ADVERTISEMENT

Final: Loyola beats Neuqua 33-6

NNFAN

Sep 9, 2001
Naperville, IL
Loyola marches down field on first TD drive, mixing run and pass. Defense pins Neuqua deep in own territory, forcing 3 and out. Gets ball back on Neuqua side of field. Another TD on pass to wide open receiver. Third TD on punt return. Neuqua didn't show up today.

Loyola line big and nasty, looks like a college line. Offense really looking good mixing things up, great play calling.

Neuqua inexplicably goes for it on 4th and two at their own 28 yard line. They are stopped for no gain. Loyola takes advantage, punching in another TD just before halftime. Now 26-0 with missed 2-point conversion.

Neuqua inexplicably goes for it on 4th and two at their own 28 yard line.
Seems like a rational decision to me. When a team is hopelessly overmatched and already down by a lot, they should do everything they can to keep the ball. It’s an extreme longshot but it’s the only chance they have.

Reactions: MC63
Seems like a rational decision to me. When a team is hopelessly overmatched and already down by a lot, they should do everything they can to keep the ball. It’s an extreme longshot but it’s the only chance they have.
They didn't have enough time with under a minute. All they did was give Loyola another short field TD.

Neuqua fumbles snap on 1st play of 3rd qr. Loyola recovers at Neuqua 18. Three penalties on Loyola stalls drive and Neuqua holds.

Long run leads to another Loyola TD. 33-0 Neuqua is better than this. They are a good defensive team, not so good offensively. Special teams, mistakes, turnovers, penalties, etc.

Do I dare say it? Coaching.
That is indeed the case. Middle school offensive scheme, poor in game strategy/adjustments/time management, and losing top level kids not wanting to play in that kind of program.

That is indeed the case. Middle school offensive scheme, poor in game strategy/adjustments/time management, and losing top level kids not wanting to play in that kind of program.
Napervillebuck,
I really question the play call going for it on their own 28 yard line. It just doesn’t seem like a good idea.
It is what it is. I don’t think anyone was expecting them to beat LA. I did think it might be a closer game. It’s going to take a valiant effort any team to beat Loyola and that includes LWE if they both make it to the final. There is a lot of football to be played still. Warren and MS are still in the thick of it. This years 8A is stacked. It only gets harder from here.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Napervillebuck,
I really question the play call going for it on their own 28 yard line. It just doesn’t seem like a good idea.
It is what it is. I don’t think anyone was expecting them to beat LA. I did think it might be a closer game. It’s going to take a valiant effort any team to beat Loyola and that includes LWE if they both make it to the final. There is a lot of football to be played still. Warren and MS are still in the thick of it. This years 8A is stacked. It only gets harder from here.
"Valliant effort to beat Loyola." Agreed. Its never any other way!! Every year. Its the depth discipline and experienced coaching. Edwardsville Loyola game will be interesting if it happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT