, MS Barrington, NC, Stevie and H-F end up on the same side of the bracket--away from the Raiders. @Souc make it happen.

Ive been waiting on this game for a while. Is this the year?

A lot of knowledgeable football minds think it is - but you never know based on injuries, brackets and other factors out of a teams control. Having said that, coach Holocek mercifully leashed the dogs going into the fourth quarter and in his post game speech was focused on Leo and Leo only. As a fan, I think they would be happy to get in the playoffs and play any of the opponents mentioned above since they are all very good teams that are having great seasons.

You mind if GW joins you on that side if WV fails to get in and push us to 7A?

Cap, question: Since GW has a student enrollment north of 2000 students, besides the obvious that the championship path may be smoother in 7A, why are you so intent on finding routes to keep them out of 8A? Forget the multiplier. The true essence is that they have the enrollment, the coaching and every other factor that leads to success. Keep them in 8A, along with the other schools with similar enrollments or even smaller ( LA has 2050 kids ) and let the chips fall where they fall.

Looks like the Hitters are back!

I hope so. I would like to have them come up and visit Wilmette come playoff time.We'll have our wr Jones back by then and it'll be great comparing him to GW's wr. We'd like to afford them the same hospitality they afforded us last year ( with the same results ). lol

Reactions: Bowie50
Ehh i dont know about that. You guys shut down Bryant, what would you do to Vespo? Plus youve shown the ability to stop J Hall. You have to be on that side of the bracket. Lyons goes on the side with us. You guys get Huntley too.

Cap, question: Since GW has a student enrollment north of 2000 students, besides the obvious that the championship path may be smoother in 7A, why are you so intent on finding routes to keep them out of 8A? Forget the multiplier. The true essence is that they have the enrollment, the coaching and every other factor that leads to success. Keep them in 8A, along with the other schools with similar enrollments or even smaller ( LA has 2050 kids ) and let the chips fall where they fall.

From a DSR perspective, I agree. If GW had the size we had in '09-'15, I would be all in rooting for 8A. But we don't have that kind of size this year and after the MS game, I sort of reevaluated my priorities. After last night, I believe GW on turf can compete with anyone as long as the game is played on turf. Duchon Field neutralizes our running game a bit as it did to H-F last year.

From the perspective of wanting a 14 week season, I like 7A because your 1 loss season gets you a much higher seed. If you look at the gauntlet GW had to run last year just to host LA in the semis, you wouldn't wish that on your worst enemy. Let's go through this. NV at NV with a monster team that had many D-1 kids and 120 dressed players. Our reward for that win was 10-0 #2 ranked H-F. After dispatching them in what could be called the greatest defensive coaching clinic in years, they got the best team E'ville has ever put together with the top defensive player in the state doing Samoan body slams that jar young brains loose from their stems. All of that for the honor of facing the best high school offensive line I have ever seen assembled.

Sorry but you can have all of that arrogant chest thumping, I ain't biting. Round 1 in 7A is a week to heal for high seeds. In 8A you get NV on the road.

Good luck to LA though. Should GW make 8A and should they be lucky enough to face LA, I just hope the game is in Wilmette because this GW team's game is much better suited to turf.

Reactions: Bowie50
Looks like the Hitters are back!

I hope so. I would like to have them come up and visit Wilmette come playoff time.We'll have our wr Jones back by then and it'll be great comparing him to GW's wr. We'd like to afford them the same hospitality they afforded us last year ( with the same results ). lol

So let me get this straight. You deliver a beat down for the ages at our place last year in the semis. We respond with respect and grace and acknowledge you are in a different league. Then this year we come out with a team that gets a similar beat down from MS in Week 1 and you think it is appropriate to taunt us about coming to your place for another beat down?

Seriously dude, you got a screw loose. I always thought the LA fans I've dealt with here had class and dignity best exemplified by MWhittman. You sir, are no MWhittman. .

Reactions: PRokie
Cmon Bones. You would love for Swagger High to come to the Brook like the good ole days.

So let me get this straight. You deliver a beat down for the ages at our place last year in the semis. We respond with respect and grace and acknowledge you are in a different league. Then this year we come out with a team that gets a similar beat down from MS in Week 1 and you think it is appropriate to taunt us about coming to your place for another beat down?

Seriously dude, you got a screw loose. I always thought the LA fans I've dealt with here had class and dignity best exemplified by MWhittman. You sir, are no MWhittman. .
What are you talking about? I said we'd love to reciprocate the hospitality. We met with friends from Glen ellyn before last year's game for breakfast down there and had an awesome time. We would do the same for them in Wilmette if LA plays GW. I don't know what you are reading.

Reactions: NNFAN

What are you talking about? I said we'd love to reciprocate the hospitality. We met with friends from Glen ellyn before last year's game for breakfast down there and had an awesome time. We would do the same for them in Wilmette if LA plays GW. I don't know what you are reading.

I was being somewhat dramatic but point being that if I beat the crap out of a team one year I wouldn't wish a follow up on them.

I would love to spend a pregame in Wilmette. Place is gorgeous and it would be fun to Pierce and your guy on the same field. Pierce may also lock up with him from the defensive side.

Good luck staying healthy. I think that was the toughest part of 8A. Cheers!

Last edited:
I was being somewhat dramatic but point being that if I best the crap out of a team one year I would wish a follow up on them.

I would love to spend a pregame in Wilmette. Place is gorgeous and it would be fun to Pierce and your guy on the same field. Pierce may also lock up with him from the defensive side.

Cheers to you as well. I'll buy you a beer pre game at Hackneys should we face each other up here. Like I said, return some of the hospitality that was afforded to us at GE.

Reactions: capnbillhitters
I was being somewhat dramatic but point being that if I best the crap out of a team one year I would wish a follow up on them.

Come over to Meiers Cap. I will buy you a beer!

Reactions: capnbillhitters
After dispatching them in what could be called the greatest defensive coaching clinic in years, they got the best team E'ville has ever put together with the top defensive player in the state doing Samoan body slams that jar young brains loose from their stems. All of that for the honor of facing the best high school offensive line I have ever seen assembled.

That wasn't the best team that E'Ville has ever put together. Maybe in like the top 6 or 7 or so.... IJS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT