ADVERTISEMENT

LWE 35 Warren 14 FINAL

sporthog9er

Jun 9, 2001
Nice drive for Griffins to end the qtr with a 13 yd TD pass.

Warren #13 flagged for punching/shoving to the face on a punt. Things are heating up!

Did you catch what the penalty was when Warren had the big pass on first drive that got called back? Would’ve been 1st and goal from the 2. I assume holding on O line?

Ugh. I don’t know how many penalties they have, but it’s way too many. Watching the NFHS feed and every other play refs are marching off yardage. A consistent problem with this program for years.
They had 4-5 unsportsmanlike flags against Andrew last week. Dirty.

Reactions: Spankwagon
Another personal foul on Warren. East tosses another TD. This one looks over. East D simply not letting Warren do anything.

Reactions: Jendinz
35-14 final. Very surprised at what I just saw. Straight up butt kicking. Six flags is closed until spring.

Good win for East! East defense was flat out good, very tough against the run. I was able to meet Micahjones and Lake City Newt., both really good guys. I have the utmost respect for the Warren football team and program, they played hard to the end. Coach Z had his team ready and he is a big reason why this team is one step closer to playing for another State title.

Go East!

Good win for East! East defense was flat out good, very tough against the run. I was able to meet Micahjones and Lake City Newt., both really good guys. I have the utmost respect for the Warren football team and program, they played hard to the end. Coach Z had his team ready and he is a big reason why this team is one step closer to playing for another State title.

Go East!
So nice it meet you today “Corey.” Beat of luck to the beast moving forward

Q

they didn’t lose today because they were undisciplined they lost because LWE was better
Largely true, but the multiple personal fouls and D-front encroachments had compounding effects contributing to the loss.

Largely true, but the multiple personal fouls and D-front encroachments had compounding effects contributing to the loss.
True. LWE was better at what they did in every facet. Warren needed to play a clean game even aside from penalties and they didn’t

Go East!
Sorry to hear that corey!💩

Reactions: corey90
Discipline needs to improve at Warren Toes
True. LWE was better at what they did in every facet. Warren needed to play a clean game even aside from penalties and they didn’t
Newt
They clean up the penalties and get more balanced they will get to the State title game. The Blue Devils are that good. Just a few areas to clean up you are totally right. It’s tough to beat good teams with penalties and turnovers.

Reactions: Gene K.
LakeCtyNewt I don’t get why this has been talked about regarding Warren Township for at least 3-4 years and still they limit the ability to move upward by not making improvements? The Devils had a handful of D1 players who can flat out play the game!

Great win by LWE. Was hoping for a different outcome. Wishing LWE the best moving forward. Praying Warren Seniors have continued success in football & their career endeavors. Good year for Warren. Six flags is closed for the season. Time to reload and get off season training going. 🎢💪🏾💯🙏🏾

LakeCtyNewt I don’t get why this has been talked about regarding Warren Township for at least 3-4 years and still they limit the ability to move upward by not making improvements? The Devils had a handful of D1 players who can flat out play the game!
It’s a great question that I wish I had the answer to. It’s frustrating and what compounds it is the officials know ahead of time so it just adds to it.

I knew going in for them to have a chance they had to take care of the ball and keep their mouths shut.

For the most part they did both but it’s the silly penalties that add up - I think I counted 4 that keep drives alive in the first half for east.

• Wow
Reactions: corey90 and Gene K.
Newt
They clean up the penalties and get more balanced they will get to the State title game. The Blue Devils are that good. Just a few areas to clean up you are totally right. It’s tough to beat good teams with penalties and turnovers.
Nice meeting you Corey and thanks for pregame lunch. Always great to have post commentary. LWE was will coached and made the plays they needed to make. No need to bash the players or coaches. Warren made it to the quarters which is further than a lot of 8A programs. Reload, learn and move on. The flag is closed for this season. 🎢💯💪🏾

Micah: Your team is going to get there sooner or later. Getting to the quarters in 8A is no easy task. Win with humility and lose with dignity. That's how I see Warren going forward. Six Flags will be open in the Spring.

Nice meeting you Corey and thanks for pregame lunch. Always great to have post commentary. LWE was will coached and made the plays they needed to make. No need to bash the players or coaches. Warren made it to the quarters which is further than a lot of 8A programs. Reload, learn and move on. The flag is closed for this season. 🎢💯💪🏾
Yup
Agree 100%. It’s tough to get to quarters and Warren is always in the mix. It was great talking to you guys today. Good luck next year. Warren has another fan rooting for them for sure, unless they are playing East 🤗

Yup
Agree 100%. It’s tough to get to quarters and Warren is always in the mix. It was great talking to you guys today. Good luck next year. Warren has another fan rooting for them for sure, unless they are playing East 🤗
Good times thanks and nice meeting you as well

Corey I hope you at least mentioned your boys who helped launch the New LWE program back in the early 2000’s during the lunch. Traditions started and Warren is still launching the winning traditions!

Made the game, and was our early on a cold night! A few things I noticed…

1. East is pretty darn good! That O-Line is really good!
2. Warren was so physical!
3. Warren is was very dirty! Now it may have been emotions of season ending but some of those plays/flags were uncalled for and bush league!
4. Guy next to me said East sophs were super good! So I guess East won’t be going anywhere anytime soon

i have seen Glenbard West and East will whoop them! Not sure about title game though?

Corey I hope you at least mentioned your boys who helped launch the New LWE program back in the early 2000’s during the lunch. Traditions started and Warren is still launching the winning traditions!
Of course and yes that 2004-2005 teams set the stage for what the East program has been and is currently. 👍

Great win by LWE. Was hoping for a different outcome. Wishing LWE the best moving forward. Praying Warren Seniors have continued success in football & their career endeavors. Good year for Warren. Six flags is closed for the season. Time to reload and get off season training going. 🎢💪🏾💯🙏🏾
Q

they didn’t lose today because they were undisciplined they lost because LWE was better
I hesitate to post this but I cant help it. Warren's problem is coaching. The coach allows/condones/ignores stupid personal fouls and lack of respect for themselves or opponents over and over and over. He might know Defense X's & O's. So what!!! That not coaching. 2 games now w Lincoln Way East. State in 2019 and Quarters 2022. Same interactions both team w different kids. Threats and sh*t talk don't work in football or in life. It starts on social media the week before, continues thru "on field" warm ups, ramps up in the game, and continues thru the handshakes. Or lack of hand shakes. 10 or more warren objectors that I counted. Regardless of the score, up or down, respects is a real thing. That is respect for yourself, your team, and your opponent. It is the coaches fault! Leadership shows either strong or weak. What you allow and what you expect are real. The team takes on the personality of the coaches. It is not an easy job to be a HS coach for any team. Shame on him for allowing this and I feel sorry for the boys. Really disturbing to see this in the sport I love. Warren has some incredible athletes. But they waste so much energy on the nonsense of intimidation and sh*t talking and acting selfish. So tragic that they have no accountability or consequences for their play. That is, except the consequence of losing at the higher competitive levels. Life lessons for both sides. What works and what doesn't. Build and improve in more than just football skills.

Reactions: mmca
As really a great time - learned all things LWE football history and it was awesome

This isn’t about Coaching so much as it is about the kids in the program. I saw this coming as did many. The athletes are there but the will and quality of kid isn’t. Afraid this is the end of this era. The talent pool is starting to dry up.

This isn’t about Coaching so much as it is about the kids in the program. I saw this coming as did many. The athletes are there but the will and quality of kid isn’t. Afraid this is the end of this era. The talent pool is starting to dry up.
Strong disagree. Starts at the top. Coaches instill discipline. "Will and quality of kid"...what does that even mean?

From a LWE perspective and view, so the content is very limited to Warren exposure. The film will show athletic ability as well as attitude. There were theatrics, late hitting and at least a punch. If college coaches see the same it may sour them on a potential recruit. Not dealing with this as a young player early is the coaches responsibility. Not subbing out an offender is reinforcing negative behavior. Not showing up for the handshake line discredits both teams efforts. Good luck all participants going forward in life and sports.

Strong disagree. Starts at the top. Coaches instill discipline. "Will and quality of kid"...what does that even mean?
I will answer. It’s starts at home then through coaching. The coach must maintain discipline on the field regardless who the kid is or what upbringing he has. It helps if the parents align with the coach. The coach maintains discipline by removing the player from the field or team if necessary. It can’t be an option. This starts from day one with a parent/coach meeting. The parents hear it first. Zero tolerance. Then you have team meeting with the players saying the exact same thing. They don’t like it kid they are off the team. You have to be diligent and make this clear. I am not talking holding calls, I am talking the trash talking and stupid flagrant fouls. This is the only way the coach’s can gain control and make real changes for the better. Honestly I didn’t see any real flagrant calls in this game. I saw plenty of undisciplined plays by being over aggressive on D. That can be fixed by the coaches.

Reactions: mwesley78
I will answer. It’s starts at home then through coaching. The coach must maintain discipline on the field regardless who the kid is or what upbringing he has. It helps if the parents align with the coach. The coach maintains discipline by removing the player from the field or team if necessary. It can’t be an option. This starts from day one with a parent/coach meeting. The parents hear it first. Zero tolerance. Then you have team meeting with the players saying the exact same thing. They don’t like it kid they are off the team. You have to be diligent and make this clear. I am not talking holding calls, I am talking the trash talking and stupid flagrant fouls. This is the only way the coach’s can gain control and make real changes for the better. Honestly I didn’t see any real flagrant calls in this game. I saw plenty of undisciplined plays by being over aggressive on D. That can be fixed by the coaches.
This wasn’t a classic warren team of recent vintage. Yea coaching has an impact but this starts long b for they get to Kuhn school and that isn’t happening right now.

Reactions: Gene K. and corey90
This wasn’t a classic warren team of recent vintage. Yea coaching has an impact but this starts long b for they get to Kuhn school and that isn’t happening right now.
I figured, I definitely agree it’s starts at home. I still say the coaches must instill discipline when things go off kilter. I didn’t see that from the coaches on Saturday. Maybe it was to late in the season, it should be taught way earlier in the season. Newt I am not trying to judge the coaches they made it all the way to the quarter finals. Thats a huge accomplishments. They are very close to getting closer to state again just needs to clean up the details. I am a Warren fan you guys showed me the passion of Blue Devil pride😊

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT